Super Eurobeat 181

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Sep 2007, 06:38

I can enjoy some of TIME's productions (yes, I did enjoy Heartbreaker 2007), but overall it seems like the majority of people would rather pass that label on for SCP and GGM. It's really pretty unfair that A-Beat C and TIME still dominate half of the entire album simply because they're the first labels to appear on the series. Time moves on, and their phases of success have clearly passed on.

The rest of the labels are at least able of producing a solid variety of tracks; aside from the disco tracks, which don't even really stick out that much, most TIME tracks aren't really anything new or exciting to me because they don't take many chances and aren't very original. The fact that the label releases a cover on every single SEB compilation is already utter proof of that.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 29 Sep 2007, 08:13

#Infinity wrote:I can enjoy some of TIME's productions (yes, I did enjoy Heartbreaker 2007), but overall it seems like the majority of people would rather pass that label on for SCP and GGM.
What majority? I generally don't write reviews here because I think reviews are boring ('What? Someone likes THAT song? How is that possible?') but here we go for this time only:

Jeurobeat's small SEB 181 review
VERY GOOD: 1, 4, 7 (1 Delta, 2 Time)
GOOD ENOUGH: 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 13 (1 SCP, 1 Delta, 2 HRG, 2 TIME)
NOT GOOD: 10, 11, 14, 18 (2 SCP, 2 AbeatC)
BAD: 12, 15, 16, 17 (3 AbeatC, 1 GGM)

I left out track 6 (Cherry) because I don't like the original. Production wise, the cover falls into the category GOOD ENOUGH, but song wise, I don't like it.

You can see that to me, DELTA and TIME are the best. I'm glad that TIME still has 4 songs each SEB. Giving up those spots for SCP or GGM? No way! Even though I respect their work, most of their songs don't even get near the quality of TIME in my opinion. Some of SCP and GGM songs are outstanding ofcourse, but most of them are not better than any TIME track.
It's really pretty unfair that A-Beat C and TIME still dominate half of the entire album simply because they're the first labels to appear on the series. Time moves on, and their phases of success have clearly passed on.
Not at all. Since Leonardi left A beat C, they already should have gotten less space, so that waste has been there for ages. 1997-2006 wasn't the best decade for A beat C, but I think they've actually improved recently! Even though I don't really like what they had for vol. 181, but in general their quality improved :)

TIME on the other hand only had its short bad period in 2004 I guess.
The rest of the labels are at least able of producing a solid variety of tracks; aside from the disco tracks, which don't even really stick out that much, most TIME tracks aren't really anything new or exciting to me because they don't take many chances and aren't very original. The fact that the label releases a cover on every single SEB compilation is already utter proof of that.
That doesn't prove a thing, even though I'm not too fond of those remakes. It's all a matter of opinion. One likes this, another one likes that. I'm glad that good songs are still being made!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Sep 2007, 09:27

#Infinity
it seems like the majority of people would rather pass that label on for SCP and GGM. It's really pretty unfair that A-Beat C and TIME still dominate half of the entire album simply because they're the first labels to appear on the series. Time moves on, and their phases of success have clearly passed on.
WRONG. It seems like the majoraty is only your own little cd player. I believe the labels have thier fair cd space experience wise. ABeatC has taken a temporary blow with recent change in staff, but Giancarlo always bounces back and TIME..well they havn't lost a stroke of genious since, Artrium- Funny Dancer(FYI, that's the very first record they produced) 'nuff said 8)

Really some of you , with the comments you make, just make me laugh :D

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 29 Sep 2007, 09:36

I am on the camp who would rather balance the albums to feature labels evenly and not give more space to Time & A-Beat C when it comes to the current situation. If we take a step back in time a few years A-Beat C still was pushing refreshing and DIFFERENT tracks out, now they seem to be stuck with a similar style for most of their productions which has caused the edge to vanish from their productions.

Time as a whole, they have their high points (such as seen on 179 and few assorted other points). But no matter what you say about the level of their songs (See: Rose, Alexis, Helena and this array), can you honestly say they offer much variety? A totally objective point of view to the situation? I know there are people who like this style a lot, but still it also leaves out all of the people who never enjoyed the original style to begin with.
And here is what I would really hope: Variety, I honestly can't tell any of the Alexis, Rose, Helena and similar songs from the past few years apart from each other. They all share totally similar sounds, lyrics, melodies and atmosphere in general. If we take an example from further back in time, the first thing that comes to mind is Rose - This Is My Song (For You) which stood out as something way different than most of the other songs under the title. And those times are when I do love the label, but getting stuck to redoing the same over and over just won't cut it for me.

A brief compendium of the Time female tracks (of this similar style) from the past 2 decades can be seen below. (And yes I didn't include Magika, Dany & The other women, but the fact is that these productions just are different and refreshing in comparison)

Rose - Over The Sky
Rose - Magic Rainbow
Rose - Perfect Time 2007

Alexis - Blue
Alexis - One Night In Tokyo
Alexis - Beautiful
Alexis - Night Prayer

Vanessa - I'm Ready
Degaz Feat. Vanessa - Stand Up

Helena - Night Harmony
Helena - Melodies Of Love 2007
Helena - Your Love Is Melody
Helena - Lonely Night 2006

Sophie - Touch Me Touch Me
Sophie - My World 2006
Sophie - Drive In The Night

The only songs that really were noticable (and) different were every time either remakes or covers (in good and bad). Out of this array of list, the one song that wasn't a cover or a remake that stood out was Stand Up and that was primarily for the reason that it simply was different than the other songs, and that I do value a lot more than recycling the same thing a 100 times.

And an addition. While I do know that the Time women aren't by no means the only ones who tend to do the same thing over and over again, but I feel that with these examples it stands out by far the easiest.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 29 Sep 2007, 11:44

Yeah so much for lacking fresh air in some of these labels, hence that is why I always support the underdog labels. Dima, Blast, GGM, and Akyr seems to have a fresh unique sound that simply blows my mind. I guess innovation slows down after a label has been sitting around for more than a decade (*cough* TIME).

Though, on the side note: I LOVE GAS GAS GAS...this is the epitomy of what Eurobeat should be; a full rich track with heavy beats, flaring synths with catchy hooks and a screaming guitar along with appropiate sound effects (in this case...car sounds :!: ). Manuel is simply the best in this track! Simply the number one track of 2007 for me! Major props to GGM! Thank you for gracing us with such a splendid work! Keep up with the marvelous quality! :grin:

I wish I could email Oliva to shower him with compliments for this song!
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 29 Sep 2007, 12:03

Who is Olivia?

I know Sandro Oliva produced Gas x 3, but he is male, so...hmm lol

Jion wrote:Is that the actual pic of Jay Lehr?
No, this is Marco Dapper from "Eating Out 2". :P
Last edited by oresama-chan on 29 Sep 2007, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Jion

Post by Jion » 29 Sep 2007, 12:22

Thats a cool cover you made Oresama. Is that the actual pic of Jay Lehr?
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 29 Sep 2007, 14:44

marco dapper 8)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Sep 2007, 16:14

#Infinity wrote:If only AVEX would drop A-Beat C and TIME (or at least reduce their number of tracks to far less than half the album), they'd be hitting the jackpot with every release of Super Eurobeat.
Agreed! ...and Delta along. SCP, Hi-NRG Attack, Go Go's Music and Saifam FTW.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 29 Sep 2007, 18:24

Dear god no. Dropping Delta would just be mean and evil. I know you hate Clara and Rancati, but damn, that doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 29 Sep 2007, 18:27

oresama-chan wrote:Who is Olivia?

I know Sandro Oliva produced Gas x 3, but he is male, so...hmm lol

Jion wrote:Is that the actual pic of Jay Lehr?
No, this is Marco Dapper from "Eating Out 2". :P
Opps my mistake :x . I was way too fried at that hour, thanks for noticing that critical error :grin:
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 29 Sep 2007, 18:53

This is why Avex needs to give 3 spots to each label. Or...for GODSSAKES, bring in a new label.

Look, we all know the reality that TIME & A-BEAT C will not get dropped because they have been with Avex forever. Yeah, TIME has had good songs in the ancient past and the recent present, but is this a label that the majority of eurobeat fans even care to listen to?

We never see the TIME singers promote themselves like A-BEAT C, DELTA, SCP, or HI-NRG ATTACK (where were they on the 170 DVD messages?).

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 29 Sep 2007, 19:05

It's funny to see that all these SEB-xxx topics end up in label fights. These topics all follow the same structure:

1. partial track listing/speculation
2. full track listing
3. speculation about what songs are good and bad
4. previews and comments
5. reviews of the actual cd
6. label bashing
:cry:
I think I'll skip these topics after step 2 in the future :evil:

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 29 Sep 2007, 20:11

Agreed. We do tend to get to that sort of discussion every SEB 1## thread that comes along... maybe we should devote a thread to "Label Fight" or something?

(Before that, though, here's my two cents...

...yes, ABeatC has been slipping, as has Time (albeit less noticably on my end... I'm not too familiar with them to begin with). And, I agree that their space on the SEBs should be cut a tad shorter. But does this truly mean that they should be DROPPED from Super Eurobeat? Couldn't this just be a case of taking these labels for granted, in a sense? They've delivered quite a few memorable hits over the span of the Super Eurobeat compilations, why would we cry out for their disposal the instant they cease to be absolutely top-hat? If SCP (only used here for sake of example) started to produce poor tracks, would we cry out to have THEM taken off? What about any of the other labels currently on SEB?

Perchance we should give them some time (no pun intended) to figure things out, fix things up, try new things that get varied levels of approval from the fans. If things REALLY aren't shaping up 10 Super Eurobeats from now, maybe then it should be time for old labels to fade. SAIFAM was at least given that much of a chance; maybe we should offer that last incentive to the other (former) pioneers of Eurobeat.

I understand that not every label is everyone's favorite (for some of us, more obvious than most), and that favorites of any given "majority" can fade into inferiority, but to cry out for deletion on those grounds alone is a bit much.

...who knows? Maybe Pasquini could have a contest or something; have a song-writing/composing contest and utilize that to his advantage, or something like that. Personally, I think ABeatC and Time still have some fight in them.

Then again, maybe their fading was inevitable. They HAVE produced some wicked (good) tracks for nearly 20 years now. That's a long span to fill with original, high-quality songs.

<If>

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Sep 2007, 23:25

Really guys, I don't mind all of the present labels being on the series; variety is a good thing. But the way AVEX sets everything up doesn't seem very well-balanced for the general audience of Super Eurobeat. Let's face the fact; some people enjoy TIME and A-Beat C the most, and I have no problem with that. But you can't deny the fact that most of their recent productions tend to recycle old elements most of the time, as Bore stated. Their repetitive styles simply don't lend themselves to owning the most room on every CD, so after a while, I'm really tired of hearing the same typical material from artists such as Elena Ferretti, Dave Rodgers, etc. over and over again.

Even being a fan of Hi-NRG Attack over most other labels, I can honestly say that most of their songs definitely tend to sound the same as well, maybe even moreso than TIME (although they are improving steadily in that matter; OTRATTS was a nice surprise for example), but they typically only get 2 songs per album, which should really be fair enough for those who enjoy their works and those who get sick of it. This isn't the case with A-Beat C and TIME. 5 songs from SEB 181 were from A-Beat C, while 4 were from TIME (must I also add that 3 of the 4 TIME tracks were all sung by Elena Ferretti). Not everyone enjoys the type of music they put out, so to release their songs at a constant rate over the other labels causes their work to appear as filler to everyone aside from devoted fans of them such as you, drrng.

AVEX needs a steady balance for everyone who enjoys eurobeat, and right now it seems that their favor is particularly to those who don't become tired of listening to the same generic material from TIME and A-Beat C over and over again. Go Go's Music is rapidly gaining popularity, yet they still tend to receive about as much space on an album as Vibration had back during the 140's and 150's, so I think they should definitely step in with at least 3 tracks per album, leaving A-Beat C at 2. Furthermore, SCP and Delta could easily feature one more track each to replace half of TIME's releases.

If you really like A-Beat C and TIME, just look at it this way - if AVEX included fewer tracks of theirs, the ones that do show up will undoubtedly be their best ones.