Super Eurobeat 194

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Feb 2009, 21:16

Umm.. yeah... samples were up a few hours ago...

Angie Sweet and Hely are both TIME or Eurogrooves. Hely and Angie Sweet are Elena Ferreti.
No SinclaireStyle this time :(

Norma Sheffield sample is one of my favorites and, of course, Fever of Love, which will probably be the hit of this album, is another too. Oh! The Mike West song is pretty good also. I was shocked at how well done the sabi was made.

I don't like how they changed Fantasy, but it seems like a really minor change based on the samples and in my mind, I would rather listen to the original.

The rest of the songs I'm pretty iffy about. This is sure to be a very aishu album :P

4 Eurogrooves........

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 02 Feb 2009, 21:26

Care to actually share a link rather than just declaring that "samples were up a few hours ago" and keeping them all to yourself?

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 Feb 2009, 21:28

Maybe it'd help to pinpoint where the samples are. I've looked on iTunes JP, mu-mo and avexnet yet I can't find them.

And if there's no SinclaireStyle, I doubt I'll be the only one saying this but thank god.

Edit: DJ Mike beat me, heh.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Feb 2009, 21:39

Ummm, yeah - samples?? Where exactly??

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Feb 2009, 21:44

Tiger wrote:No SinclaireStyle this time :(
Javy will sue...
Tiger wrote:4 Eurogrooves........
2 Time, 2 Eurogrooves is more like it, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mike West and Kasanova tracks are older songs from the Time catalogue that were never released, as so far the new label has only used its own artist names and not old ones.

An album with no Saifam, no Leonardi, no Dima, and no new GGM (and I don't even like Call Me) all in one sounds like quite a flop for me. I hope the samples are better than I expect, as this time I'm truly anticipating that this will be one of the weaker newer releases.
ImageImage

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Feb 2009, 22:25

It's not like it's hard to find out where the samples are =/

All you do is go to the SEB193 page and see what they're using as the catalog numbers, and change the 3 to 4!

http://cnt01.labelgate.com/morawin/top/ ... 194-02.asx

I'm watching out for people who want to miscredit findings(sources) hint hint to someone

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 02 Feb 2009, 22:34

Give it all up to me♪ yay. The Norma song sounded strangely good.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 02 Feb 2009, 22:40

You know it's a messed up album when Norma Sheffield is one of the most upbeat (non-HRG) songs.

Not really my cup of eurobeat, but with the slower songs you really do need the full song to get the impact.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Feb 2009, 22:40

Brisk wrote:Give it all up to me♪ yay. The Norma song sounded strangely good.
I dunno about Give It All Up To Me because the vocals don't really seem to work together in the sabi. It's easy to distinguish between Pamsy and Jay Lehr when Pamsy is supposed to be doing backup, which is kind of a bad sign.

I hope people agree with me about the Norma song :x ! I don't know what HRG is doing though. Definitely skipping Dolcevita Tonight and maybe Si La Do (although it is pretty sexually suggestive :P)

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 02 Feb 2009, 22:48

Hi-NRG goes back to being a total waste of space. Space that could so easily have been turned over to Saifam or Dima. Hi-NRG just can't seem to make good Eurobeat anymore. All the outstanding old stuff coming out on Juno only adds further insult to injury because those unreleased songs are better than what Avex is picking now!

I honestly think Hi-NRG should take a long break, and Avex should pick up loads of the older stuff from the catalogue and just release that. There's so many gems that we're finding out about now that are leaps and bounds ahead of this new stuff.

And hey, Hi-NRG can basically sell existing music and kick back and rejuvinate those creative juices. It's win-win!

Liking the sound of the Time/Eurogrooves stuff (especially Hely)!

Also, what tiny, tiny glimpse there is of the instrumental in the Fantasy remake suggest a much more powerful synth than the original 'airy' sound.

Should be a good disc, anyway! Well, once I program my CD player to skip the Hi-NRG tracks...

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Feb 2009, 22:57

Tiger wrote:It's not like it's hard to find out where the samples are =/

All you do is go to the SEB193 page and see what they're using as the catalog numbers, and change the 3 to 4!

http://cnt01.labelgate.com/morawin/top/ ... 194-02.asx

I'm watching out for people who want to miscredit findings(sources) hint hint to someone
That's nothing like the previous links that were used - we used to use the avexnet links like http://www.avexnet.or.jp/avexdb/supereu ... 92_002.asx - not this cnt01.labelgate.com one...

But anyway, thanks...

Brief first impressions:

Fever Of Love - Quite nice, loving that guitar hook!!

My King Is You - Not bad on the whole, slightly repetitive if anything.

Call Me - This song reminds me of Fuku Wa Uchi for some reason.

All I Want Is You - Not that marvellous, the vocals are a bit nasally and whiny...

Happy Valentine - Oh dear, dodgy lyrics. This is pretty much as expected from Ai Yamamoto, but not as catchy as Wonderful.

