Delta On iTunes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 25 Dec 2008, 23:06

Running For the Fame... I almost cried. This song is beautiful. Easily a masterpiece in more contexts than just Eurobeat. If this were converted to a symphony piece, I'd easily buy tickets to hear it.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 25 Dec 2008, 23:32

It's not that good, lol
You better watch yourself!
You better wish you were!
You better keep it cool!

<b>Cause I'm Superbad!!</b>

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Dec 2008, 03:47

Ricfiam
drnrg, would you post the complete info for vol.19 too? I need the credits when I'll attack Juno for them...
Thanks
Surething 8)

1.Super Rider -Mark Astly R.CIPO-P.SANDRINI-L.TORCHIANI IT-B11-07-00578 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
2.Dark Secret Love -Queen 26 M.RIZZI - C.MORONI IT-B11-08-00598 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
3.Rock in the Fire -Roswell A.GILARDI-L.GELMETTI IT-B11-07-00561 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
4.Hello Hello -Delta Queens L.GELMETTI-C.MORONI IT-B11-07-00590 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
5.My Gasoline -Daniel M.RIZZI - C.MORONI IT-B11-08-00597 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
6.Nightshade -Melody & Mezzo Jamie Thompson IT-B11-07-00591 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
7.Rebel Yell -CHERRY B.William-S.Stevens IT-B11-07-00577 BONEIDOL MUSIC-CHRYSALIS MUSIC
8.Running for the Fame -Kimmy R.CIPO-P.SANDRINI-L.TORCHIANI IT-B11-07-00570 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
9.My Oh My -Kimmy R.CIPO-P.SANDRINI-L.TORCHIANI IT-B11-07-00592 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
10.Spirit Of The Night -Daniel M.RIZZI - C.MORONI IT-B11-08-00594 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
11.My Lonely Night -Jimmy Diamond A.GILARDI-L.GELMETTI IT-B11-08-00595 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
12.Before I Go -Paul Harris C.MORONI-L.GELMETTI IT-B11-08-00605 Delta Corporation (ASCAP

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 26 Dec 2008, 04:03

MesdoramElmdor wrote:It's not that good, lol
That's why I said "almost". ;3
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 26 Dec 2008, 07:20

drnrg wrote:Ricfiam
drnrg, would you post the complete info for vol.19 too? I need the credits when I'll attack Juno for them...
Thanks
Surething 8)

1.Super Rider -Mark Astly R.CIPO-P.SANDRINI-L.TORCHIANI IT-B11-07-00578 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
2.Dark Secret Love -Queen 26 M.RIZZI - C.MORONI IT-B11-08-00598 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
3.Rock in the Fire -Roswell A.GILARDI-L.GELMETTI IT-B11-07-00561 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
4.Hello Hello -Delta Queens L.GELMETTI-C.MORONI IT-B11-07-00590 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
5.My Gasoline -Daniel M.RIZZI - C.MORONI IT-B11-08-00597 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
6.Nightshade -Melody & Mezzo Jamie Thompson IT-B11-07-00591 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
7.Rebel Yell -CHERRY B.William-S.Stevens IT-B11-07-00577 BONEIDOL MUSIC-CHRYSALIS MUSIC
8.Running for the Fame -Kimmy R.CIPO-P.SANDRINI-L.TORCHIANI IT-B11-07-00570 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
9.My Oh My -Kimmy R.CIPO-P.SANDRINI-L.TORCHIANI IT-B11-07-00592 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
10.Spirit Of The Night -Daniel M.RIZZI - C.MORONI IT-B11-08-00594 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
11.My Lonely Night -Jimmy Diamond A.GILARDI-L.GELMETTI IT-B11-08-00595 Delta Corporation (ASCAP)
12.Before I Go -Paul Harris C.MORONI-L.GELMETTI IT-B11-08-00605 Delta Corporation (ASCAP
Kingdom! 8)
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 27 Dec 2008, 09:52

A brand new track sung by Clara just popped up on Delta's Eurobeat Masters Myspace - Loving A Woman.
No artist name is given, but I'm guessing Leslie Parrish.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Dec 2008, 22:07

Eurobeat Masters review time - I'm going to keep this relatively brief, but hopefully it will be fairly comprehensive. Oh, and the highest grade I'll be giving is 10!

