100%
I ONLY LISTEN TO EUROBEAT
No votes

Total votes: 3

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

TOP 40 music is sounding good again

Post by drnrg » 12 Sep 2013, 08:19

For all the major kicks and blows I've given to Top 40 pop music these last years; I have to say, I see light on the horizon.

I always used to love Top 40 back in the 80 and 90's to some extent early 2000s were still rock and alternative influenced I remeber how great it was to see Nickleback, Lifehouse, Matchbox Twenty, Hinder, Simple Plan. Good Charlotte, Fountains of Wayne and Bowling For Soup. remeber Stacy's Mom and 1985. Stacy's Mom sounding like something the Cars would have released in the 80's and 1985 's lyrics were all about the 80's. Oh man.. My point is Top 40 Pop radio was great!
, but these last few yeas, it seemed Pop music had gone down the toilet. All that urban Hip Hop dance stuff was shamlessly sounding the same. To the point when it all became a joke. need i have to mention LMFAO(Laugh My Fucking Ass Off) and Pitbull. many music fans I know concider that the lowest point music has hit and I agree.

Anyway, hopefully Music will never embarress itself that much again.
What I am here to praise is the new interest youngsters are having in the Indie scene. Finally some real talent is in the top 40. Just look at this weeks list

http://www.americasmusiccharts.com/inde ... usiccharts

The standout for me are songs from these bands. many are Indie Crossovers from Adult Radio lists.
MAROON 5(always kept thier integrety) ,Capital Cities, Paramore(still hot), Tegan and Sara. Neighbourhood, Fall Out Boy, New Politics, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Mika, Philip Phillips even Florida Giorgia Line sounded good when they play the original version, not that Nelly remix. Last year when we had Fun, Gotye, Adele, Of Monsters and Men, Grouplove ,ect... I felt things were gonna change for the better. More and more I was starting to catch songs on the top 40 stations that I had heard on Alternative or Rock radio.

But that's not all I have to praise. Not only that, but some artists that really didn't grab my interest before are sounding really good by adding some retro disco melodies and beats. Treasure ,Get Lucky, Take Back The Night, Blurred Lines. The Zedd song is not bad either. Seeing that Travis introduced me to it months before it hit top 40. I still prefer his Eurobeat remix, but as it is; its not too bad either.

That's is a lot of music from the top 40 that I'm actually downloading and enjoying. I was already listeing to bands like Capital Cities, Of Monsters and Men, Paramore, Neighbourhood and Lana Del Rey way before thye were picked up by Top 40.

I think people finally are getting tired of the same old dance beat by the same old Pitbulls. This is a good developement in my eys and from a business perspective too. The most important thing I see is variation. It's not just the Urban crowd litening to top 40 radio anymore., but fans with different tastes in music.

I myself have a sugar tooth for anything retro sounding with a rock sound to it, but I also love myself a good synth Pop tune when done Imaginateively.I don't know if most of you are geered towards dance music or perhaps your pison is the underground hardcore tech stuff but ,those who have a taste for some indie alternate rock, should check out the other lists like Adult Rock and Alternative if you really want preview of the years upcomming top 40 hits. :grin:

BTW, A band that is just waiting to break big is Fitz and The Tantrums. My favourites at the moment. "Out of My League" is destined for top 10.

I'm just hoping this trend continous, because I was really missing some good sounding top 40 radio.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 14 Sep 2013, 15:44

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 14 Sep 2013, 17:25

I like Basshunter, it's more up my alley than what we have in america atm anyway. I wouldn't listen to it all day every day, but sometimes simplistic and predictable is fun. I feel like Now You're Gone is kind of lame though, because the new english lyrics are really boring compared to Boten Anna, the original.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 14 Sep 2013, 17:41

-redacted-