Defend It!!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Defend It!!

Post by para_rigby » 19 Jun 2015, 17:44

So I thought it would be interesting to get people's perspectives on their favorite studio. What makes the studio so awesome? What are they doing right? Production? lyrics?

What's your defense for your favorite studio? And yes, it can be a studio that's not active at this point.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 Jun 2015, 18:39

Easy enough : A-Beat-C/Sun Fire

They just "click" with my eurobeat preferences. I didn't like every single A-Beat-C track but they just have the highest "hit" rate for me. Sun Fire is a different animal though, their songs by "normal" standard would be considered vastly inferior to the more "powerful and balanced " A-Beat-C but so far, I have yet to hear a single Sun Fire track that has truly let me down, I guess I just have a weakness for their new sound and "exotic" sounding tunes. Some of their worst tracks isn't even all that low (Example : Into The Moon and the recent On My Way) and even some of their tracks which irk me at first can easily become one of my favourite in a single SEB album (Best example are Catching My Fire and the most recent Guardian Angels, which I initially lambasted for it's "crap" vocals but became one of my most played tracks on 234 right now and I haven't had enough yet). The legendary "Rodgers Touch" or as of now, should I say Rodgers/Futura touch maybe?

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 19 Jun 2015, 21:17

Hi-Nrg Attack

I can barely understand some of their lyrics but I'm completely fine with that. They're also so playful with their music you'll never know what kind of sound they'll come up with next. Heavy accent and silly samples are a must (and pretty much everything in my signature). Let's not forget their awesome album / vinyl covers. In short:

They're weird, they make weird music for weird people.

in addition to it, my formely favorite label was Vibration. And I'm very very fond of old labels such as Time (specially), A-Beat C and Delta, more recent one being Dima Music for obvious reasons.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 19 Jun 2015, 21:57

A-Beat-C

I guess it's that "Rodger's Touch". The tracks are wild, hyper, and have that disco-sounding magic to them. A-Beat-C tracks always had a harder driving bass line than Time Records. The melodies were so unique and full of life!

Sun Fire

Rodger's is still putting out tracks that have that 90s sound to them (with the hyper synth riffs). Futura adds some new magic to the sound with her chipmunky ideas. Dave & Futura are proving to be a great duo.

Hi-NRG Attack

Where would Eurobeat be if this label hadn't pushed the envelope? Creative and imaginative are the two best words that describe this label. Euphoric disco sounds, chipmunks, loud & hyper synth riffs, never afraid to try something new and not fit the mold. I equate this label to be the happy hardcore equivalent of Eurobeat.

SinclaireStyle

Hyper. Nothing better describes his mind. And not just hyper, but the melodies are so amazing (Bye Bye Love Night, Toy For Love, Pull The Trigger, Minimal Love...the list goes on!). The guy is also not afraid to not fit a mold. Alas, the guy actually puts some BASS in his tracks! I equate this label to be the UK Hardcore equivalent of Eurobeat.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Jun 2015, 05:07

For many years; as most of you already know and up until the TIME they closed the door,it was TIME. All the biggest names have gotten their start there, including my Eurobeat/Italo King, Gino Caria.
As destiny would have it my ;now favourite label, also got thier start there and produced some of the most celebrated classics of the 90s era.

Of course I'm speaking of HRG ATTACK

Over the years I also established some friendships with the main players; such as Federicco, and Festari. I also find that I truly enjoyed the ASIA productions Accantino was involved in the most.

There are a ton of reasons ehy HRG Attack are my favourites.

1. Huge rostre of Artist names.
They will never run out of Aiases for thier songs. Even when the label operates with just 3 or less. They can even ressuract some of my past favourits for surprise visits herr and there.

2. Ciao Ciao. This would probobly fit under Rostre names, but I believe the group name deserves special recognition, because it has been around since the start of Saifam/Asia label. and thier sound is always something very familiar sounding. Cindy would also be included and Chris, who doesn't perform under the name Chris on HRG attack anymore, but sings up a hell of a storm under the other aliases. :D

3. DOA. The famouse DOA HRG sound of the 80s is present in almost every male or female agressive song. many TIMEs the melody is identical like many Franz Tornado hits, Ella Pepper ect..

4. New Talent. Evey so often. Not too seldom, but just when one least expects it; The label chages things up a bit. Weather it be an Italo rebirth sound, New artist names, or even new writing talent, they always seem to come up with something fresh and exciting.

