Cool eurobeat intros

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Cool eurobeat intros

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 29 Oct 2005, 23:51

Hey, who really likes those (sometimes) clever intros that some songs carry?

Like the intro for "Black Out - Overload" (at least I beleive it was Black Out) and "Shellfire - Mako".

I think they do a very good job of setting the mood for the rest of the song. I find they really set themselves apart from other songs because of this.

I think we need to see more of these, actually.

Anyone else have any other favourite intros?
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 30 Oct 2005, 00:11

Mega NRG Man - Raising Love has one of my personal favorite intros! I'm also quite fond of the introduction to Into The Music; it's simple, but fun and catchy. Thanks To My Fans has a wonderful intro as well! Robert Patton - Looking 4 Love has a good one too! Suzy Lazy - Din Don Dan's intro's nice for a bit more of a calm feel.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 30 Oct 2005, 02:40

Too many cool intros to list, but I rather find the intro of Roswell - come on! very interresting. The threatening monster voice effect followed by a male voice saying COME ON NOW!

clubraf
Eurocurious

Post by clubraf » 30 Oct 2005, 02:42

Yes, the intro buildups are a major part of why I like eurobeat. I also like the intros because their lead-in time to the start of the song rythym is almost always the same (27-32 seconds). This makes mixing compilations easier, hehe.

The introduction to "Back On The Rocks" is one of my favorites as well. The spooky organ is great. Another one that I like is the introduction for "Criminals" by Bonnie and Clyde.

On a different thought, one of the biggest song intro letdowns in my opinion is AC/DC's "Thunder" Obviously this song is not eurobeat, but after I really started to listen to dance much more, I would crank up the volume to that song when the intro came, but then when the song came, I was all revved up with no place to go! (Meatloaf, anyone?... *ahem, nevermind). The speed of the song was totally incompatible with that intro in accordance with most dance songs.

I think a eurobeat remix to "Thunder" would be nice to hear, especially if the buildup actually led to a driving baseline with over-the-top synth rythyms.

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

rock songs

Post by newfield » 30 Oct 2005, 13:32

so,what is the best rock song to cover? make your list.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 30 Oct 2005, 15:21

Y'know, it might not exactly be a rock song, but I've always wanted to hear a eurobeat cover of "You're Not Here - Heather", the theme to Konami's Silent Hill 3.

I've always really liked that song and I was thrilled to have it on the US release of DDREX.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

clubraf
Eurocurious

Post by clubraf » 30 Oct 2005, 19:24

I think a great rock song to do a eurobeat cover to would be "Born To Be My Baby" by Bon Jovi. There are a lot of covers to Bon Jovi's other songs, but I've never heard a cover of that song, which is a little odd considering it's one of the better songs, since I feel the lyrics and words to it have so much more meaning and emotion put into them.

So, "Born To Be My Baby" is at the top of my list for rock songs that should be done for a eurobeat cover track.

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 30 Oct 2005, 19:27

Jon Bon Jovi - Everyday
The Offspring - All I Want
and
Van Halen - Jump

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 30 Oct 2005, 19:44

Jayveemon wrote:
Van Halen - Jump
I remember a relaese, I think it was on Asia .... 'Superlove' which was a Van Halen - Jump cover. Mixed by ............. Mr. Newfield.
But anyway, the orginal is a great song.

Ronald.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Oct 2005, 19:58

Nooo!!! Don't encourage the Bon Jovi covers! Don't you remember 144&145? (j/k)

I'd rather see more disco and 80's covers, though. Or original "inspired by" material. Or just new material outright. (ignoring the fact he's working on a Time Warp cover)

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 31 Oct 2005, 01:40

I do want to listen to a cover of "It Only Takes A Minute" by Tavares!!

[EDIT]
and Aha - Take On Me, Wham! - Freedom, Madonna - Like A Virgin, I Want It That Way - Back Street Boys...
Last edited by oresama-chan on 02 Nov 2005, 01:23, edited 2 times in total.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 31 Oct 2005, 08:32

I'd love to hear any of the 80's pop/rock hits... The early dance classics would so rock. Would love Cindy Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by one of the eurobeat energetic ladies... Or perhaps Kim Wilde - Cambodia, Nena - 99 Luftballons, Laura Branigan - Self Control or Blondie - Call Me.

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 02 Nov 2005, 01:09

Hmmm, I'd say cover Italodisco hits! That would be great! I'd love to hear a "You Can Win If You Want - Modern Talking" or "Love in Siberia - Laban" cover. The first was a great hit where I live. Or maybe a complete remake of "Wind of Change - Fred Ventura"... Just some thoughts ;)
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Nov 2005, 11:17

8) i Would like to see a remake of Dead Or Alive's "You Spin Me Round" or Paul Lekis "Boom Boom Boom" or how about Italo-Disco from the Flirts or Fun Fun? That would be fun....About the original topic of this thread, TIME does the best intros. Think Hi Hi Frankenstien ,Go Go Rock Me, Hula Hula Hop and Body To Body- Stop Limit Line just to name a few. :D

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 04 Nov 2005, 02:17

B4 Za Beat's remix of Boom Boom (Let's Go Back To My Room) was on Dancemania Happy Paradise 2 and man it was good