Super Eurobeat 197

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 09 May 2009, 22:51

Jay wrote:So much for stopping piracy, eh Will154?
I admit that, despite never wanting to visit that site ever again, even I downloaded the pirated link (haven't listened to it at all though), only because I wanted to support the labels and there was absolutely no other way for me to obtain the album in extended format. I would've happily bought the album from mu-mo.net if it were still an option. I hope Avex soon begins to realize how much their sales are probably gonna decline after all of the disrespect they've given to their overseas fans. It's one thing to only focus on promoting their music in Japan, but intentionally cutting off their foreign market is a completely different story entirely.

I honestly regret that I actually downloaded the link, and I really hope I don't get bombarded off this site for it, but this is basically what happens when you're under such an uncomfortable circumstance as this.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 10 May 2009, 01:50

#Infinity wrote: I honestly regret that I actually downloaded the link, and I really hope I don't get bombarded off this site for it, but this is basically what happens when you're under such an uncomfortable circumstance as this.
It happens to everyone to download once in a while. As I have the original megamix, I did download the extended myself too. We won't kick you out because of a download. It's understandable at the limit because we are not able to buy it ourselves.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 May 2009, 02:17

#Infinity
I admit that, despite never wanting to visit that site ever again, even I downloaded the pirated link (haven't listened to it at all though), only because I wanted to support the labels and there was absolutely no other way for me to obtain the album in extended format. I would've happily bought the album from mu-mo.net if it were still an option. I hope Avex soon begins to realize how much their sales are probably gonna decline after all of the disrespect they've given to their overseas fans. It's one thing to only focus on promoting their music in Japan, but intentionally cutting off their foreign market is a completely different story entirely.

I honestly regret that I actually downloaded the link, and I really hope I don't get bombarded off this site for it, but this is basically what happens when you're under such an uncomfortable circumstance as this.

Bottom line is ,it's AVEX own fault. At least you admitted it. I got mine of a LIMEwire torrent, which I use frequently for other pop rock songs.

AVEX never heard the saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 10 May 2009, 13:05

I downloaded the megamix. But then again, that's bound to be no surprise to anyone. The mixing is pretty awful. That this is the way Avex chooses to show off the labels' new songs, is just an insult to the labels, and to the fans. But there you go.

The new songs, for what we hear of them, are pretty good. I think perhaps that they were the best material this decade is a little over-hyped, but David Dima managed to impress me, as always. Will post more thoughts when I've had a better listen (and gone after the Extendeds that are neatly doing the rounds on the net now - Avex be damned).
Last edited by DJ Mike TJG on 10 May 2009, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 10 May 2009, 13:57

I love that while listening to Loved in Tokyo I almost forget I'm listening to Eurobeat until the synthline comes back in. That's a good sign that what Dima's trying in the ways of innovating his music is working, and I appreciate that greatly. The baseline is just so funky dirty fresh 8) Not to mention Tomas' vocals are ALWAYS appreciated.

Dave is on a real good run these days. I thought it was going to be hard for him to follow up Burning Like Fire and then comes Fire Dragon which is freaking good as well. The old man is not giving up his King of Eurobeat title without a fight.

And while it may be nothing new, THANK YOU for finally putting messages from the artists/producers, no less in English. Let's hope this becomes a regular occurrence.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 10 May 2009, 16:14

Dave just keeps getting better IMO, "Fire Dragon" is not only the best ABC song released in the 19x, It is quite possibly one of the best eurobeat songs released to date (Again, IMO), Taking over "Space Boy Grand Mix" and by a little bit, "Burning Like Fire". I hope this streak of awesomeness continues, Cos these songs are way too good.

Special mention should be given to Fastway and Luke as well, Just like FD, Their songs are one of the best eurobeat released to date IMO. I might offend some people here, but "Love Countdown" totally puts "Monsters Ready" (Which was already a pretty good song) to shame, Lets hope the high standards continue.

Runner Up : Don't Let Me Go

The rest of the new songs are just plain good, I didn't like "Loved In Tokyo", "King Of Eurobeat" and that dreadful "I Feel Like A Molotov" though.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 10 May 2009, 16:57

#Infinity wrote:I admit that, despite never wanting to visit that site ever again, even I downloaded the pirated link (haven't listened to it at all though), only because I wanted to support the labels and there was absolutely no other way for me to obtain the album in extended format. I would've happily bought the album from mu-mo.net if it were still an option. I hope Avex soon begins to realize how much their sales are probably gonna decline after all of the disrespect they've given to their overseas fans. It's one thing to only focus on promoting their music in Japan, but intentionally cutting off their foreign market is a completely different story entirely.
Considering the extreme difficult in obtaining the extendeds, there's nothing to feel guilty about. After all, all you wanted was to listen to your favourite genre in the format you desire—nobody will bite your head off for it. I downloaded the extended versions elsewhere as well, and I'd say a vast majority here did too, although they may not want to admit it.

My comment directed at Will154 was more of a 'I told you so' remark, because I just knew most people would resort to piracy to obtain the extendeds. Now all I'm hoping for is Avex to learn from this mistake, but I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by Jay on 10 May 2009, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 10 May 2009, 17:03

Jay wrote:I could've used an iTunes Japan Music card, but I'll never pay for music in shoddy quality, unless I'm desperate.
Except you can't, because the extendeds still haven't turned up on iTunes Japan! ;-)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 10 May 2009, 17:21

What's sad is that most of the people here didn't even buy the original CD, much less the extends.

Nonstop SEB is no big deal for me since LovePara has always been nonstop, and other releases outside of SEB too (Natsu Monogatari, Super GT, and 9LoveJ Super Collection comes into mind). And I don't think anyone here doesn't buy them because they're nonstop only. That is ridiculous.

No one bought Beat Tunes! Energy even though it was the first eurobeat release from FARM Records with single tracks, so that is why they moved back to nonstop. So, really, I don't think the nonstop issue is a bigger deal than most people are making it out to be.

Just my thoughts :)

Extends didn't happen until 187 too, but you still bought SEB before. Remember this.
Last edited by Tiger on 10 May 2009, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 10 May 2009, 17:33

Tiger wrote:No one bought Beat Tunes! Energy even though it was the first eurobeat release from FARM Records with single tracks, so that is why they moved back to nonstop. So, really, I don't think the nonstop issue is a bigger deal than most people are making it out to be.
I doubt anybody bought Beat Tunes because very few people knew what the heck it was. I've vaguely heard of Beat Tunes but I'd just have assumed it was a megamix until you just pointed out it was extended. So your comparison is rather pointless - well-established brand vs. minor competitor.

If Avex bring the extended songs out in a manner I can actually pay for them in without having to resort to some dodgy pretending-to-be-Japanese method, then I'll buy. But, oh wait, they think I'm a pirate! Doh! :)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 10 May 2009, 17:39

DJ Mike TJG wrote:I doubt anybody bought Beat Tunes because very few people knew what the heck it was. I've vaguely heard of Beat Tunes but I'd just have assumed it was a megamix until you just pointed out it was extended. So your comparison is rather pointless - well-established brand vs. minor competitor.

If Avex bring the extended songs out in a manner I can actually pay for them in without having to resort to some dodgy pretending-to-be-Japanese method, then I'll buy. But, oh wait, they think I'm a pirate! Doh! :)
I wouldn't call FARM Records a "minor" competitior, as they are the leading competitor against Avex. No one here can deny this.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 10 May 2009, 18:52

Tiger wrote:I wouldn't call FARM Records a "minor" competitior, as they are the leading competitor against Avex. No one here can deny this.
I would, given how much Avex's releases get talked about here vs. FARM. The fact is, it's a simple numbers game - Avex produces vastly more Eurobeat releases. To call FARM the "leading competitor" to Avex is rather empty - it's not like Eurobeat is widely published by hundreds of companies. FARM may be the leading competitor, but that doesn't make it a major competitor.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 10 May 2009, 20:57

DJ Mike TJG wrote:
Tiger wrote:I wouldn't call FARM Records a "minor" competitior, as they are the leading competitor against Avex. No one here can deny this.
I would, given how much Avex's releases get talked about here vs. FARM. The fact is, it's a simple numbers game - Avex produces vastly more Eurobeat releases. To call FARM the "leading competitor" to Avex is rather empty - it's not like Eurobeat is widely published by hundreds of companies. FARM may be the leading competitor, but that doesn't make it a major competitor.
Which is what I find amazing. People are so gung ho on hating avex yet they don't pay attention to another competitor minor, major, main or whatever you want to call it. The more attention you give it the less avex gets, no?

I guess I just really dig experiencing Eurobeat from as many sources as possible. *bun

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 May 2009, 04:36

Tiger
Extends didn't happen until 187 too, but you still bought SEB before. Remember this.
But we still had complete radio edits. Extendeds was an awesome idea, but screwing us out of the mumo extendeds was still wrong in my eyes.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 11 May 2009, 09:33

Tiger wrote:Extends didn't happen until 187 too, but you still bought SEB before. Remember this.
Radio edits generally only cut out the "breakdown" sections of the song, but at least kept the basic structure of the song intact, without the gimmicky hacking around that Avex's megamix DJs tend to use - skipping the intro/build-up, moving the chorus, skipping instrumentals, inserting random riffs, using extra sound effects, repeating bars of the song, the "stutter" effect (where the songs suddenly turns into random white noise), messing around with the instrumental by chopping and changing bits of it, messing around with the vocals, flanging bits of the song, and in the highest offence of all: occasionally leaving out the verses altogether.

Have I missed anything? ;)

I really should point out that I have nothing against megamixes in general. If 197-199 had been purely old Eurobeat, I'd have actually been OK with that (although I'd have been a bit miffed at a lack of new material for 3 albums).