5. the singers. This is probobly my favouirite aspect. having one of the most intriguing rostres of artists in the past. The label has mesmorazed me with names such as Corraini, Magnani, Festari, Gabrielle, Rimonti and all therer female singers; whome I may not remember by name, but sure do by song.

The songs. If I wee to do a top 100 Eurobeat songs of all TIME; a good 35% or more would occupy that list Classics from all sides of Eurobeat era. "Master Mind" , Mad Cow, Hey Hey Dark In My Heart, I'm Your Gangster, Super Knife, Lady Speed Racer, and of course the still undisputed champion; "Beautiful" by Joe D. Toaste; which was also the first TIME ,Nick Festari took the Eurobeat mic into his hands..

They have also been around for the long run and have one of the most excting and longest catalogs ever in Eurobeat.

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 20 Jun 2015, 10:37

Saifam / Boom Boom Beat / Asia

Oh yes, Saifam. They have been around since the early That's Eurobeat era (with Hot Love / Jenny Kee as their debut track to this series). They have unique mixing in their tracks, which makes them different from each other. 90's Boom Boom Beat tracks (especially 1992-1993 Asia tracks) have the obvious analog bassline that blends in with them, which makes them resemble to Italo Disco in some ways...
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

JingleJungleBoy
Eurobeat Boom

Post by JingleJungleBoy » 20 Jun 2015, 10:49

milachan wrote:Hi-Nrg Attack

I can barely understand some of their lyrics but I'm completely fine with that. They're also so playful with their music you'll never know what kind of sound they'll come up with next. Heavy accent and silly samples are a must (and pretty much everything in my signature). Let's not forget their awesome album / vinyl covers. In short:

They're weird, they make weird music for weird people.
drnrg wrote:For many years; as most of you already know and up until the TIME they closed the door,it was TIME. All the biggest names have gotten their start there, including my Eurobeat/Italo King, Gino Caria.
As destiny would have it my ;now favourite label, also got thier start there and produced some of the most celebrated classics of the 90s era.

Of course I'm speaking of HRG ATTACK

Over the years I also established some friendships with the main players; such as Federicco, and Festari. I also find that I truly enjoyed the ASIA productions Accantino was involved in the most.

There are a ton of reasons ehy HRG Attack are my favourites.

1. Huge rostre of Artist names.
They will never run out of Aiases for thier songs. Even when the label operates with just 3 or less. They can even ressuract some of my past favourits for surprise visits herr and there.

2. Ciao Ciao. This would probobly fit under Rostre names, but I believe the group name deserves special recognition, because it has been around since the start of Saifam/Asia label. and thier sound is always something very familiar sounding. Cindy would also be included and Chris, who doesn't perform under the name Chris on HRG attack anymore, but sings up a hell of a storm under the other aliases. :D

3. DOA. The famouse DOA HRG sound of the 80s is present in almost every male or female agressive song. many TIMEs the melody is identical like many Franz Tornado hits, Ella Pepper ect..

4. New Talent. Evey so often. Not too seldom, but just when one least expects it; The label chages things up a bit. Weather it be an Italo rebirth sound, New artist names, or even new writing talent, they always seem to come up with something fresh and exciting.

5. the singers. This is probobly my favouirite aspect. having one of the most intriguing rostres of artists in the past. The label has mesmorazed me with names such as Corraini, Magnani, Festari, Gabrielle, Rimonti and all therer female singers; whome I may not remember by name, but sure do by song.

The songs. If I wee to do a top 100 Eurobeat songs of all TIME; a good 35% or more would occupy that list Classics from all sides of Eurobeat era. "Master Mind" , Mad Cow, Hey Hey Dark In My Heart, I'm Your Gangster, Super Knife, Lady Speed Racer, and of course the still undisputed champion; "Beautiful" by Joe D. Toaste; which was also the first TIME ,Nick Festari took the Eurobeat mic into his hands..

They have also been around for the long run and have one of the most excting and longest catalogs ever in Eurobeat.
Last edited by JingleJungleBoy on 20 Jun 2015, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 20 Jun 2015, 11:38

I should quote drnrg hahahahahaha he just explained in depth some of my feelings :D

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 20 Jun 2015, 16:30

I was silently waiting for big HRG Attack post from drnrg :P

I pick up my sword for Sinclaire Style. Bratt has the experience and the balls to tap into his classic roots and then change it up to still create something unique.

Remember the intro to Loving Eurobeat? "A classic, but at the same time progressive." That's Sinclaire Style right there.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 20 Jun 2015, 18:13

A.Beat-C. had 4 studios, but Dave Rodgers worked in his entire career in 7 studios.

