Norma Sheffield

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 26 Dec 2005, 08:16

oresama-chan wrote:Er...Does anyone know her real name? :cry:

I've been believing her real name is Francesca Contini like most of you guys, but I found ronald's post on some Italo-disco site, saying as far as he knows she's NOT Francesca Contini (the sister of Alberto Contini, owner of the AbeatC label) after his two visits to Rodger's studio. I guess he must have seen the real Francesca Contini there, therefore he could deny the common perception about Norma Sheffield. So...who the heck is Norma Sheffield? :lol:
I'll never met her Oresama-chan, I'm sorry.
She's from Mantova and I'll her voice for the first time on a track produced by Robyx (Savage) called 'CIAO' under the name Paula Evans (on Disco Energy, as I can recall).
Have to go, It's X-mas time ..............

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 26 Dec 2005, 10:18

Thanks for your response, ronald.

Ok, you've never met Francesca Contini. Just a question. Then, how could you know she isn't Norma Sheffield?

Do you think the girl on the vinyl sleeve of "SWEET HEAVEN" (ABEAT 1155) is Norma herself, or just a model? She (the girl on the sleeve pic) came to Japan in 1993 to perform live and had an interview with Beatfreak magazine, and so we Japanese eurolistners have been thinking that girl is Norma.
ronald wrote: I'll her voice for the first time on a track produced by Robyx (Savage) called 'CIAO' under the name Paula Evans (on Disco Energy, as I can recall).
So did I. :)
ImageImageImage

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 26 Dec 2005, 21:22

At that time I received info which gave me the idea that Francesca wasn't Norma Sheffield. I'm not 100 % certain about it. Providing the questions to get that 100 % quarentee isen't that easy sometimes .......
See it as this excample: a famous female voice of ABEATC did leave and went to another label which gave this English lady the stardom accross Europe for her 'summer sound' for a certain period. Ofcourse under another artist name!!!!
During my second visit to the Rodgers Studio I was so lucky (beside being withness of a mixsection to finish LISTEN TO ME by Norma Sheffield), to have diner with this above mentioned lady. The subject about her career move and another identity never came up that evening. Certain things have to stay as it is. So certain Eurobeat secrets stay the way they are, only the future will let us perhaps know how the truth was.
I hope you understand this politic answer cause I cannot ask directly to the person who knows the answer which lady is behind it. Sorry .....

Ronald.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 27 Dec 2005, 06:55

ronald wrote:At that time I received info which gave me the idea that Francesca wasn't Norma Sheffield.
Well I see.
ronald wrote: a famous female voice of ABEATC did leave and went to another label which gave this English lady the stardom accross Europe for her 'summer sound' for a certain period. Ofcourse under another artist name!!!! During my second visit to the Rodgers Studio I was so lucky (beside being withness of a mixsection to finish LISTEN TO ME by Norma Sheffield), to have diner with this above mentioned lady.
OMG! So that was Annerley Gordon you were refering to in another thread!?
I've been under a misconception that you were refering to Alessandra Mirka Gatti when you said "old famous voice of A-Beat C" or something like that...um...Annerley is still living in Mantova. I'm just curious about the coincidence between her birthplace (Sheffield, UK) and the last name of Norma Sheffield. :twisted:
ImageImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Dec 2005, 10:56

8) Norms is actually my favorite female singer at AbeatC. Does she also do Valentina. My Top 5 Norms Sheffield songs.
1. Loney Night
2. I Like U So Much
3. Your Love Is Lightning
4. Ladies
5. Maybe Tonight
If she is also Valentina then My absolute favorite has to be "Broken Illusion"

