Today's Tune

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 19 Jul 2015, 14:42

Take My Breath Away / Ace
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 19 Jul 2015, 14:43

Robbie Boy - Mr. Heartbreak

If there's something I would _totally_ love to have more in the eurobeat scene is Eurobeat Blast! The three albums that were released have not once left my iPhone. The solid level and variety in those albums is far beyond anything SEB has seen in ages (if ever).

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 19 Jul 2015, 16:03

Mickey B.-I Wanna Run To You

MiKong
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MiKong » 19 Jul 2015, 18:53

Eurobeat Girls - Rockydance | I think this was the first song that got me listening to Delta.

Classic Pick
Alan Barry - Victim of Love | I've seen the cover of the vinyl many times but never really listened to this until recently. What have I been missing out on!

"Thy body speaketh falsehoods!" - Norma Sheffield

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Jul 2015, 00:15

Al Benati and Romy - Stranger (Blast label)

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 20 Jul 2015, 03:32

Bore wrote:Robbie Boy - Mr. Heartbreak

This is a rad song

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 20 Jul 2015, 07:51

milachan wrote:This one strikes like a light in a dark tunnel
Far From The Light / Leo River
(too bad that crappy 4 minutes ""extended"" though)
Y'know I never understood the sheer stupidity of this song length logic, I don't know if it's Avex being controlling or the producer's preference or because GGM is basically an SCP version 2 (sorta) but there's all these edits and then there's ... well ... Run To Me by Kaory at 6:24, that's not even just a simple "extended", it's a whole 2 min + of "extra song". Same label same producers but a world of difference in terms of production. RTM, no matter whether one liked it or not, was full of neat ideas, sounded great and complete (as compared to their usual faire, albeit MAYBE a little too long and over the top), and was overall a much "better" production that's so different from all the other GGM tracks, while all the rest of their tracks just seem to underwhelm in one way or another with these imitation extended versions. Going by their logic, if 4 minute is considered a proper extended then it's bad for the heart to imagine how ridiculous a modern day "edit" would sound. It's absurd as hell and makes zero sense.
(rant over)

Today's song:
Run To Me / Kaory

I mean, jeez!
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

JingleJungleBoy
Eurobeat Boom

Post by JingleJungleBoy » 20 Jul 2015, 11:48

King Of Chinatown / Neo
Like A Thunder / Max Coveri
Love Hotel / Amicoz featuring D. Donna
Last edited by JingleJungleBoy on 20 Jul 2015, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 20 Jul 2015, 14:41

Also from Blast! label:
Hyper Crazy Night / Saetta Kid
Merry Go Round / Rosemary
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Jul 2015, 20:50

WNight wrote:Y'know I never understood the sheer stupidity of this song length logic, I don't know if it's Avex being controlling or the producer's preference or because GGM is basically an SCP version 2 (sorta) but there's all these edits and then there's ... well ... Run To Me by Kaory at 6:24, that's not even just a simple "extended", it's a whole 2 min + of "extra song". Same label same producers but a world of difference in terms of production. RTM, no matter whether one liked it or not, was full of neat ideas, sounded great and complete (as compared to their usual faire, albeit MAYBE a little too long and over the top), and was overall a much "better" production that's so different from all the other GGM tracks, while all the rest of their tracks just seem to underwhelm in one way or another with these imitation extended versions. Going by their logic, if 4 minute is considered a proper extended then it's bad for the heart to imagine how ridiculous a modern day "edit" would sound. It's absurd as hell and makes zero sense.
But "Run To Me" is, in one way, a "4-min" edit. The riffs are twice as long as usual. One loop is as long as two loops regularly. On top of it all, the vocal section are longer than your usual Eurobeat tracks. It adds up quick and add that almost 1 long intro.

Yep.

EDIT

Intro + 2 Verse+bridge+chorus = 4:40 (no breakdown, extra bridges and chorus). I mean, holy crap.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Jul 2015, 07:30

WNight wrote:
milachan wrote:This one strikes like a light in a dark tunnel
Far From The Light / Leo River
(too bad that crappy 4 minutes ""extended"" though)
Y'know I never understood the sheer stupidity of this song length logic, I don't know if it's Avex being controlling or the producer's preference or because GGM is basically an SCP version 2 (sorta) but there's all these edits and then there's ... well ... Run To Me by Kaory at 6:24, that's not even just a simple "extended", it's a whole 2 min + of "extra song". Same label same producers but a world of difference in terms of production. RTM, no matter whether one liked it or not, was full of neat ideas, sounded great and complete (as compared to their usual faire, albeit MAYBE a little too long and over the top), and was overall a much "better" production that's so different from all the other GGM tracks, while all the rest of their tracks just seem to underwhelm in one way or another with these imitation extended versions. Going by their logic, if 4 minute is considered a proper extended then it's bad for the heart to imagine how ridiculous a modern day "edit" would sound. It's absurd as hell and makes zero sense.
(rant over)

Today's song:
Run To Me / Kaory

I mean, jeez!
Next to you; I'm probobly the next in line who is most offended by those SCP(SEB) edits. Always feels like they just tease me with previews. Like getting a hand job, instead of the real deal :!:

anyway today I choose a real epic Extended deal from SCP.

Hotblade - Disconnected(EuroExtended Version)
This is how all SCP songs could sound like if they only remained connected while composing them :D

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 21 Jul 2015, 09:48

Lebon14 wrote:But "Run To Me" is, in one way, a "4-min" edit. The riffs are twice as long as usual. One loop is as long as two loops regularly. On top of it all, the vocal section are longer than your usual Eurobeat tracks. It adds up quick and add that almost 1 long intro.

Yep.

EDIT

Intro + 2 Verse+bridge+chorus = 4:40 (no breakdown, extra bridges and chorus). I mean, holy crap.
RTM is what you'd call a true extended by every definition. Of course it would be ridiculous to expect every single song nowadays to be 6, heck even a full 5 minute long (even more so from SCP/GGM) but it just makes no sense why they can churn out RTM while most of their other tracks just sounds "lacking" in some ways owing to "edit".
drnrg wrote:Next to you; I'm probobly the next in line who is most offended by those SCP(SEB) edits. Always feels like they just tease me with previews. Like getting a hand job, instead of the real deal
LOL! Epic comment! This made my day. At least SCP does a decent job at giving us songs like "Heavensent" which does (rather) fine even as an "edit" so they are not totally down the gutter yet. 8)

Today's song (s):
Fly Me To The Moon (And Back) / The Spiders From Mars
Snowgame Fighters / Mickey B
Dancing Around The World / Mickey B and Lolita
Last edited by WNight on 21 Jul 2015, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 21 Jul 2015, 10:30

マジンガーZ(Mazinger Z) - KouHey

I LOVE THIS GUY'S VOICE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYcZuQz2m44&t=27m14s

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Jul 2015, 12:45

WNight wrote:
Today's song (s):
Fly Me To The Moon (And Back) / The Spiders From Mars
Snowgame Fighters / Mickey B
Dancing Around The World / Mickey B and Lolita
Excellent picks. Was just driving back home from work and listened to Day & Night by The Spides From Mars and thought to myself that "This is the exact kind of eurobeat I would love to hear made to this day...". All of the tracks by The Spiders From Mars are phenomenal.

Matt Land - Killer Queen is mine for the day. Gelatine!

JingleJungleBoy
Eurobeat Boom

Post by JingleJungleBoy » 21 Jul 2015, 16:02

Stay / Amicoz feat. D. Donna
Big Boss / Big Boss
Nowhere Land / G Style
Go! Rocky Joe / Maximum Power

AKYR OVERLOAD!!