Jion's Edited Review Of Super Eurobeat Volume 149

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Jion's Edited Review Of Super Eurobeat Volume 149

Post by Jion » 19 Jun 2004, 17:18

*Notice: Because of how much I've been listening to the CD and how much I believe how good some songs are (with me, my ranking fluxuates with time. Some songs go one point down with time, some go up one point in time) I feel that sometimes I need to update my rankings. As such there may be some changes which I will highlight in bold. Changes only occur when the point rankings go up more than one point.*

Did it before so I just thought I should bring it here! If ya got any questions about it feel free to ask me! I'll be happy to respond :D

1. Go Go's And The Monkeys by the Go Go Girls

Excellent song! Again the Go Go Girls shine like no other group in eurobeat can. Very happy and very enterating. Great energy and I love how they talk about animals. My boyfriend would love this song. Whatcha think Danny? ^_^

10 out of 10, Platinum Award

2. Mazinger Go! by Jimmy Bravo

First off... I thought this song would be more of a reflection of Ichiro Mizuki's work on Mazinger but it's more of a personal translation. Very cool work and sounds like a song you would here more from Boom Boom Beat and very Europanicy. Not as fast as a Europanic! song but you get the drift. The guitars in the beginning take the cake!

*Update: I really keep listening to this song and keep noticing how good it really is. This song makes me feel so good everytime I listen to it! I can't believe how hooked I got on it... At first I didn't think too much of it, but I keep picturing a parapara dance to this and how much fun it would be. I also keep playing it on repeat! I have to upgrade the score! It has to be done!*

Previous Award
8 out of 10, Silver Award
Updated Award
10 out of 10, Platinum Award, Song Of The Year Nomination

3. Let's Go, Come On by Manuel

I was so awaiting this song! I loved it ever since I heard it on Initial D 4th Stage and it's just as good! The lyrics are very perverted though!! Great energy, great lyrics (tho sick) great sound, great singing. Manuel to me is like the male version of Lolita, in that his sound is very dancable and very energetic. Outstanding and nomination for song of the year, easy...

Because I found the lyrics so amazing and perverted at the same time, I felt like I had to put them up! LOL!

Don't be so shy and touch what you like
For a night woa woa
I'm gonna please you
Open your heart, I can't wait too long for you
Woa Woa so get a move on

Gonna surrender to temptation
Wanna surrender to your love
I'd like to carry on!
And make your body move
Just for me girl!

Let's go, come on!
Don't forget that I like you
Get on, you know
Can you feel the rhythm
Let's go, come on!
Once again keep on movin'
We go, move on!
I want to regain you

Show me your line, you body and more
For a while woa woa
I've got excited
Wake up your mind
And light up your soul tonight
Woa woa
We'll have a good time

4. Get Me Burning Up by Donna

The intro is outstandingly well done. The sound is very transish and very energetic but it has such a girl eurobeat feel to it... I don't know... But then the songs gets some effects in it and makes it very cool. This song is rather different than anything I have heard before. I really like it!

5. Superfantastico by Matt Land

This song reminds me of the song "Don't Stop Me" in that its very ravish yet it's still the same ol' Matt Land we've come to love. The song isn't as powerful as I'd expect from Matteo Setti though. I was slightly let down by this song but it is very cool still. The effects are rather interesting and they lyrics are pretty cool.

9 out of 10, Gold Award

6. Don't Let My Love Disappear by Newfield - Moroni - Sinclaire

The humming at the beginning is just breathtaking. In just humming you can tell that Clara posesses one of the greatest voices in Eurobeat. The singing is top notch and the music is very cool. Very soft yet powerful at the same time. Very sad sounding and the guitar makes me cry! It's very outstanding and fits well with the song! Outstanding job Delta!

9 out of 10, Gold Award

7. Run by Fastway

Okay now I'm confused... Fastway is supposed to be the Hi-Energy style guy and Dusty is supposed to be the electrorock impersonation of Fastway... Whatever! LOL! The song is very rockish and reminds me slightly of the guitar infused song "Standby & Please Rewind" again by Fastway. I absolutely love how this song comes out. It is so catchy and so powerful. Fastway's energy is trully captured here and what the fans get is his love and passion for this business. What would eurobeat be without you Fastway? Not the same thats for sure. On another note... this is the first song in a long time to have a guitar solo on SEB. The last one was on 147 (Not For Sale) and before that was on 142 (Get Another Chance). The guitar solo is outstanding!

