Super Eurobeat 234

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Super Eurobeat 234

Post by synthjunkie » 11 Apr 2015, 18:17

Super Eurobeat 234 info off of Mu-mo:

CDアルバム

2015/06/17発売 V.A. (お気に入りアーティストに追加)

配送状況:発売日

通常価格:¥2,592(税込)

商品番号:AVCD-10234

So...June 17, 2015

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 11 Apr 2015, 21:14

wow

so much time D:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Apr 2015, 07:46

People don't see a pattern by now?
*shrug*
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Apr 2015, 14:58

Speaking of which, I'm going to speculate that there will be a Jager song on this album. 8)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 15 Apr 2015, 15:05

Nikita Jr, Dee Dee Wonder, & Jee Bee have been relighted recently, so I'm hoping for the Bazooka Girl alias to be relighted! Oh, and Lolita/Go Go Girls.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 15 Apr 2015, 15:16

Lebon14 wrote:People don't see a pattern by now?
*shrug*
I mean… why announce it so early?
… I wonder if that will make any huge differences in the sales, since they'll offer "pre-order" but with no further info besides
"NEW SUPER EUROBEAT WITH 15 EXTENDED TRACKS WOOO BUY NOW"
(to collectors, that's all fine… However, I honestly wouldn't buy an album without knowing)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 15 Apr 2015, 21:32

It would be nice if they would release a Euromach-style parapara-routines only CD non-stop mix with tracks from 221-present.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Apr 2015, 23:09

Bonkers wrote:It would be nice if they would release a Euromach-style parapara-routines only CD non-stop mix with tracks from 221-present.
Um, I don't think that's a good idea.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 16 Apr 2015, 01:33

milachan wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:People don't see a pattern by now?
*shrug*
I mean… why announce it so early?
… I wonder if that will make any huge differences in the sales, since they'll offer "pre-order" but with no further info besides
"NEW SUPER EUROBEAT WITH 15 EXTENDED TRACKS WOOO BUY NOW"
(to collectors, that's all fine… However, I honestly wouldn't buy an album without knowing)
Avex releases are usually announced two months in advanced.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Apr 2015, 01:43

#Infinity wrote:
Bonkers wrote:It would be nice if they would release a Euromach-style parapara-routines only CD non-stop mix with tracks from 221-present.
If the genre was stil popular like it was during Euromach, then maybe, but there is no incentive for Avex to produce any albums other than the regular albums and a yearly best of. Remember the days when you'd have like 20 eurobeat albums of any kind in a year. Those were the days!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 16 Apr 2015, 01:56

para_rigby wrote:
#Infinity wrote:
If the genre was stil popular like it was during Euromach, then maybe, but there is no incentive for Avex to produce any albums other than the regular albums and a yearly best of. Remember the days when you'd have like 20 eurobeat albums of any kind in a year. Those were the days!
Indeed, I'd probably be far more interested in eurobeat now if the genre was still like it was in 2007. I remember getting so pumped for every release of Super Eurobeat back then because I knew I'd get to listen to a whole bunch of different, colorful songs within a short period of time. Nowadays, with the sporadic release dates and restricted artistic freedom on behalf of Avex's life-support policies, SEB releases no longer feel like exciting chapters of an ongoing musical history so much as desperate attempts to keep para para alive as long as possible, even nearly a decade after the closure of eurobeat's major dance clubs.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Apr 2015, 03:12

I know it's probably been talked about before, but what if the series ends? Do you think the studios would continue maybe with their own digital series or just cease to produce. Seems like there might be more international fans clamoring for music than in Japan itself.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 16 Apr 2015, 03:39

Honestly, I think eurobeat won't ever completely die, but it certainly won't continue to exist as a serious industry. With Initial D, Dance Dance Revolution, and Tokyo dance clubs all things of the distant past, eurobeat really doesn't have any remaining ground to promote itself. It's now more the type of thing that various independent music producers, like Odyssey and Paradise Last for example, will somehow learn about and then integrate into their personal productions, but not market to a widespread commercial audience. I'm complained before that eurobeat as a genre has practically not evolved at all since 2008, and that's because it was around that time that the three things I mentioned before truly started to decline (the clubs were already kaput), so there hasn't been any reason to really advance the industry into new territory.

I'm frankly impressed by how many labels are still active today, but even then, it feels like they're slowly starting to wind down. Time/Eurogrooves, Vibration, Blast, and Newfield have all been inactive for years, and Dima and Asia have slowly lost their penchant for original material. SCP/GGM, A-Beat C, SinclaireStyle, and Hi-NRG Attack are probably still alive because their remaining writers and performers have a natural passion for their work, even if it means compromising for financial stability.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 16 Apr 2015, 04:03

#Infinity wrote:.
I'm frankly impressed by how many labels are still active today, but even then, it feels like they're slowly starting to wind down. Time/Eurogrooves, Vibration, Blast, and Newfield have all been inactive for years, and Dima and Asia have slowly lost their penchant for original material.
Ya, but Dima seems to just not care anymore. Listen to his older material as compared to his newer stuff; there is just so much more life in his older material.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Apr 2015, 04:20

Some like Newfield have just return to their Italo roots. He is currently on TIME Machine productions ,which seems to be an extension of TIME records. Italo is getting a big boost right now. Some classics are even getting radio edits.

Anyway if you have to blame any one factor for the winding down of Eurobeat. Blame AVEX for diminishing the label's creative freedom. Yes. They keep the series alive(barely), but everything under 100% thier terms. You can expect how this ;sooner or later, comes to clashing terms with the Eurobeat producers. That's why most of them left the series. Producers as well as singers.

Anyway most of the original old school singers are also active on the rebirth of Italo scene, which seesm to be going strong, so I'm happy I'm getting good NRG Music from both ends of the globe.