Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Jan 2013, 08:26

@Jay PARTY POOPER. :( :cry:
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Jan 2013, 08:34

Lebon14
@drnrg Want it or not, Eurobeat is EDM. EDM is a very wide term. EDM is like Techno or Electronica. It's a general term.
Don't give in to easy to that belief. alot of people have the false notion that any music which showcases synths is automatically EDM.Remember Eurobeat stemmed from Italo and to some degree New Wave . Italo and New Wave was real instrunments played by real musicians. You wouldn't concider New Wave EDM, would you? Dave Rodgers inserts many of his guitar parts with an actual guitar as did Roberto Festari and many others. The reason Eurobeat isn't in that class of EDM as PSY, LMAFO ect... is because most Eurobeat producers, composers and vocalists are also Lovers of the genre known as Rock. This which also has many varieties. I've spoken to a few Old school Italo/Eurobeat greats and they always want to give the music the feel that it's being played by real intrumenmts.What makes Eurobeat slot slightly into the EDM class is that it's BPMs are highly altered. Now adays ; I agree that alot of Eurobeat sounds computerized, but it wasn't always like that. If they have resorted to computers; its because of progress, but remember progress isn't always a good thing. Mixing wasn't always done on computers and your best Italo /Eurobeat dee jays did alot of thier mixes on turntables before compuetrs were around. Bobby Orlando, Farina, Mike Mareen,Pasquinni ,Oliva, Newfield.ect.. You can never compare those work of art to the simple dance music of today. You just can't.

EDM is a term that came about because of all the popular dance music from LMAFO, Guetta whatever your poison. to gave it a genre. Italo, Disco, New Wave, High Energy, Miami Freestyle and Eurobeat were around before that EDM term, so NO, I donot concider it to fall in that class and I will defend it when need be. 8)

BTW, a good review.

Can't waite for my disc to arrive. :D

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 27 Jan 2013, 09:06

drnrg wrote:Don't give in to easy to that belief. alot of people have the false notion that any music which showcases synths is automatically EDM.
I'm not trying to start a flame war but EDM literally translates to "Electronic Dance Music" which Eurobeat is a part of. It's a broad term that has been applied to "techno" and "dance" music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_el ... sic_genres

It's just a three letter acronym that is currently used to describe a music style in a very broad stroke, regardless of background or origin. As a synonym I'll use this example

Latin Music
-Salsa
-Merengue
-Bachata
-Ranchero
-Cumbia
-etc

EDM
-House
-Trance
-Eurodance
-Eurobeat
-etc
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 27 Jan 2013, 09:49

Regarding Hyper Super Powers, SCp uploaded a youtube video showing it off alongside Get Yaself The Real Thang by Lou Master. I wonder what happened to it, the short clip we get sounded too good to be true :cry:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 27 Jan 2013, 09:55

Darkholme wrote:Regarding Hyper Super Powers, SCp uploaded a youtube video showing it off alongside Get Yaself The Real Thang by Lou Master. I wonder what happened to it, the short clip we get sounded too good to be true :cry:
Well, I guess we're assuming that it might be on SEB 222 - either that, or it was rejected by avex... :???:

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 27 Jan 2013, 16:53

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 27 Jan 2013, 17:12

Even though I don't agree with some of your opinions, you clearly know what you're talking about and you produced a wall-of-text that was oddly enjoyable to read. +1 to you :grin:

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Jan 2013, 20:24

I consider Eurobeat to fall in the category of EDM, since most disco-influenced music falls in the House category now days, and the music is aimed towards the dance club life. There is no clear line much anymore, thanks to American acts like Lady Gaga and the such who began using electronic elements in their music after America tried its hardest to stomp dance music off the air waves in the late 90s and early 2000s. Do I consider Lady Gaga, PSY, and the rest of the mainstream gang to be EDM? No, I don't. I feel their music is still more aimed towards a "sit & listen" audience as compared to a "get your whistles, air horns, and glow sticks out and dance!' audience. The gray area pops in when these mainstream DJs, such as David Guetta doing cheap club remixes of the tracks, which then fall into the category of EDM, either as house, trance, dubstep, or electro.

To agree with you, drnrg, the 80s was a great period for New Wave and experimental music with, as it was new then, the synthesizer. It was nice to hear both musical instruments mixed with the synthesizer and drum machine. But, as technology progressed, and more music genres split, and with the creation of House from the old disco, I just feel much of what was left of the 80s dance sounds had to make a choice: either fall into this new category of electronic dance music, or die out. And also, nothing is better than hearing a DJ mix with vinyl.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 27 Jan 2013, 21:58

Speaking to all those who are argueing/discussing about EDM:
It's really a hell of a job to satisfy you Eurobeat listeners, look at this...wow! What on earth is your problem?!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 27 Jan 2013, 22:10

DarkSky wrote:Speaking to all those who are argueing/discussing about EDM:
It's really a hell of a job to satisfy you Eurobeat listeners, look at this...wow! What on earth is your problem?!
What? lol...
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 27 Jan 2013, 22:14

I don't have a problem. Eurobeat can be called EDM as far as I'm concerned. Don't assume we all hold the same opinion as those that shout the loudest ;)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 27 Jan 2013, 23:17

This. Who cares what it's called? As long as the music is great, right? ;S

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Jan 2013, 02:41

lol, it's called "working with the public". EVERY music forum is like this.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 28 Jan 2013, 06:03

Don't think I've heard anyone say this, but does anyone think Different Girl / An-G riff sounds similar to Spring Time / Norma Sheffield? just a thought.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Jan 2013, 06:03

*nods*
For myself, I was just explaining the term. Eurobeat is eurobeat and I couldn't care much the Avex' advertising portion of it. It being called EDM or not does not stop me craving for more :D
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!