So what's next?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

So what's next?

Post by Bonkers » 28 Oct 2018, 19:04

Now that SEB has finished it's main series run, what do you think will happen now?

We've already seen that a new InitialD album is coming out with *New Tracks*, so I wonder if we'll see little side albums pop up here and there throughout the year, more than likely non-stop format of past songs repackaged, kinda like how that 70 min / 70 songs album was.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Re: So what's next?

Post by Rain197 » 28 Oct 2018, 20:09

I hope that Avex will continues to release "SUPER EUROBEAT presents". I really like when it's themed, but it would be cool if it's a non-stop. I was happy when they released "HALLOWEEM PARTY 2018" but when you own 3 out of 4 tracks... so it's better when it's a non-stop.
I hope to see one for Christmas, it's been 8 years we haven't got one.

About Super Eurobeat main series, I've a friend in Japan which was at Maharaja Roppongi days ago and he encounters DJ BOSS that day, he told me that :
"I met DJ BOSS the other day.
He surely told me "Avex definitely releases SUPER EUROBEAT once a year"😉"".

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 28 Oct 2018, 22:46

Occasional non-stops with new tracks would be cool. I'm pretty hyped for the new Initial D album. I'm just hoping that the new tracks are actually Eurobeat and not J-Euro or anything else.

Also, re: SEB itself. From what I've gathered reading the forum and talking to people, it will be a new series under a new name? I'm still unsure, because everyone is saying that Super Eurobeat will be continuing. But if it's under a new name, then it's not really Super Eurobeat, is it?

Anyway, what I really wish would happen is a new annual series with a non-stop mix consisting of new tracks. Then, to coincide with that, the tracks should be released in extended format on digital platforms, world-wide of course.

Also, Avex should really get someone to be an English speaking ambassador. Either make a Twitter or Facebook page and keep the audience informed.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Oct 2018, 00:14

I don't want non-stops PERIOD. Then, it's a drag to get the extended versions. Look, we're 10 years past the 197-199 trio and a lot of songs from there are still exclusive to these mixes and never got out in Extended unless you went the hard way and got them from the extended 197-199 releases Avex had for a few years (locked to Japan of course). I'd much prefer a once-a-year 2-discs extended release than 1-disc of "AAAAAAAAAH I LOVE THIS SONG BUT IT'S ONLY 90s BUT IT STARTS IN THE PREVIOUS SONG AND HAS THIS SONG I DODN'T CARE ABOUT IN IT" (referencing how Avex has been splitting tracks recently).

It's once a damn year. Can we get a compromise or something? I hate new songs mixes with a passion.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 29 Oct 2018, 01:05

If it's just going to be non-stops and anniversary mixes, then it's dead. Frankly, it's been "dead" since December last year, because that's the last time there were new tracks. Non-stops suck; literally, YouTube channels are better at making the mixes that fans actually want to hear than Avex is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Oct 2018, 01:45

eXtaticus wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 01:05 If it's just going to be non-stops and anniversary mixes, then it's dead. Frankly, it's been "dead" since December last year, because that's the last time there were new tracks. Non-stops suck; literally, YouTube channels are better at making the mixes that fans actually want to hear than Avex is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for the indirect compliment. :P
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 31 Oct 2018, 03:13

I'm so over Avex Trax releasing our Eurobeat. I would rather get it straight from the label or another distributor. I think SEB ending will be a blessing in disguise for the genre.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 23 Feb 2019, 21:49

The genre is effectively dead. There are very few productions planned in 2019 compared to earlier years. Most of the new stuff coming out this year is not really that great either. I don't foresee a lot of good happening.

The Japanese market was never good for Eurobeat anyway. Very few Japanese people actually want to listen to very fast, English, dance music. I hope people can market it elsewhere.