EB song use/copyright license??

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 09 Aug 2016, 05:09

Last edited by xiao on 31 Dec 2017, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 09 Aug 2016, 10:06

xiao wrote:
DarkSky wrote:Let me explain it as easy as I can to all of you: Avex is just a licensor of Eurobeat music.
Thank you for the information DarkSky. ^^

That still doesn't explain why every time I email Stefano, Contini, or Dima... they never say anything or just respond with →
Typical Euro/Techno Producer wrote:"OH AVEX OWNS WLTP SONGS LOLOL!! WE CAN'T RELEASE EXTENDED WAV'S ON BANDCAMP LOL!!!??!"

*cough* Stefano *cough*

"OH BTW WHAT'S A BANDCAMP?? DUDEEE? IT'SNOT LIEK WE HAVE ONE WHERE
HUMANS WOULD BUY ARRIVA LO SQUALO EXTEN'D OR MR FANG EXTENDEDz
IN WAV/FLAC WHY!? AVEX OWNS EVERYTHING LELEL!!??" *cough*cough*aherm*
Where the hell's VICIOUS ANGEL on Bandcamp Stefano??*cough*cough*cough*
Yeah I don't think they even know what a Bandcamp is? Or the fact they have one with a single song that's not Lo Squalo...
or that it's just re-hashed SCP re-mixes we already got in SEB. (cf. boring sales tactic)

Thanks for forgetting about your most memorable songs, Euro/Techno producers. Also does Sinclaire even know that Bandcamp exists? Juno, iTunes, VibeDeck, Amazon, mu-mo...
It's all junk compared to Bandcamp, where YOU the producer can upload a wav or a flac... or hell why don't you upload your entire Logic/Cubase project & sell it to people?
No we wouldn't want that! Then we would take a significant loss in blah blah blah legal/financial mumbo-jumbo. Should've been a lawyer/banker & not a musician, right?

If the producers really owned the rights to all their songs, they'd just release everything they've ever made on Bandcamp.
Just like why Travis refuses to upload his outsourced Eurobeat material like TEB on his own Bandcamp.
(who cares about A-One/Avex? I like YOU ie. The Producer, not a faceless record label)
Is everybody still Running in the Stone Age? Image
This my friend, is the music industry.

It works like this:

Italian Label: Hey uhh Avex, we gotta come to an agreement for 2017
Avex: Yeah let's negotiate, we want the right for releasing your songs in the Asia
Italian Label: Okay let's agree for each song you license you pay a fixed price of: * euro. Your license is valid for a period of one year after each song is signed.
Avex: That's a deal, but that price is quite high man, and if you would be allowed to sell the music too you'd be a competitor of us and taking away our sales. We only want to do it when we have the exclusive right for releasing your songs in Asia.
Italian Label: Well okay. The fixed prices give me lots of financial security so let's do it this way.

Few weeks later:
Italian Label: Hey uhh Avex, I finished this song
Avex: Upload it to our FTP server
Italian Label: Done
Avex: Sounds pretty wicked, okay we want to license this dude
Italian Label: Okay, I will send you the instrumentals, acapella and extended version
Avex: Thanks, *pays the Italian label according to the licensing areement*
Avex: *Releases song on Super Eurobeat* (and has the right to do so for a year, or whatever is negotiated)

Random EBP dude: Hey you label, why u dont release ur fcking music on Bandcamp man. You own the rights, u made it
Italian Label: Oh, Avex owns these songs
Random EBP dude: WTF?!??
Italian Label: Yes.
Random EBP dude: But then why are ur songs on iTunes then?
Italian Label: Only on Western iTunes, not in Asian stores
Random EBP dude: WFFU UGHHHH
Random EBP dude: But why not uploading it on Bandcamp then?
Italian Label: Cause Avex owns the rights
Random EBP dude: WHAT THE F?

DarkSky: Yes fellow Eurobeat fans, Bandcamp does not offer labels to upload their music and restrict sales on Bandcamp by geographic region. If they would do it anyways they could in huge trouble as they would be breaking their contracts with Avex. Labels are not allowed to publish music in certain parts of the world when the songs are licensed by another party based on an exclusive license.

Random EBP dude:
But then why some Eurobeat music IS available worldwide?

DarkSky: This has to do with expired licenses, or when Avex rejected a song -which means they didn't license it- and the full rights belong to the label in Italy.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 09 Aug 2016, 11:01

🪐

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 09 Aug 2016, 13:24

xiao wrote:That still doesn't explain why every time I email Stefano, Contini, or Dima... they never say anything
Hmmm... Do you have a wish, a dream, to release something with them? I'm not up to date?

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 09 Aug 2016, 17:44

🪐

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 09 Aug 2016, 17:53

xiao wrote:
Crockett wrote:Hmmm... Do you have a wish, a dream, to release something with them? I'm not up to date?
Basically I wanna put my money where my mouth is. I want to commission original HyperTechno songs from Bratt for digital release; just gotta work out the money issues. I've been told he charges approx 1,000 USD per song ~ that means a 15-track Bandcamp album of original HT tracks would cost ~ 15-thousand USD. So I need to work out the method I'll pay Sinclaire, SRL.

I want Stefano to release extended, instrumentals, acapellas, and lyrics of all their WLPT catalogue especially Ennio's songs. I want Contini to do the same with all the DJ Zorro songs he ever executively-produced with Pasquini & Marin, and I want Dima to do the same with with just 2 songs: Lo Squalo and OSU! Euroman. Dima and Stefano have Bandcamps, Contini - Dave - & Marin don't ... not only that, but they don't have the legal rights to sell those songs cause Avex still holds the exclusive rights to them, as DarkSky mentioned. So it'll probably be easier to contact SinclaireStyle and work out a deal...

It's a lot of money; so for that I'd want to fly over to Mantua and set up an appointment with Sinclaire, SRL. I'd hate to pay someone half the price of a car over the internet without actually ever meeting the person... so I just gotta work out the financial side of commissioning new music... but yeah, essentially: my goal's to executively-produce original Hyper Techno with Sinclaire and perhaps new eurobeat with Nick Hemler aka Shin, creator of Eurobeat Forever. Just gotta work out the money side of things.
If you have the money, yes. You could get in touch with the labels and offer them to license their tracks for a certain amount of money to publish them. And yup, you can demand exclusive right for them so the label won't also offer it to Avex. And yeah, you will be able to sell the songs and make profit from them. (But I doubt you will cause revenue from internet sales are pure shit, be prepared for that.)

Beside this whole legal thing Xiao, there is also a "personal" side to why some songs will never see the daylight. Broken computers, old computers stored somewhere, crashed HDDs, computers that were thrown away. I can tell you for a fact that many productions are inaccessible due to these reasons. Sometimes it is just not possible anymore for extendeds, acapellas and instrumentals to see the daylight, just because it's really not possible anymore. No one has the song any longer. Poofff, gone! Forever.