Super Eurobeat 194

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Feb 2009, 01:35

#Infinity wrote:1. Fever Of Love / Stephy Martini: OMG, it's a Dima track!!! An absolutely stunning sample that showcases exactly what I wanted from the label's female lineup. I know already that this is the hit of the CD.
:!:
I don't remember her being Dima... more like Delta.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 03 Feb 2009, 01:42

Somehow, with the theme of the album, I'm not surprised that I don't particularly like any of the samples. This is totally not my style. :\

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 03 Feb 2009, 02:13

Lebon14 wrote:
#Infinity wrote:1. Fever Of Love / Stephy Martini: OMG, it's a Dima track!!! An absolutely stunning sample that showcases exactly what I wanted from the label's female lineup. I know already that this is the hit of the CD.
:!:
I don't remember her being Dima... more like Delta.
There is no doubt that this is Dima's production. Oddly she is using her "Stephy Martini" title...maybe a co-production with Delta and Dima? :?
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Feb 2009, 02:42

First impressions. 4 Dall Ora Tracks works perfect for me.

2. Fever Of Love / Stephy Martini
I do hear a distint Dima style, but it could easily be DELTA as well; esp. in the last heard whoawhoa's the musical melody is more DELTA style. Howbout Akyr? Stephy was on Akyr and as well as DIMA. Another point is that these samples sound like they are really back in catalog numbers. For now A very powerful start.
:)

3. My King Is You / Leslie Parrish
Leslie loves her Kings that's for sure. I'm liking this chorus alot and the last noite of what sounds like the riff gives an equally powerful vibe.

4. Call Me / Domino
I'm not liking this one bit, but then again is anyone surprised?
:(

5. All I Want Is You / Mike West
Not the best Mike West sample I've heard. The chorus sounds a bit repetitive. Here is hoping for a great intro and bridge to even things up. This is obviously TIME, so I'm wondering if AVEX is now working directly with Maiolini and releasing older TIME tracks. Hmmmm..

6. Happy Valentine / Ai Yamamoto
Not as sexy sounding as Pink In The Pink. Why can't there be a fast Valentine song? This chorus kinda bores me to tears.

7. Give It All Up To Me / Pamsy & Jay Lehr
2 SCP songs in a row might not be too smart. This sample's melody is kinda weak. I'm liking Jay Lehr, but not too much more.

8. Si La Do / Pistol Girl
I think AVEX is purposely choosing the clone sounding songs from HRG Attack. It's a prety good sounding preview, but I'll choose those Juno releases over this one anyday.

9. For Your Love / Norma Sheffield
This sample sounds like from SEB's 50- 90s era, wich isn't necessarly a bad thing. It's acutually one of the better female sung samples I hear.

10. Dolcevita Tonight / Rick Castle
Rick sounds really good on this sample and that riff is flying everywhere old Italo style.

11. Forever Sad / Hely
Hely is just Helena since Helena belongs to TIME. Elena makes a great comeback as this is the type of felame Eurobeat I love. Sweet , but powerful.

12. I Remember / Kasanova
More Dall ora style. This one sounds to more promising than Mike West's song. It's definately Kasanova's style.

13. Valentine's Day / Angie Sweet
...and even more Dall Ora. That's what I'm talking bout. Angie Davies has morphed into Angie Sweet and the sample doesn't sound to far off from Angie Davies style. I'm thinking a mellow version of Lonely Night . Who Agrees?I think this is the first TIME Dall Ora uses the word Valentine in a song? I actually think this is also an older song from TIME since I don't hear that punch in the new Eurogrooves style.

14. Fantasy (Sweetest Mix) / Virginelle
Is this the best ABeatC can do for this song? The sample itself hardly sounds different from the original.

