Super Eurobeat 214

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 02 May 2011, 18:56

As dark as my expectations have been..I still can be surprized...in a good way...

Got Lolita mp3 in an epost... listened...and know what...?....

IT BLEW ME THE FUCK AWAY...!!!!!

(I still would change a synth part or two)...but this track is absolutely brilliant..!!!!!

I am happy happy to congratulate GGM with a definite success with Lolita...!!!!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 May 2011, 19:08

Ugh, it kills me when people have tracks and they still aren't released to the general public!! I know I only need to wait until tomorrow, but I'm dying to have some new Eurobeat on my HTC for the journey to work - my playlist is starting to sound a bit old!! :P

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 02 May 2011, 19:30

Check your p.m... :wink: :wink: ...

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 03 May 2011, 01:24

My CD only got sent yesterday :C Me wants Lolita before the weekend.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 03 May 2011, 03:40

Bore wrote: Bring back the radio edits and 18 tracks per album.
Indeed. To avoid the labels "making tons of tracks for the sake of it" what they could do is each SEB has 13 new tracks like they're doing now and 4-5 "unreleased gems" from the avex vaults of despair.

All the labels have a ton of unreleased stuff that could be released in this way. Also to make them more appealing, only the new tracks have their extendeds released at the time of the SEB release and the "unreleased gems' could be kept for their label specific itunes releases they've been doig recently.

That's my dream scenario. Hope this SEB follows the trend of quality tracks @ SEB 211-212.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 May 2011, 04:13

Vadim wrote:As dark as my expectations have been..I still can be surprized...in a good way...

Got Lolita mp3 in an epost... listened...and know what...?....

IT BLEW ME THE FUCK AWAY...!!!!!

(I still would change a synth part or two)...but this track is absolutely brilliant..!!!!!

I am happy happy to congratulate GGM with a definite success with Lolita...!!!!
Bleh, I don't think it's THAT great. It does have creative lyrics though. It definitely doesn't compare to the stuff pre-100 for sure.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 03 May 2011, 09:22

Bore wrote:My CD only got sent yesterday :C Me wants Lolita before the weekend.
Check your p.m...!.. :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 May 2011, 09:38

Densetsu13
Indeed. To avoid the labels "making tons of tracks for the sake of it" what they could do is each SEB has 13 new tracks like they're doing now and 4-5 "unreleased gems" from the avex vaults of despair.
I really like your idea man. 4-5 unreleased gems certifies us. At least 1 from AbeatC, SCP, HRG Attack and hopefully TIME. You live in Japan don't you? Why don't you go apply at the AVEX tower of Power :D

I got my hands on a beautiful and powerful song from Michelle Rose. better than Hard To Say I'm Sorry.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 May 2011, 09:54

Hmm.. Heard Passport To Dance and... ONLY FUC- GAWD... MY EARS... THEY BLEED FROM LOUDNESS WAR... OMG... DISTORTION... EVERYWHERE! Sound is too loud in the intro... the booms are... distorted and doesn,t sound as exciting it should be sounding :(
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 03 May 2011, 09:56

Lebon14 wrote:Hmm.. Heard Passport To Dance and... ONLY FUC- GAWD... MY EARS... THEY BLEED FROM LOUDNESS WAR... OMG... DISTORTION... EVERYWHERE! Sound is too loud in the intro... the booms are... distorted and doesn,t sound as exciting it should be sounding :(
I noticed the same in the videos that leaked out.. (ParaPara Dance)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 May 2011, 10:16

DarkSky
Lebon14 wrote:
Hmm.. Heard Passport To Dance and... ONLY FUC- GAWD... MY EARS... THEY BLEED FROM LOUDNESS WAR... OMG... DISTORTION... EVERYWHERE! Sound is too loud in the intro... the booms are... distorted and doesn,t sound as exciting it should be sounding

I noticed the same in the videos that leaked out.. (ParaPara Dance
you got some pull,don't you? let em know that we don't need the music that loud. My speakers are worth more than my p.c. and it still sounds fucked. I'm hoping the actual cd sounds better?

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 03 May 2011, 12:35

I'm not going to tell other labels how to make or improve their tracks, that's something you could do by easily sending an email to SinclaireStyle. I haven't heard the track on the CD, and as you may know I'm not going to rate the tracks.. I'm just saying that I noticed some distortion in the ParaPara video as well. ;) If you've heard the CD version, and you still think it's too distorted hit them an email ;)

By the way, what the hell is going on. Lebon is in the posession of unreleased extendeds of Ayu-Ro's album? the Lolita track has been leaked (Vadim)? Passport to Dance has been leaked? (Lebon14)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 03 May 2011, 15:42

Don't put your blame on that song. Blame the crappy microphones on the cellphones the vids were made with. :\

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 03 May 2011, 17:14

DS, I only shared the mp3 with 2 forum members for their own private audition.
One of them has guaranteed to buy the online release, and another one already preordered a cd.

If you ask me - it's no big deal they got free promos 'cause they provide the most comprehensive reviews of SEB compilations on our forum.

Besides, it's not much of a leak if you get something for promo, after it already went for sale on asian markets.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 May 2011, 18:37

Okay, having bought the whole album from iTunes and given it one complete loop in winamp, I have to say that overall I am very pleased with this compilation. The first 6 tracks are complete winners for me, giving the start of the album a very strong impact.

Because of You remains as awesome as it sounded when I first bought the single weeks ago - and well done to Avex for finally realising that they didn't need to screw around with the intros!! Vocals are extremely strong, and the strong melody teamed with aggressive yet tuneful synths makes this Jager's best track yet at SCP.

Skyline is one of the biggest surprises so far. The intro is extremely tuneful, and not just a random string of generic beat blasts and guitar groans as with many other Delta tracks. Clara's vocals sound a lot more natural here than in No More Love, and she seems more at ease with this melody. I also love the wailing guitar counter-melody during the chorus - a fantastic Delta anthem. :grin:

The Magic I Feel will not be to everyone's tastes, but I just love the melody and the synth production. For some reason, the hook makes me think of Send Me An Angel by Momo, and the vocals - while clearly synthetic and auto-tuned to hell and back - are cute and somehow less irritating than in Hanami. I hope people give this one a chance.

Rhythmysticaltycious is, perhaps unsurprisingly, my superstar of this album so far. Every single Elena Gobbi track of late has been like a mini musical - a complete musical score in one 5 minute burst! The intro is just plain awesome and deliciously odd - the Mari-San comparisons will no doubt continue. For me, the verse and bridge sections have the most unbelievable melody I've heard in years - I just can't stop listening to it!! And that chorus is a real ear-worm - once it gets in your head, you'll be stuck with it! I now worship anything this girl sings, and the more Lolita/Virginelle track we get in the future, the better!

Passport to Dance has lost some of its lustre, but it is still by far the best Sinclaire produced track in years as it really burrows deep down in to the classic sound that made the man almost untouchable in the 90's. The synth hook has a deliciously rich sound, and while there is definitely a case of over-compression in the reverb kicks used during the intro (it really distorts the sound quite badly in a few places), it's all part of the old-school charm for me. The later parts of the song seem a little cut-and-paste, and the breakdown goes on for a bit too long for my taste...

Boom Boom Scream has really grown on me recently - Domino does a fantastic job with the vocals, and the whole theme is completely authentic to the Hallowe'en vibe that every Scream Team track should embrace. The production is completely on point, and the only small complaint is that it's all over just a bit too soon...

More initial thoughts later... ;)