Super Eurobeat 209

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 06 Nov 2010, 02:05

I'm glad I bought this whole album after all. After an initial run-through, it turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. I actually enjoyed most of the tracks, even though my top 3 isn't too different from what I expected. Rainy Days is definitely the biggest surprise for me; I thought it would be a bit of a step down in the slower HRG category after the label's past few stellar performances, but it turned out to be just as strong, if maybe not even better than HTSIS, TMOS, and Pretty Woman.

I love New Horizon. It's really nice to hear another vocal performance by Travis, and I think the turnout here is fantastic. It's easily yet another track that has helped rejuvinate my faith in Morris Capaldi as a great producer. A weird thing to note though, the first few seconds of the intro are exactly the same as those of Dance In My Town! I actually had to check my iPod once the song turned on to make sure that there wasn't a mistake in the music file I had bought from Musico.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 06 Nov 2010, 02:33

Tiger wrote:I guess no one has seen the booklet yet, but I dunno how Davide was able to co-write a song for Go Go's....
Go Gos, Dima, SCP and Sinclairestyle are all under the flag of Contini Publishing. Not sure if Sun Fire Records is but there's that chance.
Megan188 wrote:I love New Horizon. It's really nice to hear another vocal performance by Travis, and I think the turnout here is fantastic. It's easily yet another track that has helped rejuvinate my faith in Morris Capaldi as a great producer. A weird thing to note though, the first few seconds of the intro are exactly the same as those of Dance In My Town! I actually had to check my iPod once the song turned on to make sure that there wasn't a mistake in the music file I had bought from Musico.
Hey, thanks a lot! Capaldi really did a fantastic job with the song, didn't he? The intro sound effect was an accident; the day before SEB 209 came out I finally heard the intro to DIMT. My bad!!
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 06 Nov 2010, 08:56

Tiger wrote:I guess no one has seen the booklet yet, but I dunno how Davide was able to co-write a song for Go Go's....
Davide and Sandro have worked together a few times in the past, like ''1 Week'' which was a collaboration of the 2. Japanese Girl is not a new songs, it has been made some time ago.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 06 Nov 2010, 13:09

Rainy Days is a best dude driven ballad song on 209, believe you me..
The best arrangement on this SEB!
Really beutifull sounding HRG production!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 06 Nov 2010, 14:41

New Horizon and Samurai Blue are starting to stand out a lot for me now but my top 3 so far probably won't be off-ed anytime soon. It's been a long time since I have thoroughly enjoyed a Go 2 song and SB is almost like a flash into golden era Go 2, melodically exciting and energetic.

The "dangerous impact" intro in NH is arguably one of the best I have heard this decade, even better than The Race Of The Night - which was already kick ass enough to my ears. Everything about the track is a major ramp up from the borderline b-music quality sounding WTSGD. Fast, energetic and melodically exciting, very cool indeed.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 07 Nov 2010, 06:16

1. I'm really struggling to like Call My Name. The vocals are good, the lyrics funny, and the synth riff is awesome, but Sinclaire seems so damned intent on screwing up some of his works with the melody overriding the vocal work. 1234 Live On The Dance Floor was another example of this. Bring the vocals to the forefront of the song, Mr. Sinclaire! I would appreciate it next time as well as others here.

2. The 20X albums have been pretty eclectic in my opinion and it didn't stop with this one. I must be the only one on here that truly enjoys Bad's remix. Although, it loops in and out of eurobeat and house music, I really think Saifam picked a good artist and song to remix.

3. The Jager song...It's got that LoL (Labyrinth of Love) syndrome. Not quite eurobeat, but still maintains a minimal amount of it. The synths remind me a bit of some vocal trance work I've heard on Avex's Super Best Trance. Then the beats throughout the melos and the sabi feel like bass-stomping dance-pop. I love his voice so that's why I like it so much. And good-looking to boot.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Nov 2010, 07:19

para_rigby
3. The Jager song...It's got that LoL (Labyrinth of Love) syndrome. Not quite eurobeat, but still maintains a minimal amount of it. The synths remind me a bit of some vocal trance work I've heard on Avex's Super Best Trance. Then the beats throughout the melos and the sabi feel like bass-stomping dance-pop. I love his voice so that's why I like it so much. And good-looking to boot.
I have to disagree with you here. While Aleky's song had some poppy dance beats; it was still an overall Eurobeat song with a Eurobeat driven melody, where as the Jager song just finds itself completely misplaced on this cd. I 'd much rather slot that song on a cd showcasing songs by Tiao Cruz and Jay Sean. This song has no redeeming Eurobeat qualities. At least none that I can find and next to Bad, which pretty much sounds like a speeded up version of the original, Jager's song falls among the worst this year. The fact that it can ,infact be played on the radio furthers my suspicions that it definately IS NOT Eurobeat. BTW, niether of those songs even contains a proper Eurobeat synth riff.

I was ready to blast this cd out of the water, but a few songs are starting to grow on me, so I'll do a review, even though this is one cd I'm gonna pass up on. I really waited too long for 208 and don't think 209 will be worth it.

