Super Eurobeat 225

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 02 Oct 2013, 06:50

drnrg wrote:Lebon14
@drnrg I also have a decent 2.1 sound system on my computer and it still distort quite heavily.
The few explosions in the intro and break sound a tad heavy, the the song is nowhere near unbearable.

What I did do as a test was connect some p.c. stock speakers just to see what I would hear and the output was really distorted compared to what I use now. I took them off right away. they were pure shit. It reminded me the whole reason I took them off in the first place.

Guys get some updated speakers to listen to Eurobeat the way it was meant to be. That's pretty much all I can advise.8)
For the last time man, it's not our speakers! :P I have expensive audio technica headphones and I still complain about the brickwalling.

You're probably just not as sensitive to the brickwalling or distortion as some people...and there's nothing wrong with that. Look at the bright side, the current trends in mastering don't bother you, so you can enjoy the music for what it is. :)
Darkholme wrote: As for Passport to Dance, I can't say the brickwalling is that noticable on lower volume outside of the explosions, but if I crank the volume up I definitely hear something. I haven't tested this on my speakers but I figure the results will be the same.
This is something I've noticed a lot, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I feel like I'm getting roundhouse kicked by noise when I listen to squashed tracks loudly, but when they are quiet it sounds fine. I want to be able to listen music I like loudly though...ironically, the 'Loudness War' is forcing me to listen to music more quietly.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 Oct 2013, 22:05

drnrg...you've just listened to dance music for so long, it's all like diarrhea in your ears now.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Oct 2013, 07:03

Bonkers
drnrg...you've just listened to dance music for so long, it's all like diarrhea in your ears now.
Well weather you like it or not; it must have something to do with the speakers, because ; If you noticed, I said I did a test run with regular stock speakers and what I have now and there was a world of difference. In fact, stock speakers' output was just a bunch of muffled crap. I also played my mp3s on my friend's laptops and it sounded terrible. Least to say, that's why they(Friends of mine) can't get into Eurobeat.

Mindsweeper
You're probably just not as sensitive to the brickwalling or distortion as some people...and there's nothing wrong with that. Look at the bright side, the current trends in mastering don't bother you, so you can enjoy the music for what it is.

That's another point I made. besides the fact that Eurobeat sounds allright; I do notice this on new Rock cds. Nickelback, Avatar, Black Veil Brides, Hinder. Even the new KISS has it. The sub-woofer I added to my P.C. helps a bit, but the guitars are at TIMEs sound so distorted, that it makes me turn the volume down. :(

but as you said ; as long as it doens't seem to bother me when I hear Eurobeat :wink:

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 03 Oct 2013, 10:21

drnrg wrote:I also played my mp3s on my friend's laptops and it sounded terrible.
Well, that's a totally different issue entirely. It doesn't matter what you play through a laptop's speaker, it'll sound like crap no matter what. The brickwalling issue has to do with how they master the track. They make it too loud so you start hearing clipping, and that goes for even super expensive audio setups. I can hear it and my headphones and soundcard together are worth slightly over 700USD :P

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Oct 2013, 11:54

Mindsweeper wrote:For the last time man, it's not our speakers! :P I have expensive audio technica headphones and I still complain about the brickwalling.

You're probably just not as sensitive to the brickwalling or distortion as some people...and there's nothing wrong with that. Look at the bright side, the current trends in mastering don't bother you, so you can enjoy the music for what it is. :)
drnrg was speaking about his sound system and how he doesn't hear it on it. That's why I spoke about my own speakers. I also have Audio Technica headphones (ATH-M50). I listen to non-walled music and I enjoy it way more than walled music. Of course, as long as it's not as bad as Metallica's Death Magnetic album or the equivalent of Passport To Dance on SEB, I tolerate loud mastering.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 03 Oct 2013, 17:24

Review Time!

01 Manuel - Never Say Never - 12/15
An energetic song! It reminds me a bit of his song Limousine on 207. Cool melody, nice text, I like that "ass-kicking" sound.

02 ACE - Adrenaline - 8/15
Hm. The song is good but now that good. Don't know how to describe it. It's a song I can listen to and don't skip...

03 Karen - Maybe One Day - 6/15
And again we get a "recycled A-Beat C song". I know, some of you are happy that avex releases older songs that haven't been released already. I don't have a problem when avex does this. But please not on SEBs. I'm no fan of this "older Eurobeat sound". There are good songs in older SEBs/Eurobeat albums, please don't get me wrong, but like the A-Beat C songs on 222, 223 and 224 I'm disappointed. But I have to say, of all the A-Beat C songs this year, this was the best one.