EUROBEAT MASTERS VOL. 19

01 MARK ASTLEY - SUPER RIDER (05:53)
This track still gives me goosebumps and makes me smile so much when I hear its bouncy synths and incredibly catchy melody. Still the track to beat when it comes to Capaldi's productions - this did everything absolutely perfectly. Heck, I was even tempted to teach myself the parapara moves for it - that's how much I love this song!!
Score: 10

02 QUEEN 26 - DARK SECRET LOVE (05:02)
The guitar bursts and synth siren effects during the intro tell us that we're in for a powerful and energetic track more in the style of Kissy Boom Boom than More Than A Feeling, and that's a good thing. The verse sounds quite melancholy, which adds a bit of interest for me. The bridge into the chorus adds more instantly catchy singalong elements, always with some synth highlights to add interest, and the whole package just flows perfectly. The only part I'm not completely convinced about is the empty beat fills that just seem to be killing time.
Score: 9+

03 ROSWELL - ROCK IN THE FIRE (05:17)
Niko fans rejoice - Delta have taken all of Sinclaire's inspiration reserved for the artist and put it into this piece of 90's Euro, complete with piano riffs and hook that jumps up and down the octaves like a kangaroo. The main appeal for Niko fans is definitely during the verse, which borrows VERY heavily from Night Of Fire's verses. Even the production of these sections is set-up as a tribute to the love-it-or-hate-it Eurobeat legend. The chorus also sounds familiar, but I can't think where I've heard it. The best part of this production for me is the secondary synth hook - it sounds a lot catchier than the main one! Oh, and one more thing - the fact that the lyrics of this track sound like "rock is the fire" due to the vocal delivery will drive you insane!!!
Score: 9

04 DELTA QUEENS - HELLO HELLO! (05:04)
It seems that this track has a lot of people divided. Personally, I love its brash and direct style. Sure it's not the most melodic or most challenging piece of song-writing I've ever heard, but the fun factor is cranked up to the max. I also absolutely adore the piano solo around the 02:09 mark!
Score: 9

05 DANIEL - MY GASOLINE (05:19)
Since I first heard this song back when 191 was released (it seems ages ago!!) it has grown on me a little. The synth sound is rich and the production is one of the better on this release, but I still can't get over the one part of the track that only seems to irritate me. That last line of every chorus where the vocals and backing clash really really badly. It's a shame, as this could have been Daniel's best track.
Score: 8+

06 MELODY & MEZZO - NIGHTSHADE (05:27)
I don't mean anything personally here as I know these guys sometimes visit the forum, but the main issue I have with this track is still the wispy and weak vocals. They just don't seem comfortable around the Delta Eurobeat production. Of course, I can't ignore the woeful synth hook that does nothing for me. So much more could have been done (Shinraikan's remix, for what I heard, was far superior!) but sadly this will never be on my playlist.
Score: 5

07 CHERRY - REBEL YELL (04:25)
I loved the original track and even have the CD Maxi of Scooter's version (yes, I know - Scooter! :D ) but this version has yet to fully grab me. Hearing it on this release is better than when it appeared on SEB (where it was a letdown after Yes I Will) and I think Cherry's vocal delivery is great. It's slowly growing on me...
Score: 8

08 KIMMY - RUNNING FOR THE FAME (05:50)
I'm not going to be as gushing as zoupzuop2 about this track! However, I do think that it continues Kimmy's strong run of tracks, and is perhaps one of her best tracks to date. The synth hook takes me back to My Stars, while the intro chord progression is straight out of a cheesy 80's movie musical (perhaps Fame??) The vocal delivery is very assured, and the end of the bridge is just melodic gold for me - I could listen to those 5 seconds over and over again!! Great bright and sparkly production teamed with the happy singalong chorus and punchy beats makes a winning combination in my eyes!

09 KIMMY - MY OH MY (05:44)
Described by #Infinity as the female answer to Super Rider, I absolutely adore this track. From the piano intro to the pounding bass and into the amazing synth hook. This track has been towards the top of my Eurobeat playlist since its appearance on SEB 185 and it shows no sign of dropping anytime soon!

