Stil novo records - re-released...

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Stil novo records - re-released...

Post by euro up north » 06 Jun 2011, 11:56

This is a magic little company with a monstersound.

http://www.discogs.com/label/Stil+Novo+ ... 28Italy%29

It seems that the company was active 89-92 and has the magic sound of early eurobeat.

The hitmakers Baldoni-Rosellini-Bonini, were involved in every relaease.

Here is a cool thing:

Three albums, called hi energy work out stars (session 1,2,3) has been released this year.

And it seems to be a pure collection of all the songs, that is officially released from the company.

BUT....theres seems to be a handfull of unreleased songs, but that is not confirmed.

My question: The song with Liza Blue - Romantic (But I think it is Liza - Blue romantic, because that is what is sung in the song.), does anyone knew if there is a 12" version and instrumental of the song.

I think it is one of the best songs I have heard in years.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Re: Stil novo records - re-released...

Post by jeurobeat » 06 Jun 2011, 16:53

Nice find! Nando is great! Round to midnight, Bring your love back to me, What to do... Never be lonely is also a great song.
But why did they use radio versions for these compilations? That's a pity :(

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 06 Jun 2011, 18:20

Great find!!

Some of these were the first eurobeat songs I ever heard (by coincidence browsing on the radio channels)

I remember I listened the vinyl of Liza/Stormy weather at Melody Maker but bought Thrisha/Silver kisses :)

Yeah, why not the extended versions?? :o

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Jun 2011, 08:13

As most of you know, one of my musical goals is to collect entire catalogs of Eurobeat and Italo labes and I have almost the whole extendeds collection on mp3 and a few on vinyl. The kbps are not the greatest, but this is a very hard label to find in extended so I am very greatful to at least have them on 192 and even a few in 128. 8)

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 13 Jul 2011, 10:25

Interesting thing: "Gangster's Night (Cool Down Version)" from Hi Energy Workout Stars (Session 2) is actually "Love Is Blind" by Bosa Trida, a hard-to-find track originally released on Finzy Records. It's far from Hi-NRG, though. :P

It seems these tracks were never released on vinyl:
Liza - Blue Romantic
Rudy - Try
Elisa - Everyone Is Good For Love
Marystella - Rave Your Love To Me
Belladonna - Over Me

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 13 Jul 2011, 10:54

cheeseman wrote:Interesting thing: "Gangster's Night (Cool Down Version)" from Hi Energy Workout Stars (Session 2) is actually "Love Is Blind" by Bosa Trida, a hard-to-find track originally released on Finzy Records. It's far from Hi-NRG, though. :P

It seems these tracks were never released on vinyl:
Liza - Blue Romantic
Rudy - Try
Elisa - Everyone Is Good For Love
Marystella - Rave Your Love To Me
Belladonna - Over Me
Do these tracks have actually anything to do with CROSS OVER Records? Or do they sound like them?

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 13 Jul 2011, 11:11

DarkSky wrote:Do these tracks have actually anything to do with CROSS OVER Records? Or do they sound like them?
Yup, they were written and produced by the same team (Baldoni/Rosellini/Bonini). They changed labels a few times.

1987-1990: Radiorama Productions
1990: Finzy Records
1990-1992: Stil Novo Records
1992-1993: Finzy Records
1996: Crossover Records

I think some of the Stil Novo/Finzy vocalists also sang at Crossover later on (e.g. Dan Hill/Dan Newman/Danny Newman).

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 13 Jul 2011, 13:38

cheeseman wrote:
DarkSky wrote:Do these tracks have actually anything to do with CROSS OVER Records? Or do they sound like them?
Yup, they were written and produced by the same team (Baldoni/Rosellini/Bonini). They changed labels a few times.

1987-1990: Radiorama Productions
1990: Finzy Records
1990-1992: Stil Novo Records
1992-1993: Finzy Records
1996: Crossover Records

I think some of the Stil Novo/Finzy vocalists also sang at Crossover later on (e.g. Dan Hill/Dan Newman/Danny Newman).
Exactly, I recognized ''Belladonna''. Do you think she's the same singer?

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 21 Jul 2011, 19:00

DarkSky wrote:Exactly, I recognized ''Belladonna''. Do you think she's the same singer?
Well, several vocalists sang under that alias, including Clara Moroni ("Love Is For Lovers" and "Call My Name"). I couldn't associate Crossover's female tracks with any particular vocalists, to be honest...

By the way, I really wish some of the Finzy tracks from 1992-1993 were released for download. As far as I know, only "Before Tomorrow Comes Again" was released on CD (SEB Vol. 29), the rest seems to be vinyl-only, unfortunately...