Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 Nov 2012, 05:37

I'm more surprised than anything. I thought that the second and third tracks were by other labels. I knew that they were pretty active but I still thought that Avex would give a better share of tracks to the other labels.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Dec 2012, 02:29

#Infinity
I guess that's just what happens when you're by far the most popular and active eurobeat label still present
I guess that's matter of opinion. AVEX always pushes SCP upfront from other lables. I suspect they have something to do with it's creation? Not sure, but I suspect.

I'm kinda with lebon on that whole 5 tracks for one label. SCP are good, but not to the point where AVEX should over shadow the other labels. IMOP, 5 songs is a bit of overkill, when thier are still other active present labels in the stable. Besides with 5 songs comes 5 similiar sounding songs and I think what SEB needs now, more than ever is a bit of variety in sound.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 01 Dec 2012, 04:44

drnrg wrote:#Infinity
I guess that's just what happens when you're by far the most popular and active eurobeat label still present
I guess that's matter of opinion. AVEX always pushes SCP upfront from other lables. I suspect they have something to do with it's creation? Not sure, but I suspect.

I'm kinda with lebon on that whole 5 tracks for one label. SCP are good, but not to the point where AVEX should over shadow the other labels. IMOP, 5 songs is a bit of overkill, when thier are still other active present labels in the stable. Besides with 5 songs comes 5 similiar sounding songs and I think what SEB needs now, more than ever is a bit of variety in sound.
While I think the song count could be considered overkill, I truly believe over the past few years, SCP has had the most diverse sounds (the macho Fastway, the sugary Scream Team, retro sounds like "Bright Time", etc.). I feel that the other labels present have yet to really break out of a mold. I think Dima Music is still evolving on their sound; Sinclaire Style's male vocal songs sound, in a way, the same as they have since the time from Delta and GGM are still carrying some traditions from A-BEAT C. I think SCP has had the greatest evolution in terms of production from way back in the Maharaja/EBF era to the present.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Dec 2012, 05:11

para_rigby
While I think the song count could be considered overkill, I truly believe over the past few years, SCP has had the most diverse sounds (the macho Fastway, the sugary Scream Team, retro sounds like "Bright Time", etc.). I feel that the other labels present have yet to really break out of a mold. I think Dima Music is still evolving on their sound; Sinclaire Style's male vocal songs sound, in a way, the same as they have since the time from Delta and GGM are still carrying some traditions from A-BEAT C. I think SCP has had the greatest evolution in terms of production from way back in the Maharaja/EBF era to the present
Good point and that's not entirely what I meant. I meant to say that when a label creates a song you know its from that label. The instruments, effects what ever; you know it's that lable. SCP cannot sound like DELTA and vice versa. That's what I meant by similiar sounding songs. BTW, you actually mentioned my standout songs from SCP when making your point. :wink:

Anyway,You completely forget to mention HRG Attack; who has; by every sense of the word, evolved thier sound even to the point of bringing back the old school 80s Italo sound. They also have countless new material. "Spirit Of The Night", "Maybe In The Dark", ect.. "Eurobeat Rebirth" and that new song feat Stephy Martini vocals would have been perfect for this new SEB. You also forgot Saifam. They arn't too active on SEB, but I think that AVEX also sends them to the back of the line by purposely not picking out thier better material.eg: the new Ken Martin song on Juno was more than SEB worthy, but I seriously doubt AVEX would let them showcase more than 1 song.. :(

I also don't entirely know what the deal is with all those rights issues between the lables and AVEX. Maybe the labels only submit certain songs to keep the rights to others. I know I would :)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 01 Dec 2012, 07:05

drnrg wrote:Anyway,You completely forget to mention HRG Attack; who has; by every sense of the word, evolved thier sound even to the point of bringing back the old school 80s Italo sound. They also have countless new material. "Spirit Of The Night", "Maybe In The Dark", ect.. "Eurobeat Rebirth" and that new song feat Stephy Martini vocals would have been perfect for this new SEB. You also forgot Saifam. They arn't too active on SEB, but I think that AVEX also sends them to the back of the line by purposely not picking out thier better material.eg: the new Ken Martin song on Juno was more than SEB worthy, but I seriously doubt AVEX would let them showcase more than 1 song.. :(

