Super Eurobeat 234

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 10 Jun 2015, 08:32

Tracklist looks sick. Hopefully it holds up to the expectations...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Jun 2015, 15:04

Crockett wrote:I'm not classical collector, I just collect my favorite CDs and artists, but I wonder, what are shipping prices, which decrease people's desire to buy CDs from Japan.

Today are many Eurobeat sellers from Europe, which had to buy also in Japan, when surely availability was bigger problem, than now. Japanese post is quite cheap and reliable.

Don't kill Super Eurobeat series by digital files, and thus by not existed, touchable in reality the form of music.
One SEB CD for me, a Canadian, costs around ~35$ with Air Mail shipping. SAL would be ~32-33$. I can get a Toho Eurobeat CD for less even I have to get a forwarder and pay commission for it...

If Avex would ACTUALLY post tracklist, cover art and samples BEFORE the release date, it would be greatly help me into getting the CD. I don't like to buy blind folded. Toho Eurobeat (that will just help getting my point across), for exemple, they post the tracklist, the cover art and a crossfade of all tracks about two weeks before the release. Now, that's awesome!

Supporting digital releases is not asking to kill SEB. In fact, if Avex would get their heads out of their asses and offer a broad distribution, you'll only see better sales for the album. On top of that, you get everything almost immediately.

Don't get wrong, I love collecting CDs but Japan prices for CDs is ABSURD. Even at the current price, most US album CDs sell for AT LEAST 10$ less at launch. You can't hardly see the value into getting the CD and even less if you know that there's a big chance of you not liking the music. I checked and, most used newer SEBs, are "New" prices where you're better off buying from CDJapan.

If SEB was 1500-1800 yen per CD, I'd consider getting every new volume from that point on out.

---

My plan was to complete this post 2 and half weeks ago... But while writing this, my appartment was hit by a fire. Luckily my PC survived and was able to retrieved this. Thanks Firefox. I don't plan on finishing my thought because that said train of thought is long gone. Before anyone asks, yes, I'm alright.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 12 Jun 2015, 18:46

As a German, I pay about 18 to 24 Euros per SEB (depending on current conversion rate). Currently, SEB 234 costs 17,28 Euro plus shipping (I always choose SAL because it's the ceapest method) plus about one Euro because PayPal uses a lower conversion rate... In the end, it's completely affordable for me purchasing one SEB every two months. Even though I only deliver newspapers for about four years now (wage: about 100 Euros plus pocket money), it's not a big deal for me.
... This is like, the only good thing about living in Germany. :???:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Jun 2015, 03:32

@ lebon.
Were you able to save all your other material possesions. I would probobly perrish trying to save vinyls :!:

but seriously; it's good no one was injured

JingleJungleBoy
Eurobeat Boom

Post by JingleJungleBoy » 13 Jun 2015, 13:00

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 13 Jun 2015, 13:24

This SEB is one of the best things I've heard recently

just whoa

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 13 Jun 2015, 13:52

What is Guardian Angels even.... I haven't enjoyed previous Oceania tracks a lot but this is just nnngghhh.

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 13 Jun 2015, 15:38

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 13 Jun 2015, 15:52

Firebird is very reminiscent of Black Power songs, right now is on top of my list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:!:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Jun 2015, 16:02

drnrg wrote:@ lebon.
Were you able to save all your other material possesions. I would probobly perrish trying to save vinyls :!:

but seriously; it's good no one was injured
My clothes mostly. My CDs too but 95% of them were heavily damaged by water and burnt wood pieces. Also, like I said above, my PC. Also, most EB albums I had are in the 95%. :(
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 13 Jun 2015, 16:28

Looking forward:

Warriors On The Road / Manuel - No doubt about it. A sure fire hit, period.
Heaven Sent / Ace - The chorus is beautiful but could be ruined with SCP's trademark edits.
Insomnia / David Dima - I don't actually hear another "Spirit Of The Night" but knowing how Dima is these days, it's a sure fire hit.
Girl In The Night / Dolly Pop - Awesome production from Malvicino again.
Way Across The Sky / Irene - I like Irene's powerful songs but again, I hope edits don't screw it up.
Firebird / Lou Master - It's Lou Master, what else is needed?

I hate to knock on my favourite label but Sun Fire's samples this round is mmrrgghhhnrgh. Dee Dee is pretty meh too.
Last edited by WNight on 13 Jun 2015, 16:32, edited 3 times in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 Jun 2015, 16:28

Pretty sure that Chai is Gianni Coraini! Most of the songs are pretty good sans Oceania and Dee Dee. Really don't like warped vocals.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 13 Jun 2015, 16:41

These previews could not impress me... Except Fire In The Night which I already have got as digital download.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 13 Jun 2015, 17:16

Bore wrote:What is Guardian Angels even.... I haven't enjoyed previous Oceania tracks a lot but this is just nnngghhh.
WNight wrote:I hate to knock on my favourite label but Sun Fire's samples this round is mmrrgghhhnrgh. Dee Dee is pretty meh too.
You see? That's what I'm talking about… BUT maybe they're still experimenting and finding a more fitting style or something. After all Sunfire is a kinda new label and they don't have Pasquini now. I loved Dee Dee's track even with that hi-pitched weird voice hahahahaha
para_rigby wrote:Pretty sure that Chai is Gianni Coraini! Most of the songs are pretty good sans Oceania and Dee Dee. Really don't like warped vocals.
It sure reminds of his voice buuuuuuut i don't think it's him :(
edit: or it is? the more I listen, the more i can hear his voice i'm cryin

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Jun 2015, 19:07

Listened to the samples on HMV (using cheap laptop speakers) and... HOLY SHIT. This volume KICKS ASS. This might be my new SEB 195!

The "worst" song for me was "Fire Wire" and it was still an OK track. Tells you how much of a good vibe this album got from me!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!