Para Para exhibition at an Con. Need routine suggestions...

Wave your arms from side to side, do the parapara all!
Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 23 Mar 2007, 17:24

d-tan wrote:Anime convention panels I think should lay off the 3rd boom (98~01) dances and start using newer ones.
Quoted for truth. My thought process is, either people don't know parapara and it doesn't matter if you use new or old ones, or the people who know some know these routines (at least the game ones). Plus, people may disagree with me on this, but even ones around 98-00 sound a bit dated purely from a production stand point. Whether the songs are better or not is debatable, but there's this difference in the production.

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 24 Mar 2007, 02:19

OK, going by what you guys have told me, I've decided to teach only one routine and spend approximately 30 minutes doing it.

d-tan, why should we lay off the 3rd boom? Because it's too outdated?

Thanks for all of the suggestions. For exhibition, what do you guys think about:
(Some DJ feat. Someone, I think) Monkey Dance (because I want at least one crazily weird one)
(Kevin & Cherry) Chemical Love
(Christine) Yeah!
(Lolita) Everybody Dance (3rd Boom, but a very good routine IMO)

They're all newish and I like them all.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 24 Mar 2007, 03:55

I'd say either Yeah! or Everybody Dance. Both were covered by Hinoi (but dear GOD was Everybody Dance BUTCHED AND MOLESTED BY HINOI TEAM)

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 24 Mar 2007, 04:18

FAII wrote:d-tan, why should we lay off the 3rd boom? Because it's too outdated?
Yes, and also because there are many other dances than those from that era.

I like Chemical Love, but for whatever reason, a lot of people seem to do it weird (from all the re-films I see of it). Only do it if you know you can do it well I would say... :3

Your other songs are good though, people would know them (especially Yeah! because of Hinoi Team and Monkey Dance for the bemani fans).
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Mar 2007, 05:03

Mkwaikaiku wrote
Also, watching parapara is really boring for those who aren't familiar with it. Unless you do really cool, fast routines (like Hypercondriac, that's an instant-hit here in the Netherlands), people won't be paying that much attention too long. Keep that in mind, or just keep your exhibition shor
Hmm.. I wonder if this dance is related to the High Energy I used to dance in 85-88 to tunes like "My Heart's on Fire" and "Love Spy"? Hyper Hand movements and compititions with other dancers :D

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 24 Mar 2007, 07:02

FAII wrote:(Some DJ feat. Someone, I think) Monkey Dance (because I want at least one crazily weird one)
Y&Co. aka DJ Boss and DJ Remo-Con. But they used their Y&Co. group alias for that song. :P

Also, I don't know how all those routines go, I only know Monkey Dance. But it's a really funny one, especially when it goes all monkey ;P

And drrgn (hey, you wrote my name wrong too!), I don't know if that's related, because the older techpara routines were a lot slower, even slower than parapara. Also, most paralists now weren't even born, or little babies when you were waving your hands against others ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Mar 2007, 10:29

Ha Ha ! Funny Response. ..and I'm sorry about your name. I used copy and paste, but guess I added one to many syllables(also spelled wrong). :D

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 24 Mar 2007, 14:26

I'm thinking of adding "Pilot is the Hero" to the repertoire. What do you guys think?

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 24 Mar 2007, 16:09

FAII wrote:I'm thinking of adding "Pilot is the Hero" to the repertoire. What do you guys think?
As long as it's only an exhibition, then it's fine. If you tried teaching it, people would want to fall over and die ;3
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 26 Mar 2007, 11:14

For teaching, I think I'm gonna go with one of the easier ones from the 3rd Wave (because I like them and there are plenty of easy ones from back then :P).

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 05 Apr 2007, 17:04

I made a medley of all 5 exhibition songs. This is probably what it'll sound like at the exhibition:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T36ELQH3