New to eurobeat production & looking for advice

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
WinterdrivE
Euro To B

New to eurobeat production & looking for advice

Post by WinterdrivE » 01 Jul 2014, 01:45

https://soundcloud.com/winterdrive/eurobeat-test

Feast your ears on this hot mess.

So yeah, this is not only my first time trying to make a eurobeat track, but my first real attempt at making anything period. I'm not really happy with it for a number of reasons, though. I feel like each of the sections feel really disjointed, and the parts/instruments themselves don't mesh well either. But at the same time, i guess i wasn't trying to make a coherent track, so much as I was trying to feel my way about the genre and Synth1. Also, the mastering's really funky and there's room for nonexistent vocals in there, too.

Eh, anyways, let me know what you think, how I can improve, tips, tricks, etc etc. Thanks

Made in REAPER with Synth1 and BoyInABand's percussion samples.

[edit]
I've now dubbed this song "Night of Failure." "Tearful Eyes" and "Forever Sad" could've worked too, but they were already taken.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 Jul 2014, 08:02

I REALLY loved that.
Don't mind the comment on there, the mastering is just fine (DEATH TO BRICKWALLING/LOUDNESS WAR). Beside the percussion in the intro (those symbals ticks), there's nothing wrong with it. In my opinion of course.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 01 Jul 2014, 12:57

It's pretty good! I especially loved the bass
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 03 Jul 2014, 03:23

https://soundcloud.com/winterdrive/yell ... h-remixwip

So I did something else, completely different this time.

I like the idea of eurobeat with a 16th note swing. Let's Get It Done Tonight was one of my favorite songs from SEB 211, even though it wasn't purely in 16th note swing, and this is absolutely nothing like it. I'm just concerned that the swing makes it less eurobeat-ish.

Regarding the vocals, for those non-VOCALOID fans, which I'm guessing is most people here, this is LOLA, and she was literally the first VOCALOID ever made. As such, her software's a little (11 years) dated, but I still like using her. However I will say this is by no means my best use of her. (Check out Party Junkie on my YT for that /self-plug)

Also, if anyone's interested here's the original. Yes, I did sample the original, no I didn't write the English lyrics.

But yeah, let me know what you think, how I can improve it, etc. I actually do plan on finishing this one. idk if I'll finish the other one I posted. In particular, I'm looking for some what of filling out the chorus, which i feel is missing something atm.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Jul 2014, 06:17

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.
Your sound is already sounding like quite a pro already!

...not a fan of vocaloid vocals.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 04 Jul 2014, 15:03

Omg this is really good actually! I'm not very much into Vocaloid, but the production sounds pretty good :)
Amateur indie eurobeat producer. Check out my music here! https://soundcloud.com/super-nova-473010963

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 17 Jul 2014, 02:19

https://soundcloud.com/winterdrive/yell ... emix-wip-2

I did some more with Yellow. This isn't necessarily the final mix, but I did get through the whole song.

I added some stuff to the chorus to make it less hollow and empty. I also changed the hi hat some cuz I thought it was too loud and airy in the first WIP. I also changed the bass drum slightly, increasing its low end a bit cuz I thought it was a little too airy as well.

I also touched LOLA's vocals up some and changed the background singers from LOLA to Luka & SONiKA for a little bit of added vocal texture.

Also, making an electric guitar without an electric guitar isn't fun. That part that starts at the bridge is supposed to be an electric guitar,m but its actually Synth1 run through a distortion filter and a guitar amp/cabinet.

Let me know how I can improve and all that fun stuff. Thanks!

[edit]
jeezuz. I just realized why my right ear bothers me so much the whole time I listen to this. I have a whole bunch of things panned to the right all at once. OTL

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 20 Aug 2014, 01:44

https://soundcloud.com/winterdrive/flow ... -past-wip3

I apologize ahead of time if this forum has some kind of rule against double posting, but I hope exceptions are made for updates and such.

Gilby Glibber/YumA`tron on VOCALOID Otaku gave me permission to remix their song Flowers of the Past, so here's what I've got so far. The lyrics and guitars are by them the rest is by me.

Now that I have the guitars in the chorus, the main synth part lacks as much energy. :/ The second solo's still bare, and I still gotta figure out what to do for an intro, too...

Please ignore the weird distortion of the higher frequencies; SC's been doing weird things to my uploads of this song. Its also, like, barely mastered.

Also excuse the vocals; a professional singer I am not, and I think it shows.

But yeah, feedback is welcome, particular on how to fill out the synth riff and the second solo.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 20 Aug 2014, 15:02

oh! your vocal has potential,you can improve anytime,not a problem :)

i think your remix is pretty nice!

i think,you may try to add some delay,reverb effect to some elements of your track should help fill the space....aslo do some low-level mastering....
sometime,louder is better...

..and about main riff part...maybe adding a arp should help
some parts,maybe adding pad should help too
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Aug 2014, 03:59

I think that the verse is lifeless. It sounds very boring. I needs more melodies.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Venny
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Venny » 21 Aug 2014, 06:19

It's got my feet stomping, so it must be awesome.

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 19 Feb 2015, 04:31

https://soundcloud.com/winterdrive/flow ... -past-wip4

At least I've finally gotten through the whole thing... :/

Copypasta'd form SC:

So here's the next installment of Flowers of the Past. Still a WIP, and its not done. By far...

Everything still wrong with this:
-There's still no proper intro or outro
-The verses are lacking
-The development after the first solo still feels empty
-As does the part after the second solo

Aside from the obvious parts I added in since last time, i also changed the bass drum to something a little more airy, as I didn't like the simpler feel of the other one. I found it was hard to get to cut through without going overboard and messing up the balance.

I've also re-recorded the vocals, so I'd like to think they're a little better and more stable now.

Anyways, any feedback and advice is appreciated as always. But thanks for listening either way. :D

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 19 Feb 2015, 14:16

nice WIP...a little better! but strange, your mix is still not punchy enough.... :|
soundcloud.com/hainam-1