The Best of Super Eurobeat 2013

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 16 Dec 2013, 21:18

Wasn't planning on buying this in a million years but still, this tracklist doesn't look good at all IMO

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 16 Dec 2013, 21:42

I have say that this is a disappointing tracklist. I was really hoping that it would...well you know...more promising. now I'm just very uncertain and not even tempted to get this CD I want to support it but at the same time I don't know. Maybe I'll hint hint it over to my boyfriend or one of the family members. Seriously...I love SEB...but...reborn my fire...why couldn't have fairy tale been its replacement instead. Sorry Avex even im not going to try throwing my money at the screen like the previous releases. U don't deserve the joke.
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 16 Dec 2013, 23:44

KiraTM wrote:Well, if you ask me I'm not satisfied. Where the hell is Prayer? Yeah, my opinion is very subjective but I do remember that this song was pretty popular here.
I don't think you should measure the popularity of a song by how it was recieved on this forum.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 17 Dec 2013, 00:32

Well, I have pretty mixed feelings here, but obviously the tracklist isn't going to line up perfectly with my preferences. I do have to ask, however, where on earth is Hot Hot Racin' Car? Japan always completely eats up Go 2, and frankly this is one of their strongest tracks in years, not to mention the best song on SEB 225 by a fair margin.

Other than that, I'm baffled by the appearances of Down Down Down and Reborn My Fire, but I'm not too surprised about Tearful Eyes, Welcome to the Show, and Wild Boys, as much as I dislike all of those tracks. I'm surprised, too, about Amazing Love, Dance Eurobeat, and Boys Gone Wild, but I'm glad because they really didn't receive the attention they deserved here.
ImageImage

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Dec 2013, 02:30

Maybe the Japanese audience really have different preferences than us. I would be curious to know how many people voted and how many votes were castes.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 17 Dec 2013, 04:46

25-13 mixed by DJ Boss
12-1 mixed by DJ Gun

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 17 Dec 2013, 05:16

Shawaazu wrote:25-13 mixed by DJ Boss
12-1 mixed by DJ Gun
Hmm...interesting to say the least. Best of 2010 was stale...or maybe I just didn't like the track selection, but hardly any effects were added to the tracks, let alone any transitions. I will say I fully enjoyed SEB 219. The tracks chosen were great for the most part. The tempo was great, and the effects were present. :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Dec 2013, 00:50

Ill put these songs in order the way I would have chose them. In a few weeks I'll post my own traditional yearly Eurobeat Italo countdown.

This tracklist is beyond bad and left out one of my poersoanl favourites and easily best of the year. plus I'm not at all surprised what thier number one track is.

where's
Dave Rodgers- 1 Fire

Bon- Pull The Trigger
Daniel- Poison
Lilly- Make Me Wonder
Megan- Walking Alone In London
Cy-Ro- Born To Wild In My Car
Garcon- Lucky Lucky
Go 2- Go Go Racin Car
Powerful T. Fantasy Car
Les & Megan - Beat Around
Cherry- Fairytale
Scream Team- Wacky Wacky O!

and Tearful Eyes way down there. Seems AVEX is reluctant to face the fact that Sinclaire Style was the best Eurobeat label of the year. Even the one that most of you creamed over: Sunlght is way at the bottom.

At least they featuered Last Of Eurobeat and Wild Boys up there, but there are wayyyy too many of my fvas missing, for me to concider this a decent list.

here is the scrambled version of this same list. same formatt. track 25 is the fav.