I also don't entirely know what the deal is with all those rights issues between the lables and AVEX. Maybe the labels only submit certain songs to keep the rights to others. I know I would :)
The easiest way to resolve this is just look at the labels themselves. SCP has become the new A-Beat C. They have a plethora of proven artists who are marketable. On Eurobeat charts from the past few years, nothing that the other labels (save for a few tracks by Delta & GoGos and a select few from SinclaireStyle) have had as much success as SCP. The main reason is the poppy, happy, energetic sound that A-Beat C was once known for. It's also the most emulated sound now too. Look at Blast! and to some extent DJ Command and some the current J-Euro; a lot of that uses SCP/A-Beat C (SEB 90-150ish) sounds. Also to go along with that sound, no other Eurobeat artist or group is as marketable as Go 2. HRG will and always will be it's own thing with experimental sounds that involve Italo Disco. Dima has changed quite a bit and with the addition of Gilardi (Ravenant) I could see them being the number two big label with Sun Fire, GoGos, Delta, Sinclaire, HRG, and SAIFAM taking the rest of the tracks.

This post isn't to take away from the quality all the labels have shown through the years. I'm just analyzing it from a business perspective. Personally I wish SCP and GoGos would merge under the Ritmo & Blu banner and have multiple collaborations kinda like in the old days when you would see Rodgers & Sinclaire productions. Go Go Girls feat. Kiki & Fancy... My head would explode... Especially if it was the old school Kiki & Fancy and not Linda (nothing against her as Linda is one of my favorite singers right now) or Lolita & La Gatta... Or a Lolita song produced by Stefano, and an Ace or Fastway song produced by Oliva...
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Dec 2012, 18:39

I take it a major reason Time/Eurogrooves retired is that they were no longer marketable enough in Japan, and on top of that, their relationship with Avex had tattered a little since the Farm incident?
ImageImage

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 02 Dec 2012, 00:17

#Infinity wrote:I take it a major reason Time/Eurogrooves retired is that they were no longer marketable enough in Japan, and on top of that, their relationship with Avex had tattered a little since the Farm incident?
There had to be something else going on there. I honestly believe that Avex was open to Eurogrooves and that it was more in the hands of Sergio Dall'ora than anything. I am not familiar with anything involving them though.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Dec 2012, 03:42

It's quite a disappointment, honestly. Even though it looked like Time was quickly running out of new ideas in the 180's, what with their frequently reused instrumentations and abundant covers, they returned with a vengeance around the time they evolved into Eurogrooves. During the 190's and early 200's, they brought us classics such as Euronight, Hurricane Man, and Take This Way. Heck, even the last handful of tracks produced under the Time label, including I Remember, Save Another Day For Me, and Ready Forever, struck gold for me.

Considering the label still had a lot of potential, I'm upset that they suddenly stopped producing original material. I've made it no secret that their departure is a primary reason for the series' severe drop in quality during the 210's, and unless declining labels such as HRG and Dima shape up their act, I doubt the 220's will be any stronger.
ImageImage

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 02 Dec 2012, 04:54

I still have to lament about the post-Newfield Delta productions. Newfield created some great magic with his titles, but now their songs...well...blow. The last Delta release I really cared for was "Go Shinkansen". Something about these latest songs feel recycled and uninspired. Anyone else get that feeling?

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 Dec 2012, 05:14

So...with the lack of SEB releases after 218, what have the clubs been playing? Like, do the clubs still play 90's tracks, or early 2000 tracks?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Dec 2012, 06:08

Bonkers wrote:So...with the lack of SEB releases after 218, what have the clubs been playing? Like, do the clubs still play 90's tracks, or early 2000 tracks?
I imagine they play some of the classics, along with some recent entries as well to keep themselves relatively up-to-date.

