Super Eurobeat 228

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Apr 2014, 00:10

All the songs but Dima's songs are up on eurolovers YouTube channel. They sound pretty good so far!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Apr 2014, 00:16

If you buy it on mu-mo, you receive a lottery ticket where you can win the original Super Eurobeat sticker. Or something along the lines. SEB227 and 228 aare eligible and the period of entry ends on April 30.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 16 Apr 2014, 00:22

This is one of the worst SEB albums I've heard in a long time. None of the songs impress me.

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 16 Apr 2014, 00:48

para_rigby wrote:All the songs but Dima's songs are up on eurolovers YouTube channel. They sound pretty good so far!
Thanks for the heads up. The Winner Is Me is def. a solid 4/5 for me. Still need to check out the rest, that was the song I was most interested in.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 16 Apr 2014, 01:06

Tiger wrote:This is one of the worst SEB albums I've heard in a long time. None of the songs impress me.
I've been collecting the "new era" SEBs, and personally, I see a pattern:

Odd# volumes are fantastic
Even# volumes are lacking

But, that's just me. I'll wait until my copy gets here before I make a final judgement.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Apr 2014, 01:40

After a good listen, I'm really enjoying:
Pamsy
Megan
Wildside

The women win over, as usual, for me...

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 17 Apr 2014, 01:17

After a complete full listen of the album, I feel this album isn't as strong as the last one, HOWEVER, there are a few songs here and there that do stand out as very good, or excellent:

Hotblade - I'm Your Sexy Machine
Leslie Wonder - King Of The Century
Paul Harris - Motor Racing Master
Pamsy - Give A New Go
Leo River - Ready To Love

The rest of the songs sound not that good, in my opinon..
Sinclaire's styles weren't that strong, even though I have always loved Nando Bonini's voice since his earlier days, I didn't like the way the instruments sounded on his song as Mako. I hope to hear the original version one day, because I am almost certain it would kiss ass compared to synths used on the PLATINUM VERSION (I am a fan of the older sounding synths).

Pamsy's song is particularily quite amazing. A second hit in a row, no doubt. Again, even though it uses somewhat of a trancey baseline, I still find myself enjoying the transitional points in her voice in the verses and chorus, and makes me enjoy this newer sounding eurobeat when it is produced in such a way.

The producers who captured my attention the most are: SCP, GoGo, and Delta.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Apr 2014, 03:07

I was excited to see the song's run TIMes. I'm so glad we are getting longer songs on this disc. The majoraty are over 5 mins!!!!!and Pamsy's song runs a cool 4:20.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 18 Apr 2014, 11:17

Still nothing on iTunes JP... what's avex playing at?? :-x

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 19 Apr 2014, 00:19

wow this album was really disappointing, I don't know why but I just couldn't listen to it. I mean I love listening to ultraviolet's songs, her last two were really good and I love them and they really pulled me in with the vocals but this one was just so...idk... it really kind of push me away. The Dima entries were not...not...fun.
only dee dee wonder, Wildside, Megan, pamsy, and Leslie Parrish (sorta...) kept me listening...nothing did wonders for me in this album. Such a shame.
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Apr 2014, 06:12

The only song from 228 I've had the pleasure of listening so far too.

Paul Harris - Motor Racing Master (DELTA)
Label gets all caps this round. This could be my new favourote Paul Harris song!!!!!! Coulsd be my favouriote off the disc. Which would suit me fine, cuz nonone else has mentioned it as a a favourite yet.

It's so epic, I'm gonna give it the whole vinyl treatment!!!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 Apr 2014, 09:17

the_ditz wrote:Still nothing on iTunes JP... what's avex playing at?? :-x
Once again, see the above. I'm not paying stupid money to import a flippin' CD just to burn it to my laptop anyway - complete waste of money.

GET THIS ALBUM ON ITUNES AVEX!!!!!!!!!!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Apr 2014, 00:22

the_ditz
Once again, see the above. I'm not paying stupid money to import a flippin' CD just to burn it to my laptop anyway - complete waste of money.

Unless you are a collector by heart. Or have a massive DJ system with original Tecnincs componants . Then, the wait is worth it :)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 20 Apr 2014, 02:52

the_ditz wrote:
the_ditz wrote:Still nothing on iTunes JP... what's avex playing at?? :-x

I'm waiting on my copy to get here, but like drnrg said, I'm a collector, so it's totally worth it to have the physical copy.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Apr 2014, 09:42

I haven't bought a CD in ages. Digital downloads are just far more convenient in my life now, to have all my favourite songs on the memory card in my phone or in my laptop with me at all times. Don't get me wrong, I understand those that would want physical CDs to collect, but in this day and age the consumer needs choices. And this consumer is currently extremely p***ed at being excluded from getting this album in his preferred format. :(