Super Eurobeat 223

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Skyblue
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Skyblue » 11 Apr 2013, 17:00

synthjunkie wrote:
Tiger wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:
I couldn't translate the last part where it says 音源 since this word doesn't really exist as 2 kanji together in dictionaries, but if you separate the kanji, the 1st means "sound", and the 2nd means "origin". It also wouldn't mean "original sound" because a different kanji for "origin" is usually used for that meaning, plus they would have to be placed in the opposite order in order to mean "original sound." If any Japanese could help me with what "音源" means, because to me it just means "origin of sounds."
ongen means sound source. I dunno which dictionary you are using, but Jim Breen's EDICT is the best. If you are on Firefox or Chrome, use rikaichan or rikaikun. You will slowly become a Japanese master.
oh ok, thanks! i don't know why it doesn't show up on my handheld Casio electronic kanji dictionary that I bought when I was living in Japan. Very strange...Each kanji comes up separately, but not as a unit. And the "gen" usually comes up as the other "gen" kanji without the water marks to the left of it, which also means origin.
Thanks for something informations. :-)
But the sentences say about the details of Super Eurobeat series, it's not mention about SEB223.

and "音源" means "track" :-)

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 11 Apr 2013, 23:08

Skyblue wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:
Tiger wrote: ongen means sound source. I dunno which dictionary you are using, but Jim Breen's EDICT is the best. If you are on Firefox or Chrome, use rikaichan or rikaikun. You will slowly become a Japanese master.
oh ok, thanks! i don't know why it doesn't show up on my handheld Casio electronic kanji dictionary that I bought when I was living in Japan. Very strange...Each kanji comes up separately, but not as a unit. And the "gen" usually comes up as the other "gen" kanji without the water marks to the left of it, which also means origin.
But the sentences say about the details of Super Eurobeat series, it's not mention about SEB223.

I never knew you can use that to mean track. Track is usually writtten in katakana, borrowing from the English word and written as such: torakku トラック. So both be used to mean track?

Anyway, I think you have mistaken Darkholme's post with mine. In where it says the following, where it is not talking about SEB 223, but just how Avex's starting point all began with Super Eurobeat. And about how it has sold more than 10 million CDs (1000万):
avexの原点、全ては「SUPER EUROBEAT」から始まった。累計売上げ1000万枚以上を誇るダンスミュージックの最高峰、最新作! 箔仕様

What I posted does talk about SEB 223.
Look again:

avexとともに歩み続けた「SUPER EUROBEAT」シリーズ通算223タイトル目のCD。様々なシーンのBGM、ダンスカリキュラム、エクササイズ、クラブイベントに最適な楽曲や、イタリア直送の人気レーベルからの最新(2013年時)音源なども収録

see it? let me narrow it down from above statement:
right here: 「SUPER EUROBEAT」シリーズ通算223タイトル目のCD.
"Super Eurobeat series compilation (literally: sum up) 223rd titled CD."
Then goes on to say about how it is suitable for use for club events, excercise, etc, and then ends in saying how will contain the labels newest tracks, (from the year 2013) as well as 音源, etc. to be recorded (containing)
レーベルからの最新(2013年時)音源なども収録

Skyblue
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Skyblue » 15 Apr 2013, 17:00

synthjunkie wrote:
Skyblue wrote:
synthjunkie wrote: oh ok, thanks! i don't know why it doesn't show up on my handheld Casio electronic kanji dictionary that I bought when I was living in Japan. Very strange...Each kanji comes up separately, but not as a unit. And the "gen" usually comes up as the other "gen" kanji without the water marks to the left of it, which also means origin.

I never knew you can use that to mean track. Track is usually writtten in katakana, borrowing from the English word and written as such: torakku トラック. So both be used to mean track?

Anyway, I think you have mistaken Darkholme's post with mine. In where it says the following, where it is not talking about SEB 223, but just how Avex's starting point all began with Super Eurobeat. And about how it has sold more than 10 million CDs (1000万):
avexの原点、全ては「SUPER EUROBEAT」から始まった。累計売上げ1000万枚以上を誇るダンスミュージックの最高峰、最新作! 箔仕様

What I posted does talk about SEB 223.
Look again:

avexとともに歩み続けた「SUPER EUROBEAT」シリーズ通算223タイトル目のCD。様々なシーンのBGM、ダンスカリキュラム、エクササイズ、クラブイベントに最適な楽曲や、イタリア直送の人気レーベルからの最新(2013年時)音源なども収録

see it? let me narrow it down from above statement:
right here: 「SUPER EUROBEAT」シリーズ通算223タイトル目のCD.
"Super Eurobeat series compilation (literally: sum up) 223rd titled CD."
Then goes on to say about how it is suitable for use for club events, excercise, etc, and then ends in saying how will contain the labels newest tracks, (from the year 2013) as well as 音源, etc. to be recorded (containing)
レーベルからの最新(2013年時)音源なども収録
Oh sorry, It means "song" about "音源" :-)
So "レーベルからの最新(2013年時)音源なども収録" means
"This CD is included 2013's new songs from the labels".

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Apr 2013, 07:18

Basically that means we should be getting new 2013 material from all labels. No more older stuff. At least that's what I understand.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 16 Apr 2013, 23:01

How about we just wait and see lol...
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 17 Apr 2013, 04:37

Yeah "new" songs can take on a pretty equivocal meaning. Manga Super Robot, for example, was new to Japan when it got released on SEB 191, even though it was released independently a year earlier on iTunes, not to mention produced way back in 2001.
ImageImage

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 17 Apr 2013, 08:30

thejti wrote:How about we just wait and see lol...
What a great idea! :P

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Apr 2013, 18:05

MKwiakaku wrote:
thejti wrote:How about we just wait and see lol...
What a great idea! :P
I think he's agreeing with you. =/
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 17 Apr 2013, 19:59

Oh really? You wouldn't say...

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 17 Apr 2013, 23:34

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Apr 2013, 06:58

4 pages of discussion and still not one confirmed track :|

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 18 Apr 2013, 07:26

drnrg wrote:4 pages of discussion and still not one confirmed track :|
Hopefully soon, since it comes out in the middle of may

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Apr 2013, 16:26

Releases are coming every two months. So, don't expect anything in the month in-between releases. /youdontsay
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Apr 2013, 04:56

Lebon 14
Releases are coming every two months. So, don't expect anything in the month in-between releases. /youdontsay
Right, but in the past, we have or get some kinda leaked information. I wonder why so secretive for this new volume. :? I mean; May is just a few weeks ahead.

Even Darksky throw us some hints here and there. Even the Fcaebook regulars have some kinda insite.

Anyway, I'm glad that there is some new HRG Attack news. That ; at least, confirms there appearance on 223

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Apr 2013, 08:32

However drnrg, that was in the past. Looking in the present, it looks like we won't have any definitive list until a week or so before release. I've noticed that, starting from the 190s, it took longer and longer before getting official tracklists. These days, we even need to wait until release day to get samples (from iTunes of course...). So, yeah.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!