10 DANIEL - SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT (05:27)
I still don't really get the appeal of this song fully. The vocal delivery and melody sounds a bit too much like so many Time filler tracks over the years, and Daniel sounds a little too sharp for my tastes. A decent track, but nowhere near his best or Delta's males' best...
Score: 7+

11 JIMMY DIAMOND - MY LONELY NIGHT (06:44)
The offbeat bass intro in this track still draws me in, but the rest of the song is still a bit too much of a mish-mash. You have the creepy Hallowe'en type section before the hook, and then the mood seems to instantly raise into a slightly happier a brighter mood, but the vocals are always a little iffy for me. Jimmy Diamond is not my favourite Delta male alias.
Score: 7

12 PAUL HARRIS - BEFORE I GO (06:18)
Okay, for those of you familiar with the Maharaja Night series, I forbid you to listen to the chorus of this track and then deny that it isn't a tribute to I'm In Love With You by Dave Simon from Euro Fire Vol. 26. Seriously - I can't hear anything else! Anyway, onto Before I Go - once again we're going down the route of more retro synths and beats, and for this speedy ballad I think it works. The bridge section in particular draws me in with its gradual ascent to the hands-in-the-air singalong chorus, and the fact that it sounds like a cheesy Eurovision Song Contest entry melodically only adds to its appeal! A unique way to end the album.
Score: 9+

Eurobeat Masters Vol. 20 review will follow when I have the time!!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Dec 2008, 22:57

the_ditz wrote:01 MARK ASTLEY - SUPER RIDER (05:53)
Still the track to beat when it comes to Capaldi's productions - this did everything absolutely perfectly.
Super Rider, along with similarly-produced tracks such as the Kimmy ones, are actually R. Cipiro + P. Sandrini productions; Morris Capaldi is behind tracks such as My Gasoline, Dark Secret Love, and Generation Of Love (don't worry, I had this same confusion before as well).

I really want to love Doctor Love 2009, but I somehow just can't. It's by no means a bad remake, but it's horribly missing something. More than any other track I've heard, I feel that the soundworld is incomplete, like its simply begging for an extra synth layer to support the awesome melodic progression and catchy, hard-hitting beat. The whole song feels like it's going through a breakdown phase, and I just can't get over the fact that it completely lacks a powerful melodic backup, with only a few quiet strings to spare. It's honestly quite a shame, since with a little more work, it could've been a killer remake, but even the original 1995 version has a lot of synth strength and therefore works a lot better, even though it doesn't have the same edge in the beats department.

Overall I enjoyed all of the new songs, but my favorites are definitely Space Invader, Dark Secret Love, Rock In The Fire, and Rock You. Space Invader especially surprised me, since it sounded like it would be fairly irritating based on the chorus sample, but instead it turned out to be one of the strongest, most powerful, and most aggressive Delta presentations I've heard so far, plus it fits Jimmy Diamond's rough, gritty vocals to a tee. Dark Secret Love is spicy-hot Capaldi greatness with awesome vocals, excellent melodic construction, and fantastic production. Rock In The Fire is one of the most unique-sounding eurobeat tracks to date, and the extended-length sabi is simply full of win. Rock You is a spot-on comeback from Claudio Magnani (yay!) with a load of intensity and one of the best melodic progressions from a new-school Delta presentation.

I'm actually considering reviewing both albums this time, and I hope to post some comments within the next few days.
Last edited by #Infinity on 29 Dec 2008, 00:43, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Jion

Post by Jion » 28 Dec 2008, 23:44

Rock In The Fire is an interesting mix of Niko and Elvis (the eurobeat artist that did the song Ride The Lion) styles that really works. Hopefully this isn't an Avex rejected track.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 29 Dec 2008, 04:45

Yeah, I did sort'a gush all over Running For the Fame... I do hold that it's a pretty damn beautiful song though. The melody is captivating. I had a cold when I bought it, so maybe the tears were from a combo of the busy week and my sickness? =P
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Dec 2008, 08:18

Reviewing sounds like fun.
I'll only post my thoughts about the new unreleased songs.