Give It All Up To Me - Hmmm, pretty nice - cool key change mid-chorus, but lacks the power of 2love, 4love. Still, I'm ecstatic to hear Pamsy back!

Si La Do - Funky melody and sharp vocal rhythms. Not the most original HRG song, but pretty cool nonetheless.

For Your Love - Pass... As awful as I had dreaded - disjointed melody and ugly vocals.

Dolcevita Tonight - A nice rise and fall melody - sounds like a Eurovision Song Contest track!

Forever Sad - This sounds like a Eurovision song as well! Not bad, but nothing earth shattering.

I Remember - This has a little more punch, sounds a bit more like Eurogrooves than Time IMO - great sounding hook.

Valentine's Day - Not my style, but nowhere near as bad as the godawful Valentino's Day!!

Fantasy (Sweetest Mix) - Weird choice of kick drum. This has to be A-Beat C - it sounds to disjointed to be GGM.

Unsurprisingly, considering my current playlist, Hi-NRG Attack sound the most promising of this bunch, but I have high hopes for the full version of Give It All Up To Me!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Feb 2009, 23:17

DJ Mike TJG wrote: Also, what tiny, tiny glimpse there is of the instrumental in the Fantasy remake suggest a much more powerful synth than the original 'airy' sound.
The point of the "airy" sound in Fantasy is to create a fantasy. It is also supposed to create a reverie so a person can flow through the song without any loud noises that appear in old Aleph songs like Fire On The Moon or Black Out. This new remake changes the whole song's meaning. How does this remake convey a "fantasy?"

This song is surely not the "sweetest mix."

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 Feb 2009, 23:50

Ugh... It's such a great decision to say no to a purchase.

Only Stephy Martini's song (as expected) and Hi-NRG Attack's songs were better than the other. Beside that, it was boring like hell.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Feb 2009, 00:55

Hmmm, here are my impressions of the samples...

1. Fever Of Love / Stephy Martini: OMG, it's a Dima track!!! An absolutely stunning sample that showcases exactly what I wanted from the label's female lineup. I know already that this is the hit of the CD.
:!:

2. My King Is You / Leslie Parrish: Yay, more Capaldi material! Not really his best production, but a solid sample nonetheless.
:)

3. Call Me / Domino: This song actually sounds quite catchy now that I listen to it again. I didn't like it when I originally heard the sample on mu-mo.net, but it's actually got some fairly promising traits.

4. All I Want Is You / Mike West: Sounds incredibly transparent melodically and lacks anything aesthetically interesting to cling onto. Not really a track that works at all.
:(

5. Happy Valentine / Ai Yamamoto: Pretty cute actually. Not incredible, but a good fit to a Valentine's Day-themed SEB.

6. Give It All Up To Me / Pamsy & Jay Lehr: Sounds like a poppy Eurobeat Disney duet more than anything. The combination of vocalists sounds interesting, but otherwise I'm not too convinced by this song yet.
:|

7. Si La Do / Pistol Girl: A nice recovery after the god-awful Ike Ike 2009 on SEB 193. The vocals could still be better, but they're improved, and the song itself sounds lively and promisingly catchy.
:D

8. For Your Love / Norma Sheffield: I don't understand why everyone always seems to overlook Norma Sheffield everytime she comes out with a new track. There isn't even any sort of melodic life whatsoever in this sample. Bad production, bad vocals, and bad presentation make this a huge stinker, even when compared to other Norma Sheffield releases. Possibly the People Like Dancing of the 190's.
:( :(

9. Dolcevita Tonight / Rick Castle: Another nice, lively Hi-NRG Attack presentation, but in Rick Castle's style. Definitely one of the better samples overall.

10. Forever Sad / Hely: Not really anything special. Standard, recycled Elena Ferretti material and nothing more to my ears.
:(

11. I Remember / Kasanova: Better overall than the previous 2 offerings from Time/Eurogrooves. The melodic structure sounds a bit more effective, and the synthline shows potential.

12. Valentine's Day / Angie Sweet: Another rather plain-sounding Time female production that fails to live up to the high level of previous hits like Hey Boy and Love Is Like A Fever. It's sligthly better than Forever Sad, but still not really my style.

13. Fantasy (Sweetest Mix) / Virginelle: This is a song that deserved to be covered for being Elena Gobbi's breakthrough hit, but I agree with the_ditz that the production is a bit lackluster and that more could've been done to sound better.

These samples are quite a mixed bag for me. I was surprised by a few numbers, but overall the majority of the album sounds bland and disappointing. I might download the songs from Stephy Martini, Leslie Parrish, and Hi-NRG Attack, but overall I still think that this release has too many fillers for me to completely buy immediately, especially given the state that I'm in.
ImageImage

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 03 Feb 2009, 01:34

^
QUESTION: How in the world are you going to download it if Mu-Mo doesn't "work" per say?

(BTW Dima comes to the rescue for this album, no doubt) :)
Last edited by valiant on 03 Feb 2009, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat