Super Eurobeat 187

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 21 May 2008, 02:19

Jion wrote:Review for 188 from SEPH is up on iTunes!
Wow. And I was thinking it wasn't even released yet. : |!

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 21 May 2008, 02:41

MKwiakaku wrote: Wow. And I was thinking it wasn't even released yet. : |!
i heard avex started sending SEPH the discs to review before releases :idea:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 May 2008, 03:12

It was a typo

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 21 May 2008, 03:22

im pretty sure we were joking :D

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 May 2008, 03:47

taQ wrote:im pretty sure we were joking :D
I know I was just stating the obvious :grin:

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 21 May 2008, 05:41

taQ wrote:i heard avex started sending SEPH the discs to review before releases :idea:
Quick quick hurry hurry! We should start our own podcast too, so they'll send promo stuff to us too!

And yes, Nine, I'm totally ignoring you. But you know we love you! <3

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 May 2008, 02:33

So, okay, I got my album today, so here is my review

01. Hello Hello / Delta Queens

OK, so at first, I was acting so so over this song because the chorus in the sample was sounding pretty so cheesy. But, that feeling didn't change much. The song works well, the riff is good, overall performance is good but, finally it didn't hit me like Damn Damn My Heart.

Rating : 8

02. Little Desire / Annalise

I've already stated that Annalise's song here would be her best only her vocal would be part of the song instead of standing out over the track. Anyway, the worst thing in this track are not the vocals but the intro. It is VERY boring. But, overall, this song is much more better than any Annalise song.

03. Move On Now Baby / Megan

Is it me or every Sinclaire Style songs has the same feeling, same kind of synth? Anyway, only if this sound would change, this song will be way better, but, in first place, isn't extraordinary. The chorus is pretty much boring though.

Rating : 7½

04. Baby Don't Leave Me / Rick Castle

I'm pretty much amazed now that I've listened to the whole thing. It is much more better than I thought. The riff is awesome, this is probably the stand out of the song. I must say Hi-NRG Attack amazed me. First hit of the album

Rating : 9¾

05. Can Can World / Makkeroni

I have already bought this on Juno a while back when someone pointed it out. The song is very good, cheerful and non-sense. It's just awesome to sing along. People saying that it is not Eurobeat, I don't get it because it IS. Just a Kiki & Fancy like song made by Delta. Awesome ;)

Rating : 10

06. Secret Destination / Mari-san

This song is just a masterpiece. All the way, this song kicks ass. Sounds are awesome, vocals are pretty good. Very original songs by GGM. For "Eurobeat or not" discussion, I think song is borederlining, but, if it's on SEB, then it must be. Otherwise, it would have been on We Love TechPara ;)

07. I Need Your Love 2k8 / De Leo

Seriously, I don't understand this "original is better" or "remake is better" discussion... why don't we judge on "I like it or not"? Anyway, this song is good but like Annalise, the vocals stand out too much or just a little too much. Still a very good song

08. Magical / Matt Land

This is pretty much a surprise. I LOVE it all the way. The soundworld i s pretty much the best in years since ABeat's fall. This song is awesome from all p-o-v ;)

09. Vamos A Bailar / Coo Coo

Is it me but pretty much every song that didn't have an English title in the past was hated or not liked so much by me? Well, it's the case here again. The song is pretty much boring but not the very bad. Listenable but not favorited.

Rating : 6½

10. Love Is A Pretender / Pamsy

This song is god. End of discussion.

11. Run Away / Dany

Dany, aka Magika, present us another song. This one is pretty good. I don't have anything else to say.

Rating : 9

12. Spitfire / Go 2

I feel so sad for Go 2... NRG and Play Loud got old fast and I was hoping for some more stuff. The riff is good but there's something different : the couplet. It as less energy... At the same time, I feel divided about the song's quality... so... I'm gonna leave a divided rating.

Rating : 7½

13. Sun City 2k8 / Dave Rodgers

Results sometimes can be the exact opposite of what you expect. I was waiting for some non-rock Eurobeat Dave R. but unfortunately, there's just too much guitar as usual. But, better than usual.

Rating : 7

Top 3 :
- Secret Destination / Mari-san
- Love Is A Pretender / Pamsy
- Magical / Matt Land

Worst 3 :
- Vaimos A Bailar / Coo Coo
- Move On Now Baby / Megan
- Sun City 2k8 / Dave Rodgers

Honorable Mentions :
- Can Can World / Makkeroni
- Baby Don't Leave Me / Rick Castle

Overall Rating : 8
Last edited by Lebon14 on 22 May 2008, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 22 May 2008, 04:46

For some reason, the Baby Don't Leave Me intro keeps making me think the song is I Need Your Love (2k8 or not). After about 12 secs I go 'mooove your, booooody~', but the lyrics just won't come. : (

And every time I'm like 'oh yea this was that other song'. XD;

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 22 May 2008, 05:49

Lebon, for some reason I thought you were going to go "against" Secret Destination. (Seems the consensus on idforums leans towards disliking the song) - i'm glad to see you like it :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 May 2008, 07:30

Nine
Lebon, for some reason I thought you were going to go "against" Secret Destination. (Seems the consensus on idforums leans towards disliking the song) - i'm glad to see you like it
I think I'm the only one on this forum who didn't like that song, even after finally hearing the whole thing. I think I liked it even less :P

On another note upon hearing tthe whole Can Can tune; I can say it's really not as abysmal as I thought it would be. Luca's vocals are a plus, but I still think the chorus should have stayed instrumental.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 May 2008, 08:30

drnrg wrote:Nine
Lebon, for some reason I thought you were going to go "against" Secret Destination. (Seems the consensus on idforums leans towards disliking the song) - i'm glad to see you like it
I think I'm the only one on this forum who didn't like that song, even after finally hearing the whole thing. I think I liked it even less :P
No you're not drnrg - I think this is going to be one of the very few times (perhaps the first time since Bad Bad Bad on 175) that we are in total agreement on something!

I really don't like Secret Destination at all!

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 22 May 2008, 08:47

Must confess I wasn't big on Secret Destination either - loved Hello Hello though! :)

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 23 May 2008, 00:23

Secret Destination was bad and it was entirely the singer's fault, just like all the other GGM songs that used new vocalists. Yep, I went there. They sound emotionless and don't have the energetic impact that most eurobeat vocalists bring to the table. Although I admit that Never Gonna Give Up had a great instrumental, and Secret Destination could have been good had they axed the bridge and chorus vocals for something that sounded on key.

Jion

Post by Jion » 23 May 2008, 00:37

I very much disagree. Secret Destination wasn't just only one of the first songs that really show the versatility of GoGo's Music, but also pushed to all of us to focus more on the singers rather than just the music. I believe that's why I've been against HRG's music so much as of late as their philosophy (as even stated on the site) is the music over the singer. Mari-San is a fantastic singer that belts out a number that oozes attitude and emotion.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 23 May 2008, 04:06

If you want to put a label on a group of singers who sound emotionless I think that crown goes to ABeatC's more seasoned line-up, not GGM's new-comers. Dave's been sounding like he's sung one too many tracks and is finally realizing it, Annerley sounds like she's holding back way too much, and Nuage just sounds uninspired. Compare these singers to their earlier tracks and you'll notice the big difference from then and now.