Why do they only use women in the cover of SEB cds???

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Captainmoon
Euro To B

Why do they only use women in the cover of SEB cds???

Post by Captainmoon » 28 Mar 2007, 11:07

I know that it could be a silly question but I was thinking why they only use women in the cover of the cds and they never use men. I suppose it is because a sexy woman in the cover could help to increase sells of the cds but I wouldn´t mind if they put a man on the cover. Above all I would prefer pics of the artists but....
What do you think about it?.
Who could ever know you´d be the one to give me what I´m looking for....

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 28 Mar 2007, 11:12

I think it would be cool, per se, if the artist from the first track of a cd was featured on the cover for the 180s or 190s.

We know what most of these artists look like, but it would be cool nonetheless with the color schemes that Avex uses on the front...Black and anouther colour.

Neat idea.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 28 Mar 2007, 13:02

Hell yes, pictures of artists would be cool!

We still haven't seen a single picture of certain artists...
And some of them have been singing Eurobeat for years!

*wishes to see Elena Ferretti and Karen one day* :(

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 28 Mar 2007, 21:27

I wouldn't like it too much if there were males on the SEB covers - I prefer the women on the covers. Having men trying to be all mysterious and sexy would just gay things up. :lol:

I wouldn't mind the artist photos for the cover art on the albums though, regardless of who it is that would be pretty cool. Though, I bet it would be expensive and quite a hassle, trying to get photos such as SEB covers for the from the artists instead of from some random model looking for anything to put in their portfolio.

The thing that makes me laugh though is that the cover art is so... artistic and serious, compared to the material on the album itself. XD I was looking at my ipod, had the cover 175 pop up when ggwywgg and giggled. haha

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Mar 2007, 22:52

I remember something noticed the cd in my stuff one day, and they asked if that was the singer on the front. (it was one of the 140s cds) (I still think those were the best covers)

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 28 Mar 2007, 23:58

It's pretty much gotten to the point where I cant even take the covers seriously. The cover doesnt really tell you what your going to hear, and it has nothing to do with Eurobeat. Maybe sex appeal or something, but why not have Japanese women on the cover for once..

Anyways, my favourite decade for album covers would have to be the 120's. The model that was on most of those covers was gorgoeus, and I thought it was one of the more colorful decades..
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 29 Mar 2007, 00:52

You mean that girl with that really bad blonde wig (?). *shudder*

They did use Japanese girls on some of the Eurobeat Flash covers though...

Hehe, Avex and their strange covers. You should see some of the early House Revolution covers. A lot of them certainly hints to S&M. :lol:

Gawd, I loved the design company (Round Table Associates) they used in the 90s. Too bad they changed companies :(

Jion

Post by Jion » 29 Mar 2007, 01:50

I'm always afraid when the topic of album covers comes up because in one way shape or form the cover of Super Eurobeat Volume 77 comes up and it gets scary lol...
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 29 Mar 2007, 01:58

Shawaazu wrote:You mean that girl with that really bad blonde wig (?). *shudder*

They did use Japanese girls on some of the Eurobeat Flash covers though...

Hehe, Avex and their strange covers. You should see some of the early House Revolution covers. A lot of them certainly hints to S&M. :lol:

Gawd, I loved the design company (Round Table Associates) they used in the 90s. Too bad they changed companies :(
It might be a wig, but she's still good looking.
Oh yeah how could I forget about 77? We need more milk on girls faces these days... :twisted:

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 29 Mar 2007, 02:19

redtarzanboi wrote:I'm always afraid when the topic of album covers comes up because in one way shape or form the cover of Super Eurobeat Volume 77 comes up and it gets scary lol...
Wait for drnrg. It's him that does that mostly. haha

But on topic-
I don't mind the female models since it's what Avex has been doing for so long. Men on the cover wouldn't be a bad thing (for sure!) but it's not 'SEB'-ish then... You think of cheesey, sometimes odd looking females on the covers. That's just how it has come to be.

Frankly, I don't think I care. If I like the songs, I buy the album.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 29 Mar 2007, 02:54

I stole it from Shawaazu's 176 post.

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 29 Mar 2007, 02:55

Didn't SEB use a man once? (checking)...
Just kidding! But The Best Of Non-Stop SEB 1994's cover lady looks very manly XD

OT - Speaking about scary covers, why doesn't anyone talk about vol. 10?? IT'S A FREAKING BARE BUTT!!!
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 29 Mar 2007, 02:56

Now Dancemania Bass series. THOSE were scary covers.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Mar 2007, 03:55

sadie wrote

So tru! :D
I do not want guys on my cd covers unless they appear with a female model suggestively having to do with SEX. Like I said ,I never like the P.C. generated girls in the 130's, but the latest Goth looking chicks seem to work for me.
So what you guys think of my idea for a girl/boy cover? Any takers? 8)

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 29 Mar 2007, 05:03

drnrg wrote:sadie wrote

So tru! :D
I do not want guys on my cd covers unless they appear with a female model suggestively having to do with SEX. Like I said ,I never like the P.C. generated girls in the 130's, but the latest Goth looking chicks seem to work for me.
So what you guys think of my idea for a girl/boy cover? Any takers? 8)
As long as there are no Sticky white substances involved, go for it.
And PC Generated? :shock: