Power Metal is exactly like Eurobeat? (Song enclosed)

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Power Metal is exactly like Eurobeat? (Song enclosed)

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 23 May 2007, 23:02

Hi! I'm new here... and I just got this project RAINBOWDRAGONEYES going recently. I (Eriku) do all the production and my share of the vocals, and Shiyanon sings lead most of the time.

This is a (Eurobeat?) arrangement of the Finnish power metal band SONATA ARCTICA's song "Wolf And Raven." This song was actually started in March, abandoned for awhile, and completed the other day after deciding it was good enough to cut vocals.

I don't know if you would call it Eurobeat, but EB plays a heavy influence in everything I do. As I progress I seem to be getting better and better sounds.

Anyway, you could go here:

http://www.myspace.com/rainbowdragoneyes

or here for the direct link to download:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/24/ ... 0Raven.mp3

Please leave me your critiques!!! I know there are a few mixing things that need to happen but let me know what you think!

Thanks!

dance and party,

Eriku

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 29 May 2007, 02:31

Sounds pretty good. The guitar sections are really solid and well recorded. The vocals seem a bit muffled, especially the male's. The female sounds like she's doing a really good job, but she should be sitting more in front of the mix. The synth solo in the middle sounded nice, but the rest of the synth sounds felt a bit thin, you could possibly use some fatter sounds for a better feel for the song. Also, the piano was possibly a bit too reverbed?

I'd say it's good as a speed mix, or a techno mix, not too sure about a eurobeat mix. It doesn't really follow the structure, and it's missing some elements, like the one really solid synth line.

Again, sounds pretty good. If you're going for eurobeat, again, get that synth line in, and really let the vocals shine through.

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 29 May 2007, 02:38

Kool deal, thanks for the feedback!

Yeah like I said this was started in March, and never really finished. It's more of just a dance cover of that song. Actually there are no recorded guitars, everything was sequenced. And as for the vocals, I agree on the male part, but as for the female part that could just be my shitty pre-amp at work :)

The things we are working on now sound more eurobeat-y, they will be streamed from our [gay]space site upon completion, information on purchasing/downloading is pending.

Thanks again for listening!

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 29 May 2007, 02:57

Ha, yeah, listening to it now I can tell the guitars are sequenced. Shows how good my ear is. :P

I wouldn't say it's the pre-amp for the female vocals, but more there's still a little more you could do to get them to stick out, I think.

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 02 Sep 2007, 20:15

Really cool stuff... seems to fit my tastes well [videogames, eurobeat, and power metal]! Theres a definate add from me in your future...
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 03 Sep 2007, 03:07

haha bitchin!! thanks so much.

The new shit is going to bury this though, I just wish my workload wasn't so huge or I would be finishing it sooner. But I'm never one to rush perfection.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Oct 2007, 22:26

Isn't the vocalist for Rhapsody a Eurobeat artist? I thought I heard something to that extent recently...

...interesting to see two of my interests so inter-twined. (Not since I heard of that Japanese pop idol that collaborated with Oingo Boingo...)

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 17 Oct 2007, 22:35

Wow, that would be incredible if he was... I don't believe it though. Also, Manuel (esp. "got to go") sounds VERY power metally.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Oct 2007, 22:43

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES wrote:Wow, that would be incredible if he was... I don't believe it though. Also, Manuel (esp. "got to go") sounds VERY power metally.
He DOES~! It's those high, gravelly vocals, which I LOVED in Gas Gas Gas (Power Metal Remix PLZKTHX?).

And, here's the thing I was talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Lione
Goes under J. Storm with ABeatC, or, at least, used to. Figures, two genres as awesome as these can't be TOO far apart. :3

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 17 Oct 2007, 23:49

Holy shit, you're right! This is ridiculous!!!! It's even on his official website!!! I had no idea!! So good!!!

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 18 Oct 2007, 05:16

And Powerful T. (Roberto Tiranti) is the vocalist of Italian Power Metal band Labyrinth:

http://www.robertotiranti.com/

Also, I strongly believe Manuel sings for some rock/metal band, but it's hard to find out as we don't even know his real name... :(

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 18 Oct 2007, 05:21

Cheeseman, that alias list in your sig.. very informative... also Manuel looks exactly as he should!! How in the world did you compile this?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Oct 2007, 05:24

Now if only we could rope members of Dragonforce and Sonata Arctica into doing some Eurobeat... or, better, have THEM do a duet with Danny Elfman or something...

...oh wow. I think my head just exploded with joy.

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 18 Oct 2007, 05:25

I think you are my new best friend.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 18 Oct 2007, 12:22

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES wrote:Cheeseman, that alias list in your sig.. very informative... also Manuel looks exactly as he should!! How in the world did you compile this?
A lot of people have contributed to that list, and some of them (like me) are simply really, really into Eurobeat vocalists. ^^

Oh, and by the way...
Since you seem to know quite a bit about metal, maybe you could recognize the voice of Ace Warrior?
He's another A-Beat C mystery, and nobody has managed to identify him so far.
There used to be a belief that it's Tobias Sammet of German band Edguy, but he denied it himself (in a not very polite manner...)