I like the fact that there are 4 Dall Ora style songs on this cd, 2 HRG Attack and 2 DELTA/DIMA and one Norma, but the rest are sounding dull and drab. GoGo's and SCP really sound uninspired and Fantasy just sounds like wasted space. This is a tuff call, but for Sergio Dall Ora sweetens the pot.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Feb 2009, 02:42

valiant wrote:^
QUESTION: How in the world are you going to download it if Mu-Mo doesn't "work" per say?
Mu-Mo may not be in order, but all of the same music is still present on the new mora site if you can register again. The only thing that I need to figure out is how to be able to use a credit card successfully (I haven't tried yet, but Dom stated she had trouble buying from the site when she tried; I don't know what kind of card she used though).
valiant wrote:There is no doubt that this is Dima's production. Oddly she is using her "Stephy Martini" title...maybe a co-production with Delta and Dima? :?
I doubt Delta is involved with Fever Of Love to be honest; the Stephy Martini alias is probably being used because it would draw in the largest audience after the roaring success of Emotions. Delta or not, it's still the same vocalist anyway, so with a bit of permission, I don't see why Dima can't borrow Stefy's Delta alias.
ImageImage

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 03 Feb 2009, 03:03

Samples are usually not too reliable, but as an initial impression, I am not very impressed at the moment, only about 2 samples made it for me.

Maybe the full songs would do better, Time to keep my fingers crossed.

Out of topic : If anyone bothered to listen to the 193 samples, Most of them are pretty crappy, with the crappy samples award being space boy.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 03 Feb 2009, 03:08

(Green = Good, Orange = Middlin', Blue means Can't Decide Yet, Red means Not so good, Dark Red = Just plain awful.)
REVIEW OF THE CLIPS:

FEVER OF LOVE by Stephy Martini: Freaking EPIC. Dima or Delta or collab (if I recall right, Davide and Laurent are on good terms) aside, it's incredible! What a way to start the album!
MY KING IS YOU by Leslie Parrish: Yes! Delta dishes out another solid, hard-hitting production... I couldn't hear much of the synth riff, but what I could hear was FAST and energetic-sounding. I heavily look forward to this one.
CALL ME by Domino: "Call me boys, call me girls"... Domino is bi? :U At any rate, classic Domino material for the chorus. I couldn't hear the riff, though it sounded like there were no significant changes from their "always" synth riff sound. Still very interested in this one. :3
ALL I WANT IS YOU by Mike West: I do NOT like how the singers go flat on the word "You". That brings it down a good deal. Energy is present, the synth riff sounded sufficient... we'll have to see how things pan out.
HAPPY VALENTINE by Ai Yamamoto: It reminds me of "Graduation" from DDR! Does anyone else get this vibe? That's not a bad thing, mind you... There was no synth riff in this clip... a little flowery for me, but solid enough.
GIVE IT ALL UP TO ME by Pamsy and Jay Lehr: SCP has suddenly grown quite the uterus, but not in a bad way. I'd have preferred higher BPMs from them this time though. They're solid with these two, but not quite as energetic as I like.
SI LA DO by Pistol Girl: ...unimpressed. Sorry, but I wasn't impressed with Pistol Girl before, and this did no good to help it. Typically good HRG synth riff fare, but the singer just sounds un-enthused for some reason.
FOR YOUR LOVE by Norma Sheffield: Strikes me as a lot like "Take My Desire" from Digital Planet. Soothing in a way, but... is that good or bad? I actually kind'a like it as of the clip, but we'll see.
DOLCEVITA by Rick Castle: Rick sounds flat! WHAT HAPPENED?? Rick Castle, one of the gar-est of singers of Eurobeat, went flat!!! The synth riff sounds pretty darn good, and I like the soundworld, but... what happened to Rick himself? He's usually a bit more accurate... maybe it's just one of his lesser days at the Studio. It's still a very solid clip, and I like everything else, but... We'll have to hear more from this one later.
FOREVER SAD by Hely: Typical. Blah. Sorry, but no. Not BAD per se, but... we've heard this song a hundred times from Elena.
I REMEMBER by Kasanova: Kasanova recovers the slight "blah-ness" that Hely delivered. Another gar singer backed by a great synth riff makes this a plus.
VALENTINE'S DAY by Angie Sweet: Uh, is this Elena AGAIN? I'm not fond of this one either, but it's most certainly a drop or more above Forever Sad.
FANTASY (Sweet Mix) by Virginelle: Yes, it's ABeatC, alright, but not as bad as we'd believe it to be, I think. Thank God, they actually have a chord playing in the background, it sounds hollow-ish but with just enough "meat" to it to be solid. I like what I hear, what little of it. Another one I'll need to hear more from.

