Mega NRG Man in the Swiss Eurovision pre-selection contest

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Mega NRG Man in the Swiss Eurovision pre-selection contest

Post by the_ditz » 29 Oct 2011, 16:51

Yes, you heard me right - one of the most admired male vocalists in the Eurobeat community is branching out, and has a song featured in the pre-selection for the Switzerland Eurovision Song Contest entry!

Listen to the song here - Mega NRG Man - Dance The Night

What are your thoughts? If the track gets enough votes, Tomas will be performing live on Swiss TV! :)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 29 Oct 2011, 18:28

...oh my god, I didn't expect this. GREAT news! I hope he wins the preselection! What an awesome song too. 1000x better than the 2011 Swiss entry.

I'm not from Europe, but they always broadcast Eurovision here every year and I love watching it. I'm excited. :D

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Oct 2011, 18:39

Cool song. Is it produced by a major eurobeat label? Since that's what it sounds like to me.

I like how the artist title says "A Mega NRG Man" instead of just "Mega NRG Man." :P
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Oct 2011, 21:08

Not sure on the producers, but there are some classic Eurobeat-style synths in the backing track, particularly during the intro. I'm trying to find out some more information.

Anyway, this is a bit cheeky, and we only have another 24 hours or so to make a difference, but everyone on here can vote for Mega NRG Man to get through to the live qualification show! The link I'm posting below is actually instructions on how to register on the voting website (since it's in German!) that was posted on the Same Difference website (another act in the running, who will be getting my second vote ;)) - when you're in the site, if you click "Alle Videos" down the left hand sight, you'll have all the videos and can choose the number of points you wish to give to each video. Hope that makes sense - I'm off to register now!

http://www.samedifferenceworld.com/SD%2 ... Voting.pdf

Oh, and the vote is only open until midnight on 30th October (European time) so that's just over 24 hours from now!!

Actually, it turns out you can only give a maximum of 4 points in total across all videos, so I was loyal to the Eurobeat royalty and gave all 4 to Mega NRG Man :)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Oct 2011, 21:39

the_ditz wrote:Actually, it turns out you can only give a maximum of 4 points in total across all videos, so I was loyal to the Eurobeat royalty and gave all 4 to Mega NRG Man :)
Went all the trouble to give my 4 points too!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 30 Oct 2011, 01:33

Gave him 8 in total. Hope he wins. 8)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 30 Oct 2011, 03:42

#Infinity wrote:Cool song. Is it produced by a major eurobeat label? Since that's what it sounds like to me.

I like how the artist title says "A Mega NRG Man" instead of just "Mega NRG Man." :P
The drums and synth fade outs sound like pure Go Go's Music mixed with SCP and the background singer I'm pretty sure is Domino. It sounds a lot like her. I understand why they went with the alias Mega NRG Man as it's his most popular, but I would have gone with Mr. Groove for this track. Awesome style and very unlike anything this alias has had.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Oct 2011, 05:27

Not a bad song at all. The percussion (drum beats) is a little too radio friendly for me to concider this Eurobeat, but the overall synth arrangements sound good and I love the breakdown.
I too would have opted for Mr. Groove alias.

Whats' funny is that this ong sounds like somthing the alias of Dusty would sing. remeber that song on SEB 153?

Much luck to Thomas and crew and hopefully AVEX has nothing to do with this production. :grin:

hollypolly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by hollypolly » 30 Oct 2011, 10:04

thanks for the news.. he needs all our support! but if you want to vote for thim you need to be fast...

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 30 Oct 2011, 20:28

Vielen Dank, Ihre Stimmen wurden gezählt.

Done. :p

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 11 Nov 2011, 22:34

Sadly, "A" Mega NRG Man didn't make it to the national final :( Hopefully his song might appear for download somewhere soon though :)