01. WELCOME TO THE SHOW / Tanith & Dark Evil
02. MAYBE ONE DAY / Karen
03. DOWN DOWN DOWN / Tipsy & Tipsy
04. CRAZY LITTLE LOVE / Nuage
05. DANCE EUROBEAT / Heater Feat. Dima
06. DIFFERENT GIRL / An-G
07. SUNLIGHT / Kaioh
08. DANCE IN THE STARLIGHT / Ace
09. FLY MAGIC / Jager
10. AMAZING LOVE / Baby Gold
11. INTO THE SUNRISE / Dave Rodgers
12. REBORN MY FIRE / Cherry
13. LOVELY / Irene
14. POWER & LOVE / Stephy Martin
15. JUST SAY YEAH / Kaioh
16. SEB 4 U / SEB All-Stars Feat. DJ Boss
17. BOYS GONE WILD / Dejo
18. NEVER SAY NEVER / Manuel
19. IN THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT / Cindy
20. LOVING EUROBEAT / Dejo & Bon
21. SUPER DRIVER / Daniel
22. HEART’S ON FIRE / David Dima
23. WILD BOYS / Rich Hard
24. TEARFUL EYES / Les
25. LAST OF EUROBEAT / Mark Farina

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 19 Dec 2013, 02:52

well...how's the mix??

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 19 Dec 2013, 22:08

Bonkers wrote:well...how's the mix??
DJ Gun's section was better than DJ Boss. Even though he had the shittier song selection, the mixing felt more fun and energetic, and it felt like he put some effort into it. DJ Boss' just felt a little boring even though I like a lot of the songs on his side. The mixing felt very normal and not very creative. I dunno, maybe I just have different expectations on a Eurobeat non-stop.

EDIT: Changed names cause I confused their sections.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 30 Dec 2013, 01:30

My copy came in yesterday. After listening, I can honestly say that it's a pretty great mix.
I prefer DJ Gun's portion because the mixing is somewhat present (which is great for a Eurobeat mix) and the tracks are flooded with skipping/shutter/grinding sound effects (which made me extremely happy with this being a "blind buy"!)
DJ Boss's portion was decent, not as many crazy sound effects :( but it was nice to hear "Different Girl" pitched up a bit!

Overall, as you all know, I love my non-stops. I wish all the tracks would have been pitched up, but hey, I was kept happy enough just by having the sound effects over the tracks :P I hope DJ Gun has more of a presence on future Non-Stops.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 10 Jan 2014, 19:11

I was quite surprised. The tracklist is nice, but nothing what I'd call a "Best of". So I wasn't looking that forward to this album. And what can I say? The mix is pretty good, both DJs did a good job, I can't complain. I can recommend this CD if you wanna hear a nice SEB 2013 Megamix - but it's still no Best of SEB 2013. :)

Funfact: On the backside, there is every SEB of last year behind the tracklist, including 226.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 10 Jan 2014, 23:30

The official mix's tracklist is crap compared to my own mix's tracklist :P

Seriously guys, you should check out my mix. /shamelessplug
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 15 Mar 2014, 22:48

There's nothing worse than crappy low-res covers. While we're getting 1200px covers for normal SEBs through iTunes this SEB hasn't been released there. So the only cover we got is a crappy 597px cover with incredible artifacts. So I decided to try to copy the cover and make it hi-res.
Unfortunately, it'll never reach the original because I don't know which fonts avex used. I had to take similar ones... It was very hard to find a font with a 3 that looks like the 3 in the original. Even after hours I couldn't find one that looks like that. Plus, I don't want to purchase the image for about 11 Euros! At least not yet. I mean, I already paid about 25 Euros for this album.
To make it short: I've made a hi-res cover with dreamstime watermark. Take a look: *CLICK*

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Mar 2014, 23:43

KiraTM wrote:There's nothing worse than crappy low-res covers. While we're getting 1200px covers for normal SEBs through iTunes this SEB hasn't been released there. So the only cover we got is a crappy 597px cover with incredible artifacts. So I decided to try to copy the cover and make it hi-res.
Unfortunately, it'll never reach the original because I don't know which fonts avex used. I had to take similar ones... It was very hard to find a font with a 3 that looks like the 3 in the original. Even after hours I couldn't find one that looks like that. Plus, I don't want to purchase the image for about 11 Euros! At least not yet. I mean, I already paid about 25 Euros for this album.
To make it short: I've made a hi-res cover with dreamstime watermark. Take a look: *CLICK*
That looks really good!
Too bad that there's a watermark. :(
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!