Carlsbeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Aug 2018, 21:28

I did not want to talk about the song coz I did not want anybody's feeling.
The first time I heard the small clip, I was with a friend. And the minute I heard I almost started laughing and my first thought was "amateur-ish".
After listening more, my opinion didn't change much. It feels like there's no riff. I didn't like the vocals. It really sounds like somebody starting out.
We all start somewhere. When I started making "mixes" in 2001-2002 in Cool Edit Pro (at the time), it was just a copy paste job, often with the beginning of each song. Today, even using old software (Adobe Audition 1.5), I can do full fledged, DJ-like mixes. Check out the "Best 20/25 Of Super Eurobeat" on YouTube and Mixcloud. You have much improvement to do.

EDIT: And oh please, don't overuse the compressor. I don't want to hear brickwalls that rape my ears like 95% of music right now.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 18 Aug 2018, 00:11

para_rigby wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 21:27Good you want to keep learning! I hope my critique didn’t come off as mean!! Do y’all talk to any of the Italian labels about technical details? I feel Bratt or Nick would be the most open to offer advice.
Not at all, it's good to have constructive criticism like this as it will certainly help us to continue striving to improve upon the production techniques that we use. Lebon was correct when he said we are starting out. This is only Carlsbeat's first release, so we are taking the long-term view of things and that our sound will continue to evolve and we hope that you come along with us for the ride and will be happy with where we end up! We never expected Beyond My Heart to be to everyone's taste, and the songs we have in the works will sound very different so we are not a one-song label - I guess we'll just take time to hone our craft ;)

We know that we cannot be everyone's cup of tea - what Eurobeat label could ever claim that they had a perfect sweep of fans with every song they released - but what we can say is that all feedback is appreciated and rest assured that we want to produce the best songs that we possibly can to help keep the Eurobeat movement alive and perhaps even encourage some new fans into the community eventually. Thank you again for all of the support so far, and we'll also be working on some Beyond My Heart remixes further down the line that might just give you a different spin on the track!

Here's to the future - looking forward to sharing it with you all.

Thanks,
Gary & Jacqueline <3

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Sep 2018, 08:45

Hey everybody, since it's been a month since "Beyond My Heart" came out, I wanted to give you an update.

First off, I have to acknowledge that "Beyond My Heart" has not sold or streamed much at all, but that's okay. Considering I only picked up music production again a few months ago, my skills were clearly not mature enough to match the magnificence that we've been getting from other labels in recent times. Though I tried, that song was very much a first attempt, a trial run to accustom me to the do's and do-not's of making electronic music. I gave it a worldwide release on music shops and streaming services because in the midst of such a critical turning point for eurobeat, ambitious initiation seemed important, not to mention I was excited to finally be embarking on a dream hobby that I've had for so long but never had the self confidence to take heed of in the past.

Second, I want to thank everybody who listened to "Beyond My Heart" and gave their two cents. I'd far rather receive unfavorable reviews from people who gave the song a fair chance than nothing at all. I've carefully considered all of the feedback I got for "Beyond My Heart" in this thread, and it raises plenty of great points that I have since processed to try and improve the sound for Carlsbeat's future releases. In hindsight, yes, there is not much of a kick, the synth riff could be far thicker, the vocals aren't mixed quite clearly, and the overall production could use some extra depth to fully stand out, even if it's attempting to emulate '90s eurobeat. As Gary noted, he and I are planning on remixing the song (one will be his, another two will be mine), and they will hopefully bring far more out of the tune itself than the original release could muster.

While it's still going to take a bit of time before Carlsbeat announces its next official release, I wanted to emphasize that we have been very productive over the past few weeks, but it's just going to take a consorted effort to perfect our sound to a more professional level. I've already learned a tremendous amount more about mixing and producing since "Beyond My Heart" was released a month ago, but I want to be as confident as possible about refining my abilities before putting out another full release to stream and purchase. Right now, we have several songs in the works all at once, which is another reason we're taking our time, but we imagine that at least two or three new ones will come out not long after the remixes for "Beyond My Heart" are finished.

In the meantime, thanks again to everybody who has supported Carlsbeat, even in its early stages! Gary and I both hope we can bring as much positivity to the eurobeat world as possible, even if it means overcoming challenges and learning from our mistakes. :)
ImageImage

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 05 Sep 2018, 20:47

I'm so proud of you two, it's not easy to start a label from the ground up, but you pull through because you're serious about music... and I admire that a lot!

Music, and particularly Eurobeat, has a magical quality that when we put all the ingredients together ~ make people smile and feel emotions akin to soaring on eagles' wings.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but I admire the courage of Carlsbeat, it needs to be said because even artists need encouragement!

I'm always excited to hear new music ~ even if it's not perfect, no tune ever is, someone out there will like something about your song... the melody, the lyrics, the vocals, the beat, etc. Something will connect, and your hard work will convey unto the listener, I like Beyond My Heart!

I have faith in you two, three, four, five, however many artists you work with & bring on the label... I believe in Carlsbeat. Keep looking ahead like Mauro said ~ keep on music! ✨
🪐

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Sep 2018, 23:16

xiao wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 20:47 I'm so proud of you two, it's not easy to start a label from the ground up, but you pull through because you're serious about music... and I admire that a lot!

Music, and particularly Eurobeat, has a magical quality that when we put all the ingredients together ~ make people smile and feel emotions akin to soaring on eagles' wings.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but I admire the courage of Carlsbeat, it needs to be said because even artists need encouragement!

I'm always excited to hear new music ~ even if it's not perfect, no tune ever is, someone out there will like something about your song... the melody, the lyrics, the vocals, the beat, etc. Something will connect, and your hard work will convey unto the listener, I like Beyond My Heart!

I have faith in you two, three, four, five, however many artists you work with & bring on the label... I believe in Carlsbeat. Keep looking ahead like Mauro said ~ keep on music! ✨
Thank you so, so much! Your loving encouragement is always extremely appreciated! <3
Last edited by #Infinity on 11 Sep 2018, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 06 Sep 2018, 03:28

Did yall ever put the track on Junodownload?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Sep 2018, 14:12

Bonkers wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 03:28 Did yall ever put the track on Junodownload?
I’ve filled out the form to register Carlsbeat with the site, but we haven’t gotten an email yet giving us further instructions as promised. Not sure if it’s a management issue or if we still need a little more to show before they put us up, but I’m likely going to contact the site and ask what the holdup is.

In the meantime, if you want an HQ version of “Beyond My Heart”, you can always get it at Bandcamp.
ImageImage