Queen 26- Dark Secret Love. The first I notiuce is how much this song reminds me of Anyway, Anymore. Good vocals and melody. The verses and bridge are not too memorable at first, but that chorus really got stuck in my head, especially the break wich repeats Love me , Give me. It's just right after that ,that the bridge does stand out for the very first TIME. Anyway, Rizzi's synth style is present throughout the song and it really sounds like the female counterpart to a Daniel song. It's pretty much a wild ride up untill that ubrupt outro.
8+/10

Roswell- Rock In The Fire. This one is allready debuting high in my weekly TOP 10. Right from that Intro, you can hear the Gilardi staple sound of low toned vocals. The riff sounds perfect for what would be a song for mako or mad Max back in the Day. Actually the melody in verses are Nite Of Fire, right? Or at least another well known Maurizio song. My avsolute favourit part is the hyper synth being played in the bridge as it's accompanied by raw piano beats. The chorus is such a well known melody that I can't fathom AVEX passing up on the song, but as history has showed us; most of these songs featured on E.M. vols have indeed been passed up by them. For my taste the song is perfect DELTA material and much better than Jungle Fever, but that's just my opinion.
10/10

Kimmy- Running For The Fame. As allready been pointed out to me, the chorus has a well known riff of Victoria's "I Was Born To Be Your Angel" From TIME. I guess that is what right away pulled me into liking this song even more. That and the fact that Kimmy sounds even better than her previous hits. That third synth and the way it's played as she repeats "Fame" sounds really heavenly and I can't help repeating the part over and over. I think someone could make a very nice megamix with thsi Kimmy and the aformentioned Victoria song and produce a real Tear jerker among Eurobeat fans. Not becuase it's a sad melody, but becuase the feeling produced by the synth progression really gets into you. If you really get into the rythm of the song, you know what I mean.
10/10

Paul Harris- Before I Go. Another good song. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I love the effect the drum roll gives. My favorite part of the song is when all the music is dropped and Paul just sings. That would be in the intro and third verse. The third verse produces some percussion that gives the effect that is being played live instead on beat machines. I also enjoyed that. The funny thing is while enjoy all these effects, the song itself wasn't too memorable in the end. I can recall the chorus well, but the rest is lacking something to make it a bonafide Paul Harris hit like Can't Get You Out Of My Heart or Mira La Luna. Kudos for the synth riff, but no points for the unimaginative outro.
7/10

E.M. 20
1. Kevin & Cherry- Doctor Love 2009. Gone is the classic intro from the original with it's subtle pianos and gripping drums. Instead we have some Agressive Guitars , a sung intro , but what I dig is that Newfield kept the sirens. It's blasphamy to omit the sirens, so I'm glad they stayed for the ride. The question is ,does the song work. IMOP ,it works well for the 2000's . If it had been released back then, no. The main reason is obvious. Back in the day the intros ,though more subtle were perfectly introducing and building up to the Riffs. Think songs like Hot Girl, Touch Me ect...Nowadys the power is usually right from the get go. You pretty much allready know what to expect, therfore there is no real initial surprise in the songs. This is one of those songs. What makes it work for me are Kevin's vocals. To some they may sound forced in the verses, but to me it's just that effect of him doing Agreesive vocals that brings the song to life. There are a few other nice soundworlds added in here in there, but it's definatelty Kevin's voocals that do it for me.
9/10

Jimmy Diamond- Space Invader. I like Space themed songs especially those with the "Blackout" intro. I must first say that Gilardi's entrys, esp on these volumes are really good. I think this could easily be one of my favourite Jimmy Diamond songs ever. The riff iss really Aggresssive Hi Energy style and while it may turn off some fans ,I love the way ,the bridge sounds like if from another song. I wanna go back to the riff, because it's really 90''s style to play the Guitar lining the synths melody. The break is also amazing and capturing that "spacey" sound of songs like Big Hole Black Hole and Millenium and as allready mentioned Jimmy's vocals fit that aggresive style perfectly. I love the way he chnats "Space Invader" throughout the song or is that the Profet? Either weay it works and DR. NRG approves 100%
10+/10

Sara- Little Love. This song sounds like another one, but I can't remeber right now. What I like is that it's tru to Sara's DELTA style from the start. You could mega mix it into 5 other Sara songs without doubting who the artist is. You hear aa little Wonderland, I'm Burning Up For You, All I Need Is Love, even her latest Crazy For Love. This is the main reason I enjoyed this track so much. The sounds are not so agressive, but also not too romantic, so it's a nice mixture of Eurobeat styles. ..and who cannot love that bridge with the famous "Never say goodbye" lyric? The break itself wasn't making me "Jizz" my pants nor anything, but it doesn't stray too far from the song's initial atmosphere. Once again I say, we need more imaginative outros. Maybe it's just me?
8+/10

