Vocaloids: Reviving niche interest in Eurobeat?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Vocaloids: Reviving niche interest in Eurobeat?

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Jan 2009, 08:23

For those unacquainted, "Vocaloid" is a series of "singing" software in VSTi form (ask any one of us musician-types and we'll fill you in ;3 ), in which each version has its subset of voices; in Japan, these voices have specific characters. The most famous by far is Hatsune Miku. Musicians began making music using these Vocaloid programs a couple of years ago or so, and her popularity skyrocketed when the users of Nico Nico Douga began taking notice of these songs.
More variations of the software are being created, one with English-and-Japanese capabilities (as of yet there are only English and Japanese Vocaloids in the market) is the current unreleased rage.

Needless to say, there's been some fantastic Eurobeat generated with these Vocaloids (if not the other genres as well); take a gander around Youtube with "Vocaloid Eurobeat" or "Super Hatsune Beat" and I think most of us will be pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps this increase in Eurobeat production from the fan side of things is demonstrative of a warming interest in Eurobeat again?

Discuss. :3
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 16 Jan 2009, 09:37

^
God please, I hope this NEVER HAPPENS.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Jan 2009, 10:35

I can't seem to shake off that megatrance bull, but for the most part, the stuff with feirce riffs sounds kinda sweet. I don't dig on the Japanese lyrics cuz I can't understsnd them

some songs I liked were Wish(Eurobeat style)...and that's pretty much it :P

The rest of the stuff sounds like kids and I would have a cow if Eurogrooves, HRG Attack or DELTA ever started making this style music. so no thanks.

After all that I do agree with you that this , as terrible sounding as it may be, shows definate interest in fast style Eurobeat music.

...and I can't stress enuff how much I despise all that animi being related with Eurobeat. If it wasn't hard enuff to market allready, now it's visions are sailor moon and the like...please :-x

WNight
Euroheater

Re: Vocaloids: Reviving niche interest in Eurobeat?

Post by WNight » 16 Jan 2009, 11:52

zoupzuop2 wrote:For those unacquainted, "Vocaloid" is a series of "singing" software in VSTi form (ask any one of us musician-types and we'll fill you in ;3 ), in which each version has its subset of voices; in Japan, these voices have specific characters. The most famous by far is Hatsune Miku. Musicians began making music using these Vocaloid programs a couple of years ago or so, and her popularity skyrocketed when the users of Nico Nico Douga began taking notice of these songs.
More variations of the software are being created, one with English-and-Japanese capabilities (as of yet there are only English and Japanese Vocaloids in the market) is the current unreleased rage.

Needless to say, there's been some fantastic Eurobeat generated with these Vocaloids (if not the other genres as well); take a gander around Youtube with "Vocaloid Eurobeat" or "Super Hatsune Beat" and I think most of us will be pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps this increase in Eurobeat production from the fan side of things is demonstrative of a warming interest in Eurobeat again?

Discuss. :3
Hey, I like those, I am all for it.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Jan 2009, 17:44

Oh! Nonononono. I wasn't meaning that Avex should MAKE music like these (though a "Dave Rodgers ft. Hatsune Miku" would certainly be surprising...), I was just suggesting that with all the Eurobeat being generated, it's evident that there's still sufficient interest in Eurobeat to keep it up?

Sort of a "sign of hope" if you will.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 17 Jan 2009, 00:55

zoupzuop2 wrote:(though a "Dave Rodgers ft. Hatsune Miku" would certainly be surprising...)
He is running low on vocalists... :D

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Jan 2009, 07:26

A link for those having trouble finding the GOOD Vocaloid Eurobeat, containing an ironically titled "Super Hatsune Beat Vol. 1"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1-HoJ6mYU
Join me on an Odyssey.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 17 Jan 2009, 07:30

Wow thats annoying, and people complain about Hi-NRG Attack having hi-pitched vocals :???: hah!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Jan 2009, 08:25

valiant wrote:Wow thats annoying, and people complain about Hi-NRG Attack having hi-pitched vocals :???: hah!
'ay, different tastes for different folks. And, if anything, doesn't it affirm that Avex is on to something in terms of marketing?
Join me on an Odyssey.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 17 Jan 2009, 09:18

zoupzuop2 wrote:A link for those having trouble finding the GOOD Vocaloid Eurobeat, containing an ironically titled "Super Hatsune Beat Vol. 1"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1-HoJ6mYU
Yes, Thats the one I like most. Super Hatsune Beat, On the other hand, I would say that the melody kick major ass but the vocals aren't too user friendly, so again it divides the audience. I am all for it but with better vocals, it would pwn, otherwise, it still kicks ass but not too great.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Jan 2009, 03:02

valiant
Wow thats annoying, and people complain about Hi-NRG Attack having hi-pitched vocals hah!
I wouldn't dare compare that Hatsune beat to HRG Attack, much less any other decent Eurobeat label. I don't like the soundworlds at all. Not the percussion, not the base amd especially not the vocals.

Is there any male Eurobeat aggressivness out there on Hatsune beat?

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 18 Jan 2009, 03:06

^
Thats the thing, the whole vocaloid thing sounds very airy and artificial; in no way does it come even close to the worst vocal work of a Eurobeat track.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Jan 2009, 07:39

drnrg wrote:valiant
Is there any male Eurobeat aggressivness out there on Hatsune beat?
Closest you'd get is with the Vocaloid Kaito. There's some Eurobeat with "Len", the brother to "Rin" (whom also has her own Initial D-style song, look up "Initial Rin"), but he's not quite on par with, say, Matt Land.
Join me on an Odyssey.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 18 Jan 2009, 11:29

Oh GOD that's totally what the backing vocals in Dejo's Too Young To Fall In Love sound like... :?

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 10 Jul 2011, 08:52

A really good Vocaloid old-school Eurobeat / Hi-NRG track I've stumbled upon recently:

Hiroyuki ODA pres. HSP feat. Miku Hatsune - Wander Girl (Extended Mix)

Sounds totally like a Time release from the early '90s, except it's Miku Hatsune singing. Absolutely love the production!