Lordi owned ESC

Music that is not eurobeat!
WEKS
Bad Bad Bad

Lordi owned ESC

Post by WEKS » 20 May 2006, 23:41

Until tonight Finlands best position in it's 40(!) years of competing was a 6th place from 1973.

Now we won on our 40th ESC anniversery, an all-time points record in the history of Eurovision, when we decide to do something, we do it properly.

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

Here are some other of Lordis "greatest hits"

"Would you love a monster man?"

"Blood Red Sandman"

"Devil is a Loser"

Wow, thats really a far cry from Eurobeat :P
Last edited by WEKS on 21 May 2006, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

Ebisumaru
Eurocurious

Post by Ebisumaru » 20 May 2006, 23:50

I don't even like hard rock, and I was cheering for this to win.

The real winner should have been Iceland though. Belgium and Germany got robbed too.

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 21 May 2006, 00:15

Cheers (Kippis!), grats and all that to Finland, and Lordi especially!!
Finland and Iceland did indeed stand out - Iceland just screwed the whole eurovision genre, and Finland...well rocked! It's so relieving to see something so far apart from the usual mainstream pop songs that are all so much alike, we can't tell them apart in the end (time to lose the Logan look, Ireland!), so kudos to Finland for daring to break away.

It was rumored though, that Lordi would reveal their true identity if they won...but has yet to be known :\
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 May 2006, 01:01

For the first time about ever during eurovision song contest history I wasn't ashamed for our entry! And well for the first time I can also be proud for the actual victory~

Pretty awesome contest otherwise as well. Romania was my personal favorite after our own track of course. Norway and Denmark did pretty nicely too.

Romania still would've deserved an even higher spot :)

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 21 May 2006, 01:55

Bore wrote:Romania was my personal favorite after our own track of course. Norway and Denmark did pretty nicely too.

Romania still would've deserved an even higher spot :)
Romania had a very nice entry as well yeah, would've thought it'd be 2nd or so at least. As for Denmark and Norway, their songs pretty much just blended into the background - as it is, it's not the horrible songs that lose, it's the mainstream songs that people forget to vote for because they're not....unique enough to be noticed or remembered. (and also, the voting system kind'a sucks - should be like a personal top 3 you could vote for)

That's my two cents as least :)
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

WEKS
Bad Bad Bad

Post by WEKS » 21 May 2006, 08:32

I thought this years ESC was pretty black and white, we had the good songs and we had the bad songs, very few in between.