Super Eurobeat 197

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 26 Feb 2009, 02:00

d-tan wrote:
Jay wrote:
Javy wrote:Dom translated it for me. 197-199 are Nonstops but they will feature a couple of new songs in them.
What a shame.

I'm not buying any more albums until 7A quits. She completely ruined the series.
Not only has she ruined the SEB series, she has ruined the chance at a new ParaPara boom occurring this summer and is putting the we love TechPara series in jeopardy.
Aren't we assuming these are entirely her decisions? She may be facing pressure from Avex reps outside of Super Eurobeat (in fact, it's my theory that it is these representatives that are making the decisions we disapprove of so frequently). VERY seldom are decisions like the ones made recently, the decisions and actions of a single person alone. They happen, but in most cases it's agreed on by a cabal or some sort of brainstorm.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 26 Feb 2009, 02:09

Nonstop SEB albums are absolute GARBAGE. Honestly, I wouldn't really care if only one remaining album were nonstop, but 3 in a row? That means at least half an entire year, between 196 and 201 before the possibility of another regular album.

I've lost ALL of my faith in Avex. First mu-mo.net is closed only to Japanese credit cards, and now SEB is being hideously neglected and tortured. Why would they end a full century of Super Eurobeat so poorly, especially considering how excellently it started off with the phenomenal 100's decade?
ImageImage

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 26 Feb 2009, 03:54

d-tan wrote:
Jay wrote:
Javy wrote:Dom translated it for me. 197-199 are Nonstops but they will feature a couple of new songs in them.
What a shame.

I'm not buying any more albums until 7A quits. She completely ruined the series.
Not only has she ruined the SEB series, she has ruined the chance at a new ParaPara boom occurring this summer and is putting the we love TechPara series in jeopardy.
Is the Japanese side of the Eurobeat/Parapara community complaining as well about these decisions?
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 26 Feb 2009, 04:13

trainerkelly wrote:
d-tan wrote:
Jay wrote: What a shame.

Is the Japanese side of the Eurobeat/Parapara community complaining as well about these decisions?
QFT, we have to remember most of these decisions are made on what will sell most. Don't non-stops usually sell more than others? Are the labels producing enough to warrant full releases? And at least quality releases so that way the albums aren't full of suck?

This non-stop news doesn't bother me in the slightest considering I am a fan of them, however it doesn't excite me either. I will say that it doesn't have it's place here in SEB though. What they should have done was 199 a double-disc nonstop for the Male and Female themes. That way 197-198 are still new material.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Feb 2009, 05:26

When the Eurobeat releases turn into nonstops it usually signals thier demise. Europanic comes to mind. Of course that was Victor Corp. but still this really has me worried... and yes I agree that this is a complete waste of cd space. Not to mantion the wasted new material.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could still buy off mumo extendeds, but oh yeah..Those F**ks at AVEX took that away from us as well. Hey AVEX why don't you just come to my house and kick me square in the balls why you're at it!

Too bad there isn't a way fro me to type a big ass middle finger, cuz that's exactly what I think about this decision.

This is the SUPER ALPHA EPIC FAIL to INFINTY of the ERA :-x :-x :-x

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 26 Feb 2009, 05:50

Densetsu13 wrote:QFT, we have to remember most of these decisions are made on what will sell most. Don't non-stops usually sell more than others? Are the labels producing enough to warrant full releases? And at least quality releases so that way the albums aren't full of suck?
Yes, non-stops sell well, but they were more or less a novelty throughout the entire main SEB series. There's still Super GT, Speed & Power Style and the recurring XX0 decade albums to appease those who enjoy the non-stops, so why was this move made? If it's to improve sales, that's a load of shit. The Japanese will simply become bored with the non-stops after 10 or so albums of the same old thing, granted that the series lasts beyond volume 200.

Avex killed off their Western market with the closure of mu-mo, and now they're making it even more difficult for us to obtain extendeds of our favourite eurobeat tunes with this move. There's only one avenue for extendeds beyond SEB196 now and that's through the iTunes Japan Store, but I'm sure Avex will find a way to block us off from there too.

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 26 Feb 2009, 06:01

I almost wonder if this is a sales plot by Avex? Something along the lines of sell the albums non-stop and if people want the songs extended, they're going to have to buy them off of mora or iTunes? Or maybe they're just hoping that the non-stop mixes will push the Euro/parapara boom (considering that non-stop mixes are better for paralist, I think)? Of course there's that it will more likely sell more that has already been mentioned.

Avex's main target is also the Japanese, not Westerners, if I'm not mistaken. XP (I know they've said they have had interest in spreading overseas, but we're defiantly not the primary target.)
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 26 Feb 2009, 07:00

Jay wrote:Avex killed off their Western market with the closure of mu-mo, and now they're making it even more difficult for us to obtain extendeds of our favourite eurobeat tunes with this move. There's only one avenue for extendeds beyond SEB196 now and that's through the iTunes Japan Store, but I'm sure Avex will find a way to block us off from there too.
QFT
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Feb 2009, 16:13

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet... maybe they'll include a 2nd disc with full versions or extendeds of the new songs they mix in the nonstops. *shrugs*

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 26 Feb 2009, 16:33

Nine wrote:I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet... maybe they'll include a 2nd disc with full versions or extendeds of the new songs they mix in the nonstops. *shrugs*
What, where's the PANIC! ABANDON SHIP! KEEL AVEX! SAVE DOMINO!

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 26 Feb 2009, 18:07

Nine wrote:I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet... maybe they'll include a 2nd disc with full versions or extendeds of the new songs they mix in the nonstops. *shrugs*
Maybe. =\ That's what I'm hoping they'll do...
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 26 Feb 2009, 18:34

Some tidbits from Mr. Newfield that may or may not clear things up...

SEB 197-199 will NOT be megamix only to his knowledge.

Labels are only going to appear on 197 onwards if their songs are good enough - no automatic preferential treatment. In other words - if one label made three outstanding songs, those would get on at the expense of another label making poor songs. So Avex is pushing for more competition between labels!

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 26 Feb 2009, 18:42

^
Hm, guess I don't have to worry about Dima being booted.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Feb 2009, 21:59

Does that mean there will be no more ABeatC?
OH SNAP

Let's start discussing this again! :P

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 26 Feb 2009, 22:25

I said nothing
Misread a post I've replied to
Last edited by Lebon14 on 26 Feb 2009, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!