Super Eurobeat 217

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 05 Aug 2011, 12:01

Lou Master isn't Al Benati or Silver. He's a completely new singer that hasn't sung for any other Eurobeat label.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 05 Aug 2011, 14:57

What I think Lou Master sounds like little bit Nick Mansell but don't for sure :S

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 05 Aug 2011, 16:53

Danko wrote:What I think Lou Master sounds like little bit Nick Mansell but don't for sure :S
I can see the Similarity even in style but Evelina Somenzi from SCP confirmed it was a brand new singer never heard on SEB or any eurobeat label.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 05 Aug 2011, 18:40

Is he someone NOT from any eurobeat label? Like, where did he come from? : O

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 06 Aug 2011, 00:42

Why does it say "Clara Moroni Production" for The Top in the booklet when it already says Produced by Morris Capaldi and Silvio Moretti? It also says the same thing for Forget My Heart / Marica. By the way, it says Marica in the booklet and on the back cd cover, not Marika. Some other mistakes in the booklet are the i left off Matteo Rizzi in Forget My Heart and saying that the SEB Official Fan Club has started at http://avex.jp/eurobeat , but it really hasn't.

I read a lot of the Banchou interview and I thought it was pretty interesting. Apparently the name for Star Fire comes from Twin Star and a club called Yokohama Fire. Also, Banchou's favorite song that he has choreographed a para routine to is The Race Is Over. I never knew that. There seems to be some talk about 師匠 and Xenon but i didn't really understand it. I hope they do one with one of the T-RREX members!!

edit: oh this clara moroni production thing seems to go back to 214 booklet. I wonder why they changed it?

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 06 Aug 2011, 11:07

Tiger wrote:Why does it say "Clara Moroni Production" for The Top in the booklet when it already says Produced by Morris Capaldi and Silvio Moretti?

oh this clara moroni production thing seems to go back to 214 booklet. I wonder why they changed it?
There were rumors of an issue between Moroni and Newfield. Newfield has left Delta (apparently) and Moroni is the Executive Producer at Delta much like the period when Sinclaire and Newfield left Delta around SEB 167-170. If you go back to the songs "Eurobeat Kind Of Love" and "Stop Teasing My Heart" you should see in the booklet, "Executive Producer: Clara Moroni". Capaldi might be the producer, but Moroni is the label organizer like Giacomo Maiolini was with Time when Sergio Dall'Ora was producing.
MKwiakaku wrote:Is he someone NOT from any eurobeat label? Like, where did he come from? : O
Good question. All Evelina revealed was that he's a brand new singer. This may be one of the new singers that Stefano told me about a while ago that he was looking at much like Hotblade (Gabrielle Gozzi) coming out of nowhere.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 06 Aug 2011, 18:39

I'm in love with DIS CON NEC TED! Hotblade just keeps flying high, SCP's really improving lately again after the few brief years where the productions weren't quite as high class as they are again.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Aug 2011, 22:00

Just finaished listening to 217.

First impressions are that Ken Blast has the overall best Eurobeat Synthfest on the disc. Tight Vocals. Original catchy riff and best Eurobeat related lyrics I have heard in a while. He may relate the song to his personal expireince, but I say its generally about Eurobeat. A positive message about out favourite genre and how it gets stronger by each passing year. Love how he proclaims himself as being The GAME. Great attitude reminding a lot of WWE superstar Triple H. He also proclaims that He is the Game. The spoken part is exactly how it should be presented in a Eurobeat song. No rapping, No shouting and in perfect synch with the synth melody.

The surprise for me is Dall Ora's remix of Lonely Night. I thought the original was too fast a style for Helena and the it went by too fast to enjoy with a totally unexcusable short break, but now he has captured the very essence of the title Lonely Night and it fits Elena's vocals beautifully. I don't know how well the Italo version from Itunes compares to the Healing version, but if it contains that same epic intro with the music box effect, then I think he is finally on his way to mastering these Healing remixes.

Rounding out my favs are no doubt both of HRG Attacks entries and Dee Dee's - The Dark side Of Your Moon. Those of you who have heard Hey Hey Baby Cry will realize that Dima did the perfect choice in selecting the artist name to be Dee Dee. The song even carries similiar aspects to his first debut classic. Jungle Bill's song doesn't say Tomato. It says Tornado; which is a direct relation to Rimonti's other persona as Franz Tornado.