My arguments in favor of A.Beat-C.:

1. G. Pasquini and A. Gatti were marriage, A. Contini and F. Contini were siblings. It has a good effect, when close themselves people create the music.

2. 80s was the best ever age in whole music as say some people. It had good influence, if the most known Eurobeat part was initiated by Dave Rodgers, the guy, who firstly played and sang as teenager in the basement and quickly became famous in the mid of 80s.

3. Fabrizio Rizzolo, Gino Caria, Sandro Oliva should be associated with Brian Ice and Ken Laszlo. Next producers in A.Beat-C., which made popular Italo Disco music until nowadays, already in 80s.

4. Before A.Beat-C. founding or when the label has already founded, another unknown better Eurobeat artists in those times, started beside Giancarlo Pasquini or in the same projects

5. Jennifer Batten or Kiko Loureiro are the examples, how awesome possibilities had Dave Rodgers to get to the headlamp of many genres artists.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Jun 2015, 05:19

Crockett wrote:A.Beat-C. had 4 studios, but Dave Rodgers worked in his entire career in 7 studios.

My arguments in favor of A.Beat-C.:

1. G. Pasquini and A. Gatti were marriage, A. Contini and F. Contini were siblings. It has a good effect, when close themselves people create the music.

2. 80s was the best ever age in whole music as say some people. It had good influence, if the most known Eurobeat part was initiated by Dave Rodgers, the guy, who firstly played and sang as teenager in the basement and quickly became famous in the mid of 80s.

3. Fabrizio Rizzolo, Gino Caria, Sandro Oliva should be associated with Brian Ice and Ken Laszlo. Next producers in A.Beat-C., which made popular Italo Disco music until nowadays, already in 80s.

4. Before A.Beat-C. founding or when the label has already founded, another unknown better Eurobeat artists in those times, started beside Giancarlo Pasquini or in the same projects

5. Jennifer Batten or Kiko Loureiro are the examples, how awesome possibilities had Dave Rodgers to get to the headlamp of many genres artists.
Don't forget he also does a cool falsetto for James Cooler and created some amazing songs for Flea records too.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 21 Jun 2015, 12:02

drnrg wrote:Don't forget he also does a cool falsetto for James Cooler and created some amazing songs for Flea records too.
Of course, I remember, but Super Eurobeat covered for almost people everything produced before or parallel.

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 24 Jun 2015, 04:52

I'd have to say SAIFAM. As far as Eurobeat goes, I love the amount of energy that their productions have. They're typically really upbeat and highly melodic/catchy. When Eurobeat is already hella catchy, I think that's saying something.

Back in 2007/08 I would have said Hi-NRG Attack. Mainly for the same reasons, only thing SAIFAM has over them is the lyrics are a bit more sensible and they don't do the weird shit that HRG does with the vocals (not that that's exactly a bad thing, just not something I wanna hear ALL the time)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jun 2015, 05:44

Gruzky wrote:I'd have to say SAIFAM. As far as Eurobeat goes, I love the amount of energy that their productions have. They're typically really upbeat and highly melodic/catchy. When Eurobeat is already hella catchy, I think that's saying something.

Back in 2007/08 I would have said Hi-NRG Attack. Mainly for the same reasons, only thing SAIFAM has over them is the lyrics are a bit more sensible and they don't do the weird shit that HRG does with the vocals (not that that's exactly a bad thing, just not something I wanna hear ALL the time)
What's the thing that HRG Attack does with the vocals you are reffering to? If anything I remember having to normalize the vocals to Mela's "Just A Love Story" to make them sound human. HRG Attack ;as of lately, have been using normal; vocal tones for both their male and female songs. Or are you talking about something else?

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 24 Jun 2015, 06:07

drnrg wrote:What's the thing that HRG Attack does with the vocals you are reffering to? If anything I remember having to normalize the vocals to Mela's "Just A Love Story" to make them sound human. HRG Attack ;as of lately, have been using normal; vocal tones for both their male and female songs. Or are you talking about something else?
Yeah, lately the vocals have been normal. But stuff like Ely Kotero - Sheik Yerbati Moves / Garcon - Super Kaiser / Martina Dry - Get A Boom / Jeff Driller - Super Guts. The vocals then were really muddled / slurred and some of it was abnormally high-pitched. Like I said, I'm not hating on this at all, I rate all those songs really highly and I actually like the vocals. Just not something I would want to be universal about Eurobeat.

Also, alot of the vocalist's accent's from HRG are particularly thick. Are they from a different part of Italy than most other labels? Gordon Jim - I Wanna Run Away is a good example.