Romeo- Game Over. We are up to one of my favouroite Gilardi trax on the cd. I hear that Speed Lover intro complete with Ahy Ahy's. Romeo kinda sounds like a new vocalist, but I'm probly wrong? This song has all melodies I love. The verses are Mad Max like. The bridge has a D-Essex feel and the Chorus...oooh that chorus sounds 1000% DELTA, but form that golden age, if you catch my drift? those vocals in the break again sound Profet -like. BTW, those of you who remeber Europanic Series ,will recognize the artist name Romeo from Tokyo Nights. I was thinking AVEX skipped this song , so not to be asscociated with Victor label artist names, but I could be wrong.
10/10

Vicky Vale- Italo Beat Boy. We are up to my favourite new DELTA song. I mean this song sounds nothing like the others. It's the diamond in the rough for me. That intro screams 90's italo then wam! we have even more Italo inspired beats and rythems. That percussion sounds like Dr. Money's Love That Body and I'm hearing Gypsy & Queen and Superlove melodies ...and yes!! This song is a certified "Pants Jizzer" in my book. I can still remeber Vicky Vale being one of my favourite aliases since "Let Me be Your baby" so I was hyped even before the song started. Favourite parts are cumming up. The synths right before the riff, the actually break itself and the raw drum beats. Once again a proper Eurobeat break with Italo soundworlds galor. Many applause to Rizzi and Clara for this super mega Italo bomba. I loved every second of this song Up untill that outro with piano accompanyment and accapella.
10++++10

David OFF- Stuck On You. The intro with those little saloon like pianos sounded off fused with that riff, but soon after hearing the chorus, I realize how they fit. At the moment I remeber a David Off songs that I really loved called "Stronger" and "Deep Desire", but aside from that I can't recall being a huge fan. This song would not fall into my favourites. It's one of those songs that doesn't really sound that memorable, especially since the chorus sounds from another world. Even the stuck on you like glue line seemed a bit lazy.The one part I really liked was that mega instrumental part right after verse two. It sounds really cool in the way it's played and could have been saved for a better song. It's a fun song just seems to be missing that final touch to bring it to classic status.
7/10

Mad Max- Rock You. Now we got what sound like Claudio Magnani's comeback hit. I will first say that this song is bound to grow on me, but initially and this might just be me, but I don't hear that super aggressiveness in Claudio's vocals. He sounds very tame compared to Tsunmai Comes or even some of his masterpieces at TIME and HRG Attack, but what draws me to the song is that awesome riff. That is Gabrielli's style and sounds also nothing like the other songs on this volume. Like I said each TIME, I hear the song, I like it a little more, so eventually it will be a 10...because it "Rocks"
9+/10

Marko Polo- Fighter. We are up to this awesome number by Gilardi. It has so much adrenaline in that intro with moans and groans, much like in Fighting from Cody. Why are groans and moans asociated with Fighting? Anyway, this song is also 100% my style. Probly not Marko Polo style that I'm used to, but again, much better that Jungle Fever , so I can't figure why it was passed up by AVEX. Favourite parts comming up. What else' The Whoa Whoa's and aggresive guitars in the break. Why do I keep thinking this is the track Sinclaire should have produced for D-Essex comeback. Anyway, a certified DELTA hit with great vocal work from Marko and an even better and well known Eurobeat rehashed melody. I smell a classic brewing:)
10+/10

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Jan 2009, 08:36

Alright, to kick off 2009, I'm gonna post my review for Eurobeat Masters, Vol. 20:

1. DOCTOR LOVE 2009 / KEVIN & CHERRY: (9)
Okay, at first I thought this was one of the most underproduced creations by Newfield to date, but looking at the positives, there are actually a lot of elements that I really love about it. Though I still wish there were some sort of extra synth layer to back things up, this remake still does great justice to its original counterpart, with stronger beats, quirky sounds, and great vocalwork by Davide Budriessi and Clara Moroni. It's not my favorite on this album, but it did manage to grow on me fairly quickly and will hopefully remain catchy by the time 193 is released.