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 27 Dec 2005, 11:08

oresama-chan wrote: OMG! So that was Annerley Gordon you were refering to in another thread!?:
Her appearance that evening was also for us (Marcello & I) a total surprise.
oresama-chan wrote:I've been under a misconception that you were refering to Alessandra Mirka Gatti.
Mirka was due to the 'we all know' reason totally out of the picture. The only thing I saw during my weekend stay was lots of tapes with recordings of her, all in stock. And we received some info that perhaps in the future she would start her own recordings for ABEATC in another studio. Well you know what the latests info is so ..........
oresama-chan wrote:Annerley is still living in Mantova.
I did not get the idea that she was coming out of Mantova. Beside the music she runs a restaurant with her boyfriend.
oresama-chan wrote:I'm just curious about the coincidence between her birthplace (Sheffield, UK) and the last name of Norma Sheffield.
Time will tell ..... :wink:

Adios,

Ronald.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 28 Dec 2005, 01:57

I may die before then. :lol:
ImageImageImage

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 28 Dec 2005, 14:03

I love her song "Maybe Tonite". I just love it. :P

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Dec 2005, 22:08

The only Norma Sheffield song I really love is Love Collision from SEB 161 - the intro is sooo cool the way it gradually builds and builds to the gorgeous synth hook and a really catchy vocal melody. Her other songs are okay, but they never seem to leave much impression on me.
ronald wrote:I'll her voice for the first time on a track produced by Robyx (Savage) called 'CIAO' under the name Paula Evans
I just have to add that Robyx was one of the best Eurodance producers ever! Two of my alltime favourites Euro tracks - Me & You by Alexia and Bom Digi Bom (Think About The Way) by Ice MC - were produced by him. His tracks hold so many happy memories for me!! :D

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 29 Dec 2005, 10:34

I'm not sure what it is about Norma Sheffield that seems to work so well for Eurobeat, but it does. It's always nice to have a softer style in the middle of a lot of brash hyper eurobeat. But most of all she has a voice which has such a warm depth to it that it makes her harmonies sound rich and choral.

If I had to pick my favourite ever song by her it would have to be "Maybe Tonite", not because my selection of her music is limited (I have 38 songs by her so far), but because it really is one of the most fun songs to listen to (it has a fantastic chorus melody in the way she sings the same note sequence through the different chords).

But other favourites I would nominate:

* Be Alive
* Feel Like Dreamin'
* I Will Remember
* If You Wanna Stay
* In My Dreams
* Love Collision
* Suddenly You
* Sweet Heaven
* You Know My Way

So that's 10 songs I think! It's not unusual for me to just select Norma Sheffield on my iPod and just listen to all of her songs solo while I'm at work or something - I enjoy her music that much!

M;.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 29 Dec 2005, 13:55

the_ditz wrote:The only Norma Sheffield song I really love is Love Collision from SEB 161 - the intro is sooo cool the way it gradually builds and builds to the gorgeous synth hook and a really catchy vocal melody.
Yeah, I concur. Love Collision is pretty great stuff. One thing's for certain about Norma as an artist, she's certainly different.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Victor
Euro To B

Post by Victor » 29 Dec 2005, 21:46

According to the Rodgers Music website Norma was their first artist.

I think "Your body lies" was the song.

Sweat Heaven by Norma Sheffield is a top quality Eurobeat album.

Tracks like "Techniques of Love" and "Touch Me Touch Me "are great.

Her voice is weak but the songs are good quality and make a change. :twisted:

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 01 Jan 2006, 22:33

Wow! Lunch with Annerley? That is awesome! How long ago was that? I bet she is a lovely and fun person.

She seems to have stopped contributing her voice to Offlimits Production in Italy... Ann Lee and Whigfield seem to be over. Well I wish her a lot of luck with her restaurant and any other future projects!

I've been to Italy twice. Next time I have to try to meet up with some of these people! :-)
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 05 Jan 2006, 11:53

Just for informations for Annerley worshippers.

Annerley seems to be come back to the Eurobeat scene.
Today's avex staff voice is saying some artist who retired from Eurobeat business about 10 years ago has rejoined.
ImageImageImage

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 05 Jan 2006, 14:12

hmmm that could be why On My Own was redone >_>