10 out of 10, Platinum Award, Electrorock song of the CD, Song Of The Year Nomination

8. Bazoocow by Franz Tornado

The return of Franz Tornado and the return of Euromach sound to the fans!! This is the true coming of Hi-NRG Attack to SEB! You can tell this is what Hi-NRG Attack is. Energetic power and fun lyrics and just fun all around! I love this song! When it slows down and gets muted and shoots back up... I LOVE THAT! The keys are crazy fast and as silly as it is, the voice by Federico is just too awesome! Great song! You hear parts of old songs here too a la 150. Check it out you'll like it!

10 out of 10 Platinum Award, Song Of The Year Nomination

9. Take Me Take Me by Alexis

Wow... Thats how I was when I hear the intro... The voice is rather similar to stuff you've heard from Alexis before (by that I mean the style). Then the song just sorta messes itself up by sounding alot like songs you've heard before. Thankfully the song picks up when she starts singing. It's weird... It goes down in my ranking, then comes back up... big time!! LOL! Take a listen to it I was actually rather impressed by the singing and the style!

9 out of 10, Gold Award

10. Listen To Me by Norma Sheffield

And she's back! Smooth... very smooth sounding definately. This however sounds like typical girl eurobeat... Not my style. Sounds like something Alexis would sing... I'm sorta getting dissapointed by some of the returning A-Beat C ladies... The new ones (Nuage & Susy Wender) and classic stars (Domino & Lolita/Virginelle) have established themselves well but the other stars (such as Norma and Susan Bell) have been struggling quite a bit. I don't like this... I remember liking their songs!

6 out of 10

11. Never Gonna Give You Up by Kevin Johnson

Very discoish! Very cool! Of course the requirement of SEB now... The cover of the CD. Sounds like they took part of the original and put in it. The singing reminds me or Rick Astley just slightly softer. Sorta too quick tho since it seems to trip just a tad. Very solid and very strong work. I like it quite a bit since it makes me feel really good and brings me back... Though I'm not that old... It just brings me back to the old style of music we had before here in the States before it was all about money, hoes and anger... Oh well...

9 out of 10, Gold Award

12. Eclipse Of Your Love by Happy Hours

One is obviously Dave after taking a break from being on SEB (his last song was on 148) and the other I'm guessing is Lolita . I love this song. It is very great and no one hogs the lyrics at all. Both are extremely outstanding and extremely strong vocals. The keys are sharp and the mood is very loving and very sweet. Great song!

13. Heat Of The Night by David "Off"

This song doesn't get me at all... I don't like the vocal style... The backup vocals are pretty cool but other than that nothing really gets me. I don't know... This to me is the letdown of the CD... Doesn't really spark interest at all...

6 out of 10

14. Crazy by Robbie Grain

This song starts off really well and very energetic. The mood of this song is pretty strong and very ravish too. Everything about this song is solid really. Nothing stands out but its not bad at all. Very cool to listen to. Check it out once and give your own take on it.

15. Waiting For My Love by Mike West

YES!! This is what I love! The intro is chock full of guitars! Beautiful! This reminds me alot of "Rock And Roll Babe" just done really really really well! I really like this song alot since it makes me feel powerful and the rockish feeling gives me chills! Try it out and feel it for yourself! The vocals are really strong and smooth and very influental!

16. Running In The Night by Nuage

Ever since 132, I have been waiting for a Nuage song to hit me like Baby Get My Fire Tonite. To me, that was Nuage's greatest hit and one of the best eurobeat songs ever. I start listening to this song and the first thing I notice is how great Nuage sings! Nuage really showcases her stuff here! It's classic Nuage slow style and Kylie Minoguish and I can honestly say I am quite impressed by this song! I am bringing this song to a club someday and playing it! I think this song is a showcase of Nuage big time! I was blown away by Nuage's singing abilities! Great lyrics, great music, great singing... what more can you ask for?