2. SPACE INVADER / JIMMY DIAMOND: (10++)
After a solid opener, Alessandro Gilardi unleashes one of his heaviest and most groundbreaking male productions ever. Though Jimmy Diamond has sounded a little tedious and uncomfortable in most of his other new tracks so far, this song hits the jackpot and puts his fierce vocals into probably the best use possible. The whole track delivers everything good about hardcore male eurobeat with passionate style, and even though it's less melodic than other releases by the same title, it puts sheer emphasis on the production values that empower the vocals and make them fit. The lyrics are very catchy, and the synth progresses perfectly, focusing starkly on every single note instead of just going all-out crazy rhythmically, still holding enough melodic strength that it stands out as a highlight in the track.

3. LITTLE LOVE / SARA: (8+)
I've always had a very soft spot for Sara. She has very much had her ups and downs throughout her life, ranging from beautiful performances like Wonderland and My Superman, but also weak and overrated ones such as Burning Up For You and You Can Light My Fire. Howevr, she does has some of the cutest and best female vocals in my opinion, and even though she occasionally tries a bit too hard, sounding rather "drunk" while singing, her balance between good and bad songs is still on the positive side for me. Little Love does not showcase her vocals to their best, definitely. She's going so over the place that the piece doesn't sound particularly melodic and thus a tad irritating to my ears. Crazy For Love and Baby Fly were both much stronger performances for her. However, I do still fairly enjoy the track. The descending notes in the intro, reminiscient to Bach Is Back, are a cool addition, and the synth is also nicely-made. The vocals are again not the best, but the melodic structure does pose some nice potential. Overall, this is not as polished as it could've been, but it's still a cute little song to play every now-and-then.

4. GAME OVER / ROMEO: (8+)
Holy smokes, here's yet another new male Delta title! This label sure has a ton of masculity in their vocalist roster. I get a very heavy old-school feel from this track's structual elements and melodic progression, which can be a gift and a curse. The vocals are very much not my favorite, as they sound like they were taken from either a Time or Hi-NRG Attack production and just seem too formally operatic to suit the context of the piece. The basic formula does work fairly well for this track, and the lyrics have all the right flavor to be memorable, but I still feel that a lot more could've been done. It's a catchy and well-produced creation definitely, but in comparison to other male performances in Delta's catalogue, it just feels a bit too predictable and bog-standard to stick out as one of the better male-lead tracks they've put out recently.

5. TONIGHT TONIGHT / KEVIN JOHNSON: (9+)
It still sounds quite strong as it was when I first heard it. Though it's a bit repetitive on-whole, the classic melodic progression and thumped-up backgrounds make it an infectious treat that I can enjoy listening to for ages.

6. ITALO BEAT BOY / VICKY VALE: (9+)
These slower, more italo-style releases are not often tracks that I find myself looping a whole lot to be honest, so I was pleasantly surprised when this track turned out to be one of the more unique and interesting performances under that category. Seeing the Vicky Vale alias finally active again was quite a twist, since along with Suzy Lazy (another Clara alias currently in hiatus), Vicky Vale was almost always associated with Leonardi and not Newfield; the only other Vicky Vale song produced by Newfield is Days Of Thunder, which feels like it should have been listed as a Leslie Parrish track instead anyway. Italo Beat Boy opens up really slowly, buy soon picks up the pace a bit for the better. The pipe synthline adds a really unique dimension to this track's appeal, and the melodic structure is strong and well-crafted. Though it's not quite the type of song I'd rate incredibly high, I can still say that I enjoyed it a lot.

7. GOT TO BE CERTAIN / CHERRY: (7+)
An unnotable, bland, and dull italo-themed Kylie Minogue remake that I've hardly listened to at all since 191. It's not a terrible cover in any way, but it fails to stick out, sadly.

8. DANCE DANCE / CHERRY: (8+)
I still like this song, but it's again not Clara's best in any major way. It's a pretty standard, unsurprising presentation overall, with catchy lyrics and a nice synth, but unexciting melodic elements and hollow production values. Not bad at all, but I'm gonna wait a bit longer for another Clara track to really catch my attention, but for now, her other female companions steal the show in this case.

