Artists with that personal touch...

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Artists with that personal touch...

Post by the_ditz » 20 Jan 2007, 21:00

Have you ever received something personally yours from a Eurobeat artist?

I remember emailing SCP a while ago to ask if "Babyface" by Pamsy would ever be released, and although they couldn't guarantee that cos it's Avex's property now, they did promise to get something special sent to me instead.

That was ages ago, and to be honest I'd forgotten all about it. So imagine my joy when I returned home from work yesterday and found a letter on my doormat from Evelina Somenzi apologising for the delay (they've been refurbishing the SCP studio apparently) and a personal signed photo of Pamsy with a personal note to me from her!! I was speechless - she's such a little sweetheart, and this personal little touch just makes me love her even more!!

SCP are without a doubt my favourite label, and it's so awesome that they take the time to give me such a personal memento that I can treasure forever! :D

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 20 Jan 2007, 23:47

When I visited there about two years ago, they gave me a shirt and lanyard that they'd given out at Osaka earlier that year. And Evelina's usually really good with returning email.

Jion

Post by Jion » 21 Jan 2007, 00:25

I have been a huge fan and they are my favorite label. Everything they do is magic to me and I've thoroughly been waiting for them to take over the number one position on SEB!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 Jan 2007, 01:30

Have you ever received something personally yours from a Eurobeat artist?
Lots of love, support, and a friendship from my favorite Eurobeat Artist, Domino. It's more than I could have ever asked for. :)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 21 Jan 2007, 03:05

Basically I got the same as the_ditz; signed photograph of Pamsy and a personal note. Only difference is it was via e-mail, which I didn't mind. I was very happy to receive a reply from her. :p

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 21 Jan 2007, 07:21

Yeah, SCP ppl are really nice ! ! ! :D I was pleasantry surprised when I
found Nicola Mansueto's message on my blog.

I got a video from Bratt Sinclaire. Unfortunately, I never could watch it, though.
Matteo Rizzi sometimes leaves messages for me on my blog, which
is much appreciated. Also Giuliano Colosio gave me his personal pics and
Nicola Arvati (he's not a eurobeat producer anymore, though) told me
some very interesting inside stories of eurobeat scene. :twisted:

And from Roberto Gabrielli I received indescribable things.*lol*

Also a note from Sergio Dall'Ora.

That's about it.

Oh, I forgot to mention this.
A mushroom pizza from Laurent G. Newfield :lol:
Last edited by oresama-chan on 22 Jan 2007, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Jan 2007, 07:24

As a matter of fact, Yes! A few TIMES.

Fred Ventura= Letter & signed photograph back when he sang "Magic & Joy- Pleasure & Pain.

Gino Caria= Letter tahnking me for all the praises I gave him back when he sang on TIME.

Federicco Rimonti= 4 records and a photograph of him and his Red Feffari.

Lucky The Nice(HRG Attack)= Signed photograph and record "Listen To My Mystery.

Laurent Newfield= E-Mails from TIME to TIME and a special message during the lyrics contest.

Pete Burns(Dead Or Alive)= signed 12' of "You spin Me Round" back when he played Circus Disco in Hollywood.

Bobby O= 4 12's signed & autographed by him personally back when he played at Casa Camino Real.

Anyway being a Dee Jay back in the 80's had its perks :D

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 22 Jan 2007, 01:52

By my most favorite: Davide Di Marcantonio. Truely a great man with amazing talents :D .

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 22 Jan 2007, 03:18

About a year ago I had first heard Drivin' Crazy by Ace which I completely adored. After hearing the song I visited Ace's page on the SCP site and ended up sending him an email about how much I adored his vocal work in his songs. Not long after I received a reply from him giving me his thanks. =)

I dunno if it was really him but I'd like to think it was because it makes me love him that much more. :oops:

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 22 Feb 2007, 15:22

A personal e-mail from Dave Rodgers with a thanks for being a fan.

A free cd from Franz Tornado with an autograph and apologies for being so late with sending it! :o

Hm... I heard MKwiakaku got invited over to the SCP studio's... If I did had the cash I'd pay a visit! *Italy isn't that far away...*
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 Feb 2007, 19:01

Well I've been in contact with the SCP studios quite a few times, mostly to thank them for their hard work and brilliant productions. When I was working on my Fastway fanlisting I was also kindly given a photo of Ennio to use for the fanlisting.
Was a very pleasant surprise. That just reminds me that I really should go to renewing the content of the fanlistings that are totally outdated :<.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 23 Feb 2007, 00:28

I've had my moments as well.
- I recieved e-mails from both Christian Codenotti and Ennio Zanini - both exceptionally nice and talented men... those made my day~
- Luca Torchiani complemented my looks, which was a unique but thoroughly positive experience. haha
- Gotten some messages from Laurent Gelmetti before.
- Andrea Leonardi responded to some stuff I wrote...
- E-mailed A-Beat C a few times... never got any detailed responses, though.
- Evelina Somenzi at SCP is just awesome. :D

All messages, e-mails, etc. I live on the other side of the world [almost literally]. So that's fine. :wink:
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 23 Feb 2007, 03:28

Toni wrote:Hm... I heard MKwiakaku got invited over to the SCP studio's... If I did had the cash I'd pay a visit! *Italy isn't that far away...*
Haha true. I send the SCP folks a mail once in a while, and they always reply. And last Christmas I had a few Christmas cards left, so I sent one to Italy. XD
They sent me a mail back and said that I could hop by if I was around. Too bad Italy isn't just a half hour drive. ;(

And my best friend said he had some contacts with Hi-NRG Attack. Don't ask me for details, tho. I'm not such a big fan of mr. Tornado ;X

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: Artists with that personal touch...

Post by Ronald » 01 Apr 2007, 15:36

the_ditz wrote:Have you ever received something personally yours from a Eurobeat artist?
Yes, it starting a long time ago! I think in the late eighties. A personal letter by Giancarlo and Domino after I have send them a letter. Also a postcard from Mantova.
Then ofcourse with the help of Marcello (Marc B), twice a visit to Mantova.
I have been treated the Italian way ...... meeting Sandro Oliva, Alesio Milani (Nick Key), Nuage, Mickey B, Stefano Brandoni (Digital Planet), Elena Gobbi, Annerley Gordon (went to diner with us ... at that time she was not working for ABEATC at all), Ken Lazslo, Marco Manzi, Luigi Raimundi and Raf and much more people! Thx to Marcello! but mainly ofcourse thx to Giancarlo Pasquini!
Also I met then the wonderful people of SCP! Ennio & Christian came on their 'free' saterday to the studio! Later that evening a diner together with Evelina, Stefano and Giancarlo e Franci. Yes, I know I'm a lucky man!
And then currently once in a while a sms to Giancarlo. So I send Dave a sms last week after I did receive SEB 174 from my all time Japanise friend Hiroshi Ide! I was very happy with the sound of MEGA NRG MAN, DIGITAL PLANET (wonderpiece), NUAGE and ofcourse 'Make up your mind'.
And then ........ my cell phone rings late in the evening. Giancarlo Pasquini on the phone! What a massive surprice!
A quick conversation about Eurobeat and some personal matters while he was on his way to Frankfurt.
So for me again a signal from a friend who I hope to meet again this year!

A happy Eurobeat fan :D

Ronald.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 01 Apr 2007, 19:17

I emailed Luca Torchiani this past week. He was very excited to hear from an American Eurobeat fan. He's going to send an autographed picture of him for me. I'm very excited.