I do admit that Lou Master is in my top 3, but SCP really gotta rethink that whole less than 4:00 versions. For me SCPs edits just don't seem to have what it takes to go up against the more epic extended versions the other labels are producing these days. So much meet around the bones has been cut off, the third verse is embarressing and it's just all over before you can even really get into it. Lou Master song hits me more like a quck shot of adrenaline, but that won't have a sure fire lasting effect that songs from Ken Blast and HRG Attack provide. Sure; I'm getting older, but I still fully enjoy a fast Eurobeat song when presented properly. I'm just saying that the Lou Master song could have been so much better if SCP gave it as much love as they did that Irene song. You can do alot by adding another minuite and It doesn't have to be all cut and past iether. On the plus side; Lou has some killler vocals and hope we have a lot more from him in the future. My question is how come Irene gets the decent 4:00 plus extended,while the guys get the shaft?Not fair at all and some should advise Hotblade that he is becomming a bit too "Sceamy"

The rest of the cd features some excellent songs that I'm sure will grow on me with each listen. About the only entry I would gladly scratch off, would be Saifam...again That song should stay in the dreadfull housy 90's style.

Full review someTIME next week when I listen to it about 100 x more. 8)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Aug 2011, 22:24

I just have to add that I don't seriously think that Jungle Bill is singing about a big tomato anymore. But sometimes, when you've misheard something so many times, it's kinda hard to train your brain to hear anything else!

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 06 Aug 2011, 23:19

Give it up for TOP CHICK TUNES SEB 217..!:

ROCK MY HEART / ROBERTA

TOUCH ME / NIKITA JR.

FORGET MY HEART / MARIKA

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 07 Aug 2011, 04:06

drnrg wrote:I do admit that Lou Master is in my top 3, but SCP really gotta rethink that whole less than 4:00 versions.
Well, like I said in the past, Avex might be forcing SCP to produce these < 4:00 tracks as a means of squeezing more songs onto the compilation. Whether that's actually a good thing or not is debatable, but you can't automatically throw the blame at SCP.

I was just thinking about this decade in general and I realised there hasn't been a single song that's really blown me away yet; the whole decade has really been quite lackluster. Every decade has had at least one "OMG" song ('A Perfect Hero' by Chris Stanton, 'Save Another Day For Me' by De Leo, 'The Magic of Sunshine' by Ciao Ciao/'Ready Forever' by Chris Stanton), and it's looking as if this will be the first which doesn't have any. Of course, 218 might prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 07 Aug 2011, 09:40

thejti wrote:
MKwiakaku wrote:Is he someone NOT from any eurobeat label? Like, where did he come from? : O
Good question. All Evelina revealed was that he's a brand new singer. This may be one of the new singers that Stefano told me about a while ago that he was looking at much like Hotblade (Gabrielle Gozzi) coming out of nowhere.
Gabrielle had some musical background, didn't he? I remember one-shot Lilibeth came from a jazz-oriented background, and at least this Lou Master has to have some connections somewhere... ;|

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Aug 2011, 10:43

drnrg wrote:The surprise for me is Dall Ora's remix of Lonely Night. I thought the original was too fast a style for Helena and the it went by too fast to enjoy with a totally unexcusable short break, but now he has captured the very essence of the title Lonely Night and it fits Elena's vocals beautifully. I don't know how well the Italo version from Itunes compares to the Healing version, but if it contains that same epic intro with the music box effect, then I think he is finally on his way to mastering these Healing remixes.
The Italo Groove Version is nothing like the Healing Version - think more along the lines of 80's power pop (for some reason, tracks like Danger Zone and Maniac pop into my head when I hear the intro!) but with more modern beats and you're more or less there. I've been listening to the remix quite a bit and I really enjoy it. The Healing Version - while I still feel is a bit of a "waste of album space" - is quite beautiful. I love the complexity of the composition - Dall'ora can sure produce a pretty slow track!

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 07 Aug 2011, 14:58

Jay wrote:Well, like I said in the past, Avex might be forcing SCP to produce these < 4:00 tracks as a means of squeezing more songs onto the compilation. Whether that's actually a good thing or not is debatable, but you can't automatically throw the blame at SCP.
Suspecting Avex for everything may be inappropriate in this case. Avex can always return to taking radio versions for SEB albums if they do want more songs, not making troubles with the labels.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 07 Aug 2011, 15:55

vinyl12 wrote:
Jay wrote:Well, like I said in the past, Avex might be forcing SCP to produce these < 4:00 tracks as a means of squeezing more songs onto the compilation. Whether that's actually a good thing or not is debatable, but you can't automatically throw the blame at SCP.
Suspecting Avex for everything may be inappropriate in this case. Avex can always return to taking radio versions for SEB albums if they do want more songs, not making troubles with the labels.
Indeed. The SCP Eurobeat Versions on iTunes (on which I hope they release the extended versions) are the same length, implying that these are as extended as they get. ;X