17. Ice Cream (U Scream) by Scream Team

The group that brought my top song for 2003 comes back with a scary style song that is just a load of fun to listen to! I love this monster party style! The lyrics are extremely good and very influental! When the guys come in and sing their part, it sounds really nice! I wish tho that the guys could have sung a little bit more! The lead girl's voice adds quite a bit to this song and makes it a blast to listen to. Slower than "Horror Fantasy" but just as great! Take a bow SCP! You are really getting the hang of SEB big time! My favorite production company comes and brings me such a classic! Great job!

18. S.M.S by Nameless

If you are nameless... and they call you Nameless... then you're not nameless... LOL! My brief moment of sillyness. The intro is pretty and cool though I would have preferred some kind of talking if your gonna put in some dialing a telephone in... The singing is quick and very spooky... When I hear this song, I picture the ghost of a girl singing in the window sill of a dark French quarter. The voice is very cool and comforting and the bell in corner adds to the spooky effect. Very very cool song and so full of emotion.

9 out of 10, Gold Award

Top songs of the Album

1. Let's Go, Come On by Manuel
2. Run by Fastway
3. Running To The Night by Nuage
4. Ice Cream (U Scream) by Scream Team
*Updated: 5. Tie: Eclipse Of Your Love by Happy Hours and Mazinger Go! by Jimmy Bravo*

Best Electrorock Song - Run by Fastway
Best Hi-NRG Song - Running To The Night by Nuage
Most Surprising Song - S.M.S by Nameless
Best Overall Song - Let's Go, Come On by Manuel
Most Dissapointing Song - Heat Of The Night by David "Off"

Overall Grade - 10 out of 10

This CD has every song in it get an award except two. Every song here is very well done and has its own quirks. Hi-NRG Attack is very well represented by Franz Tornado and SCP is extremely good! A-Beat C seems to be slipping a little bit female wise though you wouldn't be able to figure that out by listening to Nuage's song! I recommend you get this! This CD is very very outstanding! Jion out!
Last edited by Jion on 22 Jun 2004, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 19 Jun 2004, 17:38

w00t! Awesome review Jion! :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 19 Jun 2004, 17:42

Nine wrote:w00t! Awesome review Jion! :D
Arigato senpai!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 19 Jun 2004, 18:12

redtarzanboi wrote:Arigato senpai!
no problem! ^^d

Spacemonkey*
Euro To B

Post by Spacemonkey* » 19 Jun 2004, 21:11

Thanks for the review XD
beep?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 19 Jun 2004, 21:30

Slight differences with each of the reviews, yet they all tell the same thing: That Super Eurobeat 149 is a great album. Everyone just has their own favorite, I am slowly leaning towards Nuage's Running To The Night as the best song on the album.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 19 Jun 2004, 21:47

Bore wrote:I am slowly leaning towards Nuage's Running To The Night as the best song on the album.
pssht. XD

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 20 Jun 2004, 11:15

Thanks for good review :)
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

Jion

Post by Jion » 22 Jun 2004, 19:41

Alright I updated my review since I've been doing some major listening to the album. Only one song was changed and the rankings are there. Hope you enjoy! I know this is very unlike me since I defend my rankings as they were when I did them, but I felt like I needed to give a song a proper grade so I did.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 Jun 2004, 20:09

I should also update my review on the site as the album is getting pretty old rather quickly. The Manuel song sounded nice in the beginning but it got really boring after a while, also a few 10's will go down from the one I wrote. The final grade will also go down from 9½ to 9 or 9+

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 22 Jun 2004, 20:23

I should update my review as well, seeing I was able to point out Domino's vocals in the go go girls song!! :O!!!

Jion

Post by Jion » 23 Jun 2004, 00:34

LOL! You guys are copying me! LOL!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Re: Jion's Edited Review Of Super Eurobeat Volume 149

Post by Nine » 12 Oct 2007, 16:56

Jion wrote:1. Go Go's And The Monkeys by the Go Go Girls

Excellent song! Again the Go Go Girls shine like no other group in eurobeat can...

I really enjoyed this song too! I would give it 10 / 10 as well :)

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 12 Oct 2007, 17:02

Er, are you feeling all right Phil? :P

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 12 Oct 2007, 17:18

Densetsu13 wrote:Er, are you feeling all right Phil? :P
what? I really truly deeply love gogo's and the monkey's :!: