Delta On iTunes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Apr 2008, 19:12

I reckon that's *slightly* harsh on "I Need A Hero" - even if it does borrow from another track, it still has an excellent melody, good vocals and a mega-catchy synth hook. It's one of my faves on EBM vol.17 - although it fails to reach the dizzying heights of Super Rider for me...

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 21 Apr 2008, 00:12

Jay wrote: You do realise that Avex listens to the productions and (possibly) proposes alterations before licensing them, right? You make it sound like Avex needs to license the tracks first before being allowed to critique.

I'm surprised that Avex hasn't used "My Stars" yet since it's such a stellar production. Is that better?
no need to get snippy :idea:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Apr 2008, 09:44

#Infinity
Why am I the only person who dislikes Mark Astley's style?
Yeah, I've noticed that about you. Rainbow, Iron man, I Need A Hero. All bottom of the list for you. If my memory serves me well; Mediocre was the word you used? Maybe Luca's vocal and music style just doesn't fit your liking? While we are at it, what did you think about Turbo Disco and Dangerous Speed Cars. Both Luca.

I've been think about actually reviewing this E.M. 17 compilation , since for me it put to shame SEB 186. Any takers?

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

extended

Post by newfield » 21 Apr 2008, 10:08

just one question folks,is there any Delta stuff not seen on Juno or IMS that you'd like to request?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Apr 2008, 10:32

newfield
just one question folks,is there any Delta stuff not seen on Juno or IMS that you'd like to request?
Off the top of my head, I can think of
Elvis- Ride The Lion
Elvis- Music Over. Actually I would like all the songs that Nando Bonini sang, but there are still quite a bit from the older years, that fans might like on mp3, especailly if they missed out on Vinyl.

Then there are still a few from Euromach that would be nice in extended. Let me see. There is ...Mako -Rain. Big Jim- Why Why

How about an idea for Eurobeat Masters(the Classics)

Vicky Vale- Let me Be Your baby
Marko Polo- Baby Queen Seventeen
Melody- One More Night
Starlett- Without Your Love
Cherry- Yesterday

The list goes on & On. 8)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 Apr 2008, 10:33

Jay wrote:
taQ wrote:I don't think these songs are necessarily not picked up, just haven't been used yet. Read a few pages back about what oresama said about avex wanting Luke's vocals changed since Turbo Disco was originally Luca.
You do realise that Avex listens to the productions and (possibly) proposes alterations before licensing them, right? You make it sound like Avex needs to license the tracks first before being allowed to critique.
I can name a few songs that I could think of. :|

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 21 Apr 2008, 10:53

drnrg wrote:newfield
Off the top of my head, I can think of
Elvis- Ride The Lion
Elvis- Music Over. Actually I would like all the songs that Nando Bonini sang, but there are still quite a bit from the older years, that fans might like on mp3, especailly if they missed out on Vinyl.

Then there are still a few from Euromach that would be nice in extended. Let me see. There is ...Mako -Rain. Big Jim- Why Why

How about an idea for Eurobeat Masters(the Classics)

Vicky Vale- Let me Be Your baby
Marko Polo- Baby Queen Seventeen
Melody- One More Night
Starlett- Without Your Love
Cherry- Yesterday

The list goes on & On. 8)
Aren't those all Sinclaire though? =/

I think we need to write a great big petition to Mr. Sinclaire to follow suit and release all those classics on Juno/iTunes! :D

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: extended

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Apr 2008, 10:54

newfield wrote:just one question folks,is there any Delta stuff not seen on Juno or IMS that you'd like to request?
Yes, in extended versions of course,

Cat - I Will Fly (Delaction Remix)
2 Fast - Burning Up The Night (Total Fire)
Cherry - Yes I Will
Cherry - Rebel Yell
Mark Astley - Super Rider
Melody & Mezzo - Nightshade
Daniel - Full Metal Cars
Marko Polo - Jungle Fever
Cherry - Rain

With this, I might be OK.
;)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 21 Apr 2008, 11:48

newfield wrote:just one question folks,is there any Delta stuff not seen on Juno or IMS that you'd like to request?
on my missed-list thereare songs from Sinclaire.
I hope one day I`ll have Drama - Slave To The Rhythm, Dolores - Someone precious... in extended.

If there`s anything what never released before but on your list, I`d like to see them. 8)
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Apr 2008, 12:22

Ricfiam wrote:Dolores - Someone precious
I'll sign this one as well, Dolores' track is superb.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Apr 2008, 15:18

drnrg wrote:#Infinity
Yeah, I've noticed that about you. Rainbow, Iron man, I Need A Hero. All bottom of the list for you. If my memory serves me well; Mediocre was the word you used? Maybe Luca's vocal and music style just doesn't fit your liking? While we are at it, what did you think about Turbo Disco and Dangerous Speed Cars. Both Luca.

I've been think about actually reviewing this E.M. 17 compilation , since for me it put to shame SEB 186. Any takers?
Yeah, having spoken at length to #Infinity about I Need A Hero last night, it seems he finds Luca's vocals on these tracks too nasally. Personally, I really like his vocal style and think it suits Eurobeat down to a tee.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 21 Apr 2008, 15:36

drnrg wrote:#Infinity
I dunno - first off, let me tell you that I do like Rainbow - it's a really fun, catchy song. I just think it's really weird and hilarious at the same time! :P

And yes, I did like Turbo Disco and Dangerous Speed Cars. The style there was far different from I Need A Hero. Luca sounds far more like Lorenzo Campani in those tracks, which I love (he's got that rugged, aggressive tone to his voice, but not in an ugly, nasally way) - the songs themselves are brilliantly laid-back and fiercely catchy, with very, very good production. Oh yeah, Paul Harris' tracks were also quite nice!

I Need A Hero just doesn't click to me. Its synths/beats lack a punchy bass, Luca's vocals are ugly, and it's hard for it to compete against Music Fever. Bad Bad Bad is an excellent response to Boom Boom Fire, not as effective but still good in Time's style; I Need A Hero follows a direction that doesn't blend with Music Fever's influence smoothly at all and just comes off as a miss for me.
ImageImage

Jion

Post by Jion » 22 Apr 2008, 01:58

Luke isn't Luca Torchiani. Its another singer.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Apr 2008, 05:18

Jion
Luke isn't Luca Torchiani. Its another singer.
Ha Ha! No wonder he sounds different :D

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 23 Apr 2008, 01:01

taQ wrote:
Jay wrote: You do realise that Avex listens to the productions and (possibly) proposes alterations before licensing them, right? You make it sound like Avex needs to license the tracks first before being allowed to critique.

I'm surprised that Avex hasn't used "My Stars" yet since it's such a stellar production. Is that better?
no need to get snippy :idea:
He usually is >_>

In any case, I Need A Hero and My Stars are the definite stand-outs of these unreleased tracks for me. Delta definitely has a LOT of diversity going on these days which is making it one of the strongest labels atm.