Super Eurobeat 209

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Dec 2010, 06:09

drnrg wrote: I understand your hatred for the slow Italo style, but remember that SEB in itself began with songs featuring low bpms. My World, Hero, Japan Japan, It's For Your Eyes,ect...,so in a way,the Italo style is just kinda reclaiming its territory. :P
I know it started with low BPM but I hardly find myself listening to that era because of that mainly.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 15 Dec 2010, 06:19

There is a difference between low bpm and italo disco...

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 15 Dec 2010, 06:35

Indeed, DS, you can have a very 80-s sound with hi bpm in eurobeat!
Just look at the star heart, shooting star, or any other *speedy aishu*
prod from Newfield.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Dec 2010, 10:30

DarkSky
If you truly wanna get technical about it, just look at the tracklist from the first 5 SEBs. Plenty of Italo disco Style music from TIME and Asia are indeed featured.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 15 Dec 2010, 21:12

drnrg wrote:DarkSky
If you truly wanna get technical about it, just look at the tracklist from the first 5 SEBs. Plenty of Italo disco Style music from TIME and Asia are indeed featured.
Doc, it was not really italo anymore - hi nrg eurobeat, I'd say...it had strong italo elements 'cause they have passed from italo to the next style (hi nrg), and it passed from hi nrg straight to eurobeat.

Eurobeat is essentially just an italian adaptation of british hi nrg style, because they decided to retire traditional italo.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Dec 2010, 03:07

I kinda concidered songs like You Got Me Going Crazy- Tension and Dance Girl - Robert Stone the Hi Energy Eurobeat, but Soft TIME and Take Your TIME- MIke Freeman was still more along the Italo line for me.

Vadim
Eurobeat is essentially just an italian adaptation of british hi nrg style, because they decided to retire traditional italo.
Dead Or Alive defined British Hi Energy. What you say is so tru. It's so evident in songs like Heart Breaker , Heart & Body , Macho Man and Half of HRG Attacks catalog.