04 Dave & Futura - Magic Sunday - 8/15
The song isn't bad but in my point of view Dave and Futura should sing alone, no more duets please. The melody is nice but I think the song would sound better if Dave would sing it alone...

05 Tipsy & Tipsy - Baby Tonight - 14/15
Yes, finally a new 3B song! I've missed the sound of Boom Boom Beat. Almost every 3B/Asia song ever was produced hooked me. And so this one, too. Can't complain, everything's nice.

06 Dream Fighters - I Just Wanna Stay With You - 11/15
Hm, a generic Dima Music song. It's nothing special, totally sounds like his songs of earlier this year... However, who says that this sound is bad? Me not. I like the melody, Dima's voice fits very well. Nice work.

07 Cherry - Fairy Tale - 9/15
And here we have this SEB's aishu track. What should I say? It feels like a continuation of Reborn My Fire on 222. I don't have much to say about this song, it's okay, nothing bad.

08 Franz Tornado - Kool Kitten - 15/15
FRANZ TORNADO. A song about Eurobeat and its silly lyrics? I've said everything. Love it.

09 Tora - You Got Me Boom! Boom! - 11/15
*Ironic voice* "Oh, yes, a new Tora song... I'm so excited... However, with a Boom! in its title the song just can't be bad. Yep. Even if I had to listen to the song a few times, I can enjoy it now. My favorite part is that "wahwah part". It's nice to see how the producer experiments with the music.

10 Paul Harris - Don't Forget - 13/15
Awww yeah. A new Paul Harris song. I really liked Dreamers on 224 and only one SEB later he's there again. The song has a bit of melancholic feel, good melody, brillant voice. (Noooo, I'm noo Paul Harris fanboy. :D *again ironic voice*)

11 Ultraviolet - Moonlight Hero - 15/15
Ultraviolet, I wanna see/hear more of you! Your voice is so beautiful! This song is so... I fell in love with it, played it like... 1000 times? Perfect one. HEEEEEEeeeeeEEERO!

12 Ciao Ciao - Give Me Your Heaven - 10/15
"Yes, a new Ciao Ciao song!", I thought. I'm a big fan of her songs Bang Bang Crashing Of The Boom Boom on 186 and Together on 214. Her song on 218 (I don't even remeber the name...) was no good one... So I hoped that she'll make a better song than the last one. Hm. And yep. The song isn't nearly as good as the two songs I mentioned at the beginning, however, it's at least (way) better than her song on 218.

13 Powerful T. - Fantasy Car - 10/15
Yay, a new song by Powerful T.! On 223, we got a Magic Car and now it transformed into a Fantasy Car? Okay. What can I say...? The song's better than Magic Car but nothing special of him. I wish he would make a song like Face The Race on 204, my favorite Powerful T. song. Anyway, the song has a good melody, good voice and could be better. Very constructive, I know.

14 Les & Megan - Beat Around - 7/15
He he, you'll probably hate me but I didn't like Les' Tearful Eyes due to her voice and so I'm no fan of this one too. I've listened to it only several times, now I skip it evrytime when it begins... But better than Maybe One Day.

15 Go 2 - Hot Hot Racin' Car - 13/15
The song sounds at some parts like a remix. :D I like it, can't complain much, good work.

All in all a good album. But my favorite SEB this year still is 224.

By the way, in December we'll get The Best of SEB 2013. But we already could vote for the best tracks. The best tracks of 221 - 225. Does that mean that SEB226 will be released next year...?

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 03 Oct 2013, 23:14

KiraTM wrote: Does that mean that SEB226 will be released next year...?
November this year. Unless that was a fake date as well.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Oct 2013, 08:52

First TIME I see a ratings system of 0/15 0r is it 6/15?

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 04 Oct 2013, 09:32

drnrg wrote:First TIME I see a ratings system of 0/15 0r is it 6/15?
It's 0/15, the grade system I have in "Abitur" (German equavilent of British A Levels).

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Oct 2013, 03:12

KiraTM
It's 0/15, the grade system I have in "Abitur" (German equavilent of British A Levels).
Interesting... So the Germans allow 5 more grace points. Does that make it easier to score high as compared to the 0-10 sytem? I mean it puts a whole new meaning to the "perfect 10" saying.[/quote]

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 06 Oct 2013, 04:59

It may gives you higher points but the sense is getting more exact grades.