Quick highlights are
Japanese Girl. Attractive and mega catchy
Rainy Days. Italo inspired perfection
New Horizons. Tasty chorus
Kiss me- Damn this needs some Engrish vocals from Chris De Leo.
and a few that I didn't think that I would like. One Heart ,One Soul and Call My name. At least Momo's track runs a decent TIME legnth and doesn't sound like a Soccer song preview that is Samurai Blue,

but it also features some of the worst I've heard in years like Change, Whada Ya want from me(at least change the spelling from Adam Lambert's song) and Bad is just Bad. The last two don't even qualify as Eurobeat for their total lack of a synth riff.

I still gotta warm up to the other three songs and I'm proboly going against the flow by stating that it is the worst of 2010, but at least it wasn't a total failure.

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 07 Nov 2010, 18:45

I always love seeing how tastes vary. And with that...

What D'You Want from Me is my hands-down favorite song of the decade. The last time I liked a song this much was Too Young to Fall in Love from 193, which last.fm says I've listened to 1,330 times, making it my 3rd most listened to track since '04.

There have been plenty of songs that have "it" this decade, but What D'You Want from Me has a double dose of "it".

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 07 Nov 2010, 21:14

Takarou wrote:The last time I liked a song this much was Too Young to Fall in Love from 193, which last.fm says I've listened to 1,330 times, making it my 3rd most listened to track since '04.
What the HECK!?!? And I thought my 145 listens for Mike Snap's Supercar (plus more, since this only includes my iPod, not my for-car CD with it) was a lot! :eek:

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 07 Nov 2010, 21:54

Megan188 wrote:
Takarou wrote:The last time I liked a song this much was Too Young to Fall in Love from 193, which last.fm says I've listened to 1,330 times, making it my 3rd most listened to track since '04.
What the HECK!?!? And I thought my 145 listens for Mike Snap's Supercar (plus more, since this only includes my iPod, not my for-car CD with it) was a lot! :eek:
Yeaaa.... I get into fits where if I REALLY like a song, I'll listen to nothing but that song for several days, and in some very special cases, weeks before I give it a rest. What's even more sad is that the 1,330 is not inclusive of what I listen to on my mp3 player or in my car. It only includes the times I've listened to a song on my computer. I may be insane. :grin:

What D'You Want from Me is already about to hit 60 listens. 145 listens would put a song around 175th on my all-time chart.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 07 Nov 2010, 22:17

For the sake of maintaining song replay value, I generally prefer to listen to a broad range of tracks, and very rarely do I play a single song more than one time consecutively.

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 07 Nov 2010, 22:24

Megan188 wrote:For the sake of maintaining song replay value, I generally prefer to listen to a broad range of tracks, and very rarely do I play a single song more than one time consecutively.
Seems like this is how the majority of people I've known prefer to listen to their music. I have a stupidly high tolerance to repetition, I guess, because all I need is a few days rest of a song I've played nonstop for weeks, and I can go right back to it. When I really REALLY love a song, listening to anything else just makes me frustrated.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Nov 2010, 22:37

I love the last.fm window in your signature - it makes me chuckle.

Even though I adore Rainy Days from this album, I couldn't play it any more than 3 times at the most before wanting to hear something else, if only to stop myself from growing to hate it. That's what would happen if I listened to it 24/7 as you seem to do :P

The thought of Jager's vocals blasting from my speakers on repeat for hours really troubles me (seriously, he sounded okay in I Won't Fall Apart, but he sounds like a dalek mixed with kermit the frog who's found the vocoder software on this new song).

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 07 Nov 2010, 23:10

the_ditz wrote:The thought of Jager's vocals blasting from my speakers on repeat for hours really troubles me (seriously, he sounded okay in I Won't Fall Apart, but he sounds like a dalek mixed with kermit the frog who's found the vocoder software on this new song).
Lol. I (obviously) can't get enough of his voice; he sounds so delicious, even more so than in I Won't Fall Apart. I haven't even gotten around to the rest of the album yet.

I do worry about my fiance.... He doesn't look amused at having been forced into listening to What D'You Want from Me for the past 4 and a half hours, though I did catch him tapping his foot to beat several times. >_> I think he'd strangle me if he didn't love me so much. :evil:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Nov 2010, 04:34

the_ditz
The thought of Jager's vocals blasting from my speakers on repeat for hours really troubles me (seriously, he sounded okay in I Won't Fall Apart, but he sounds like a dalek mixed with kermit the frog who's found the vocoder software on this new song).
Took the words right out of my mouth. I always thought his vocals were kinda out there. Even as I was enjoying songs like Super Car and Hyper Crazy Night; I really can't take too much of Jader's vocals. BTW, I have no idea what a dalek is, but if you mix it with Kermit the frog, then it can't be all that good. IMOP, "Vocoder" Jager isn't helping SCP one bit and why did he sound so much different on the Hotblade song. :???:

Anyways call me crazy, but Momo's song is sounding better with each listen. Could be the Jay Lehr-ish effect in the melody or the simple idea behind the riff,but it's definately the surprise track for me on this cd.

Takarou
I always love seeing how tastes vary. And with that...
It's those different tastes that keep the variety present on the series. That variety, wether it be the traditional, The Old school Italo sound, or the expirimental sounds, really makes me realize that I enjoyed this era much more than say; the 170s or better yet, the 190s. It's nice to see the series offers something for all Eurobeat tastes. Or should I say; the Labels are offereing something for all Eurobeat tastes.