The album in total seems a bit "meh" to me... some good songs nestle alongside some blah-worthy material... no truly awful songs, but just not a smash-hit album from what I can see. This may change once I hear the whole songs.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Feb 2009, 03:11

#Infinity wrote:
valiant wrote:^
QUESTION: How in the world are you going to download it if Mu-Mo doesn't "work" per say?
Mu-Mo may not be in order, but all of the same music is still present on the new mora site if you can register again. The only thing that I need to figure out is how to be able to use a credit card successfully (I haven't tried yet, but Dom stated she had trouble buying from the site when she tried; I don't know what kind of card she used though).
Once again, as I stated in the Mu-Mo thread weeks ago, there is no way to buy from mora unless you have a Japanese credit card or a friend in Japan that buys for you. You can register to mora, but you just can't buy anything. Dom was also using an American CC to buy like I was and experienced the same problem.

Also, does anyone think that the Ai Yamamoto song sounds a lot like I Love My Dog >.>
Last edited by Tiger on 03 Feb 2009, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Feb 2009, 03:13

Seriously? F**k Avex. :o
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 03 Feb 2009, 03:24

#Infinity wrote:Seriously? F**k Avex. :o
Actually, there could be more going on than we can guess at. As much as I've been sharp on them before, I've been trying to remember that they're people too.

That said, I do agree that the selection Avex has made is not as good as it could be, for reasons it could've cured/fixed.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Feb 2009, 03:34

Avex has had their mistakes in the past, but changing everything from Mu-Mo to mora so that only Japanese credit cards work is like the biggest f**k you to overseas eurobeat fans like me. It pisses me off that they're making it completely impossible for me to happily purchase more older super eurobeat albums in extended format for no validly understandable reason except to close the availibility of eurobeat to everyone except for the Japanese, and if things remain like this for ages to come, I'm totally screwed. :( It's not like you have to live in the United Kingdom just to be able to use junodownload.com.
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 03 Feb 2009, 03:49

#Infinity wrote:Avex has had their mistakes in the past, but changing everything from Mu-Mo to mora so that only Japanese credit cards work is like the biggest f**k you to overseas eurobeat fans like me. It pisses me off that they're making it completely impossible for me to happily purchase more older super eurobeat albums in extended format for no validly understandable reason except to close the availibility of eurobeat to everyone except for the Japanese, and if things remain like this for ages to come, I'm totally screwed. :( It's not like you have to live in the United Kingdom just to be able to use junodownload.com.
I had a big 'ol response, but... perhaps they're just afraid of how much is already pirated by overseas fans. (That's not the ONLY reason, I'm sure, but... perhaps it's one of their bigger ones.)
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Feb 2009, 03:52

Well that's great, people like me who actually strictly buy the music now have to be screwed because of Initial D World pirates. >_> If that's the case, then why couldn't they have just done something else? People will still be able to pirate their music by buying the albums from cdjapan, anyway. Instead of making everyone buy Super Eurobeat albums, Avex is simply preventing everyone (even those who don't pirate) from being able to buy and support the series.
Last edited by #Infinity on 03 Feb 2009, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 03 Feb 2009, 03:57

to quote many others (ranging from members of EBP to producers i.e Newfield)
fuck avex :wink:
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Feb 2009, 03:57

I totally agree with #infinity. If AVEX continues like this, they are gonna nail that last nail in thier coffin. They are wickedly forcing us to buy the cds from Cd Japan, which isn't a bad thing, but not being able to purchase extendeds from older cds is completely counterproductive on thier behalf