9. STUCK ON YOU / DAVID "OFF": (10)
At 170 bpm, Stuck On You ties with Crazy For You / Stop Limit Line and the SEB 182 version of Burning Up The Night (Total Fire) for being the fastest eurobeat song in history. Unlike those tracks, however, which are both aggressive and classically fueled, Stuck On You is a very light and happy production that really sounds more like happy hardcore than anything else Super Eurobeat has ever seen. Fortunately, instead of a repetitive, non-melodic disaster like Rebel Yell, Stuck On You shakes up the table quite a bit with infectious substance. The synth melody is exactly what it should be; I love the skip-descending notes that were used, and there's enough variety otherwise that it has a very concise and obvious direction. Unlike the rest of the song, the vocals are delivered fairly mildly, but the smooth effect they add to the production fits excellently because of the top-notch background manipulation. Like Space Invader, I predicted this would be one of my least favorite new tracks based on the sample, but instead it's easily one of my favorites! A delicious package that manages to sound happy, fast, aggressive, and infectiously catchy all in one - yum!

10. GENERATION OF LOVE / PAUL HARRIS: (9½)
Wow, a complete flashback to the 170's decade, back when Morris Capaldi was still a new face to Delta's eurobeat crew since his debut on 169 and I was just beginning to listen to the Super Eurobeat series. Like most Capaldi productions, this track gets a very high rating from me because of its well-rounded attributes in just about all possible areas; the beats are really fresh and punchy, the synths diverse and interesting, and the lyrical work factoring surprisingly well into the complete package. Somehow, like a lot of other productions of its kind, the melodic progression of Generation Of Love has a very heavy Latin feel to it, but that's one of the primary reasons why I enjoy Capaldi's eurobeat offerings so much. Luca Torchiani's vocalwork is outstanding once again, and the catchy main synthline especially stands out as one of the major hooks in the song.

11. ROCK YOU / MAD MAX: (10+++)
Oh god, YES! This song is totally the comeback of the year, without a doubt! Claudio Magnani is finally back, and wow, he sounds even more incredible than ever! Thunderous backgrounds, a super-awesome melodic progression, and of course classic vocals by Claudio himself, this song just screams itself to be a hit, and hopefully it will if Avex ever decides to release it. Space Invader was already an all-out heavy rocker of a eurobeat piece, but Rock You takes the same idea to a completely different level. It's more melodic overall and not quite as heavy or dark-sounding, but with so many key elements implemented perfectly, I can't possibly call this awesome track anything less than groundbreaking. The soundworld of this track is also quite different and fresher than anything else Delta has seen so far, indicating that this song is probably the newest one on both albums, and if that's the case, then I even more can't wait to see what Newfield has in-store for us in the near future. Bravo for such a stellar performance!

12. FIGHTER / MARKO POLO: (9-)
Delta without Marko Polo is basically like SinclaireStyle without Niko/D.Essex, so it's more than pleasant to see that Luca Lanzano apparently has a lot more to offer than just Jungle Fever, which was okay but definitely not the epic comeback of a classic title that I'd hoped for. Even as an entirely new vocalist, Lanzano carries that Maurizio De Jorio vibe in his voice in so many different ways and is definitely a worthy successor to Delta's most famous male alias. Fighter is a nice, straight example of all the right elements that brought De Jorio to fame when he was Marko Polo. It's by no means a masterpiece, but it's still a nice, hard-edged piece with polished-up backgrounds and solid vocals. With a slightly more remarkable melodic structure, this track could have been a jackpot for Delta, but as it stands, it's about on the higher end of eurobeat standards.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 Jan 2009, 10:21

I want Juno so bad...
Newfield said that he sent them 2 weeks before Christmas on there... but they didn't show up yet... I SO want to listen to the new songs :( :cry:
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Jan 2009, 03:09

#Infinity
Alright, to kick off 2009, I'm gonna post my review for Eurobeat Masters, Vol. 20:
Good job. I like the way you showcased all the different vocalists this TIME. 8)

euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Post by euro up north » 10 Jan 2009, 22:25

Has Leilas song "Happy Happy" been released in extended version?
The song is from Euromach 8.

And I am still looking for it. It is a really good song. A very....happy song.