Super Eurobeat Vol.208

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 08 Sep 2010, 15:23

Nine wrote:Darksky, this is classic you isn't it. You ruffle some feathers and when things start getting heated you try to end the conflict. I wasn't even going to bother to join in the conversation but since you dragged my name into this thread (which pisses me off because I hadn't said one bad thing in this thread) I might as well just say what I wanted to say.

I would think that artists and producers would be professional enough to not take criticism so poorly. If you report almost everything to Dima, I have a feeling that since English isn't your first language, you're misinterpreting and misunderstanding how and why things are said the way they are. (Trust me, being married to someone who has only been speaking English for a small amount of time, things like this get misunderstood and misinterpreted very easily.) Also, this is the Internet, sarcasm is really difficult to pick up on and people can take things the wrong way really easily.

Do you think everyone on these forums will be like "Oh, I'm sorry everyone but when I listened to this song I didn't really like it. It doesn't mean it's a bad song, I just didn't enjoy it. Don't feel offended and just because I don't like it doesn't mean you can't." Of course not. These things should go unsaid whenever someone thinks a song is "crap" or "garbage."

drnrg is also right on so many levels. We put such a high standard on the music we listen to because these producers and singers are able to put out the most amazing music we've ever heard - so when a song is released that obviously doesn't sound like it had as much effort put into it than others it is gravely disappointing. By the way, this isn't a knock against the producers - everyone here knows there are songs like that from every producer making this music.

You gotta remember DarkSky, at the end of the day we are the consumer. We're buying this music. If we don't like it, what do you want us to do, spend our time writing on the forums voicing how much we disliked a song or do you want us to just stop buying the music? Trust me, it will be one or the other and what do you think Dima would be more offended by, some words on a screen or the fact that his music made someone stop buying SEB?

You must have had some major talent to offer, DarkSky, because Dima sure didn't put you on for your public relation skills. Now that's for sure.
I agree with you on most points, but anyway it would be better to offer the producers some constructive criticism instead of being very harsh against them. Yes, they are adults and they can take it, yes this is the internet but I still don't think it's the right way to threat them. When you give them constructive criticism it's something they can use in their future songs to kind of meet your ''requirements''. Anyway, don't be pissed off because I mentioned you in my post which I already removed, but that was because I read something you apparently also removed that said something like ''Oh no I'm glad we still have SEB209....'' If it wasn't you, I am very sorry for that. I hope that we can end the discussion and continue with talking about what this thread is supposed for. Super Eurobeat 208.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 08 Sep 2010, 17:00

Why are you guys discussing taste? ;S

Anyways... I PUT THE RELEASE DATE IN MY CALENDAR WHERE IT SAYS 'VIVI-DAY!' : D!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 08 Sep 2010, 19:20

MKwiakaku wrote:Why are you guys discussing taste? ;S

Anyways... I PUT THE RELEASE DATE IN MY CALENDAR WHERE IT SAYS 'VIVI-DAY!' : D!
Because there's no facebook-like "like" button for the comment, I'll make a comment that emphasizes me liking that last post because of the happiness it brings to him.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 08 Sep 2010, 19:38

MKwiakaku wrote:Anyways... I PUT THE RELEASE DATE IN MY CALENDAR WHERE IT SAYS 'VIVI-DAY!' : D!
Haha, I think you're the number one Vivi fan.
I guess this song will be played at Deshima Sounds? haha

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 08 Sep 2010, 20:11

I do like the idea of more Dee Dee on next SEB...his label is high on creative, + strong vocals, + strong prodz..

Dima + SCP are headliners for the series.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Sep 2010, 21:49

vadim
Dima + SCP are headliners for the series.
Don't forget Saifam & HRG Attack. They are absolutley fuel proof(is that the right saying?) at the moment.

this is just a small prediction, but I think DELTA, Sunfire and Euerogrooves; when Dall Ora decides to get back on the ball; are gonna recalim thier territory. I think they could be using this TIME to size up the competition. Anyway, this is great news for us, because the level of the music could hit an all TIME high. At least that's how I see it.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 09 Sep 2010, 00:48

DarkSky wrote: I agree with you on most points, but anyway it would be better to offer the producers some constructive criticism instead of being very harsh against them. Yes, they are adults and they can take it, yes this is the internet but I still don't think it's the right way to threat them. When you give them constructive criticism it's something they can use in their future songs to kind of meet your ''requirements''. Anyway, don't be pissed off because I mentioned you in my post which I already removed, but that was because I read something you apparently also removed that said something like ''Oh no I'm glad we still have SEB209....'' If it wasn't you, I am very sorry for that. I hope that we can end the discussion and continue with talking about what this thread is supposed for. Super Eurobeat 208.
I don't remember that and I am too lazy to search through my posts, but if I did say that I was just referring to the lack of GGM. It was pretty disappointing to see no songs from my favorite label on this SEB :( And with that, I don't blame Dima or Hi-NRG for the amount of songs, I blame AVEX 1000% lol.

I just hope AVEX decides to take tracks from all the labels that don't make it onto SEB and either release them online, release a new album comp to host those songs, or maybe combine both ideas and make an online compilation for this purpose. I know that would milk my wallet dry if they did something like that XD

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 26 Sep 2010, 16:20

They're really making us stew with this release. Just 9 days to go until the Japan release date and still no samples. We had them two weeks before release for 207 - what's the hold up Avex??? :???:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Sep 2010, 17:14

You can hear Invisible Touch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4U1_6l0U0

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 26 Sep 2010, 17:46

Nine wrote:You can hear Invisible Touch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4U1_6l0U0
Thank you so much for this!! That gives us a better idea of the song than the regular 30 seconds samples. I love the sound of it - has a nice old school vibe about it with a really catchy chorus melody and hook :)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 26 Sep 2010, 22:36

This sounds like Go Racin' Go! mixed with King'O King O Beat. Interesting sound.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

liptos
Euro To B

Post by liptos » 27 Sep 2010, 03:56

Awesome Fastway preview! I'm pumped big time.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 27 Sep 2010, 05:02

Yeah! I was pretty pumped after I hear the clip on youtube. It sounds really good

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Sep 2010, 07:26

Wow, I'm hyped for that!
Invisible Touch sounds like the answer to the fairly mediocre Rock Beatin Wild, Really looking forward to the release.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 27 Sep 2010, 09:41

Maybe you guys are just easier to please, but this sounds like typical Fastway to me, which is becoming somewhat boring. I'm not saying this song is crap or anything (it definitely sounds like something that could grow on me), but something new and interesting wouldn't go astray from Mr. Zanini for a change. Perhaps it's time for another slow/balladish song? The last one was 'Purple Emotion' IIRC, and that song is at least four years old.