If I'm not mistaken Star Fire has resorted to seeking out independent acts for material as of late.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Dec 2012, 06:28

para_rigby wrote:I still have to lament about the post-Newfield Delta productions. Newfield created some great magic with his titles, but now their songs...well...blow. The last Delta release I really cared for was "Go Shinkansen". Something about these latest songs feel recycled and uninspired. Anyone else get that feeling?
Well, you may as well call Morris Capaldi the label's current president, since he produces everything there nowadays. Frankly, I think Delta has still produced a large handful of great songs, especially Stay With Me, Shalaka Boom, and Ken Blast's tracks. Though I wouldn't say they're at the very top of the current lineup as they were in the 170's and 180's, they still have the ability to produce some great music.

If there's any label that's struggling right now, I'd personally pinpoint HRG. After several years and an impressive catalogue, they seem to have finally reached a point where they're having trouble identifying themselves. On on hand, you've got a giant load of ultra generic, tiredly-produced Bb-minor faires, almost all of which are sung by Nick Festari (or Elisabetta Gagliardi on the female side). On the other, you've got an odd renaissance of italo disco that's I frankly don't think works with the label's musical style, leaving us with tracks that I find boring and forgettable. I Am a Liar, Hard to Say I'm Sorry, and The Magic of Sunshine are excellent, but otherwise, this style just isn't in the caliber for me as early Asia, Time, Flea, etc. To be fair, HRG has released a few recent standouts, in addition to the ones I just listed (Jungle of Fire, Maybe in the Dark, Flying Over the Sky, and Night and Day, Play This Game), but considering where they were even a few years ago, this label has sadly fallen from gace.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Dec 2012, 07:04

@nfinty.

A little love and hate for you.

While I agree 100% on your perspective on TIME/Eurogrooves; I totally disagree the same 100% on your view on HRG Attack. Save for the fact that They do need more vocalists, but as I mentioned ;the new Stephy Martini song should be getting more promotion from AVEX. She should also try an Italo style song with them just for fun. I think her vocals would fit the style just fine. They do however, desperatly need more male vocalists, since Rimonti has almost sort of retired to Production. Nick Festari has a huge load to carry writing and singing on the label. Carrying more than 50 % weight on his shoulders. I surely wouldn't want him to burn out in that process. I won't go on about your view the new Italo rebirth style, because you ststed that; that is in fact, your own opinion. I respect that, but in thier defense; I actually find the use of stronger sounds and instrumants to give even more power to the old Italo style of the 80's. I've actually wondered what a few revamps of thier older material like "Touch Me" or "Runnig Over The Night" would sound like? or if they could somehow get the rights to older Saifam(Accantino wrote for them) or do a better cover of Boom Boom Dollars(also Accantino material), than BBB did.

Not sure about Eurogrooves, but I suspect Dall Ora also stepped down to spend more TIME with his family. He has a yacht that he hardly ever got the chance to use since his years under AVEX contracts. The Farm label incident had been squashed a while ago. I do have to say; that since thier absence, as well as Newfield's writing style, something just doesn't completely feel Super Eurbeat style. I'm glad Pasquinni is still strong, but it still feels that the series is running with a limp. I still enjoy it and 100% glad it revives itself every so often with new talent, but I find myself returning more and more to the 100-150s or better yet my old vinyls for the traditional Eurobeat sound..

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 03 Dec 2012, 19:13

I think it's a shame the new seb doesn't include 'eurobeat rebirth'.
It would be a more than perfect start for the new album.

HRG is the most active and creative label I think, they keep on producing a lot of good tracks although they know and should have known that avex couldn't release them all.

Soon on I Tunes: Age of techno remix 3

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Dec 2012, 19:22

EurothunderNL wrote:Soon on I Tunes: Age of techno remix 3
Another grab for me once it hits Junodownload :3
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!