SEB soon to be on iTunes? Anyone else heard of this rumour?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

SEB soon to be on iTunes? Anyone else heard of this rumour?

Post by para_rigby » 30 Apr 2008, 19:54

I was reading on a eurobeat Facebook group that Avex is going to be releasing SEB albums via the Japanese iTunes store. Which is great in only have to buy songs you want for ~2USD.

Anyone else heard of this?
Maybe this will include old SEB songs extended.

I'll put the link up to the group later today...

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Apr 2008, 19:59

Well good for the Japanese. Useless for Americans such as me whom Avex despises with a firey passion. :???:

* Waits for the release of more Vibration, Hi-NRG Attack, + Delta extensions on iTunes and junodownload.com *
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Re: SEB soon to be on iTunes? Anyone else heard of this rumo

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Apr 2008, 21:39

para_rigby wrote:I was reading on a eurobeat Facebook group that Avex is going to be releasing SEB albums via the Japanese iTunes store. Which is great in only have to buy songs you want for ~2USD.

Anyone else heard of this?
Maybe this will include old SEB songs extended.

I'll put the link up to the group later today...
I would support this with <strike>my firstborn child</strike> <strike>all the money I have</strike> whatever it would take. To have the Super Eurobeat albums available on iTunes? The very idea gives me chills, in a good way!
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 30 Apr 2008, 22:03

SEB 186 is already on itunes Japan

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 30 Apr 2008, 22:22

For the curious...

You should be able to get to it if you allow iTunes to switch stores - not sure if that works for everybody (it did for me though).

Irritatingly the songs aren't iTunes Plus so only 128kbps - but still, another avenue for getting extendeds!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 30 Apr 2008, 22:25

Oh and all non nonstop Eurobeat Disney is also there XD

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Apr 2008, 22:56

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

The revolution begins! Americans, commence Avex butt-kissing! We'll get it into Uncle Sam's backyard yet! X3
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Apr 2008, 23:10

I dunno, maybe Super Eurobeat albums will eventually start appearing on the US iTunes - after all, we do still get a lot of music from Avex, including Ayumi Hamasaki's eurobeat remixes.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 May 2008, 01:34

You mean, Canadian iTunes + lossless.
iTunes FTL. Viva Junodownload.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 01 May 2008, 05:28

Lebon14 wrote:You mean, Canadian iTunes + lossless.
iTunes FTL. Viva Junodownload.
Only so much can be done. It's better for sellers to cover a wide spread of locations for people to buy their songs, right?

But whatever. The fact that they're showing up in a massively-accessed store medium to this extent is wonderful news. :)
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 May 2008, 08:00

I'll wait for TIME, ABeatC and some SCP extendeds to be on Juno someday.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 01 May 2008, 12:38

You can just buy an iTunes Japan Music Card from some online store (or just the code, which is what I do) and buy from the Japanese store that way. It's not hard and I've bought many releases from the Japanese iTunes store that way.

I don't know why you would bother though; it's low quality, so you may as well buy the releases from mu-mo which is packed with SEB albums. I wonder when they'll realise nobody gives a shit about 128 kbps anymore.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 May 2008, 13:40

Jay wrote:You can just buy an iTunes Japan Music Card from some online store (or just the code, which is what I do) and buy from the Japanese store that way. It's not hard and I've bought many releases from the Japanese iTunes store that way.

I don't know why you would bother though; it's low quality, so you may as well buy the releases from mu-mo which is packed with SEB albums. I wonder when they'll realise nobody gives a shit about 128 kbps anymore.
I wonder when other people will realise that most people don't really give a toss if the songs are 128kbps or 320kbps and they wish they'd GET OVER IT!! :x

Sorry - that was a bit uncharacteristic of me, but the whole "OMFG quality SUXORS" attitude was old a long time ago. The important thing is to give people more options to be able to download music that can be otherwise difficult for people to get hold of.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 01 May 2008, 13:47

Personally I object to paying the same price for something which is inferior (and noticeably so, to me, quite frankly) to buying the original CD.

But this shouldn't get in the way of people who don't notice that kind of quality difference from buying from iTunes anyway. I certainly agree with the notion that merely having the iTunes option can only be a good thing.

Ironically, of course, from SEB 187 this will all be rather moot because the Extendeds will be on CD anyway! ;)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 01 May 2008, 14:14

the_ditz wrote:I wonder when other people will realise that most people don't really give a toss if the songs are 128kbps or 320kbps and they wish they'd GET OVER IT!! :x
Most people with a working pair of ears can CLEARLY tell the difference between 128 kpbs and 192 kbps, and I'm half deaf in one ear so there you go. As long as it's at least 192 kbps and in a respectable encoding format like LAME (like Saifam), then I don't really mind.

I guarantee you over half of this forum does care about music quality. That isn't arguable.
Last edited by Jay on 01 May 2008, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.