Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 23 Jan 2013, 20:15

Darkholme wrote:Image

It's... beautiful 8)

The lyrics in the booklet say "S. E. B. 4 U maniacs" :grin:
"EDM"
please tell me this means there'll be some experimentation
...well, it IS electronic, it IS dance, and it's certainly music. Why the hell not?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 23 Jan 2013, 20:22

At this point I really wish I knew how to read kanji, there's just so much written under each song in the booklet and at the end. Like an entire page of text!

I saved the sleeve thingie and the sticker, too cool to throw away :grin:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Jan 2013, 20:36

Will154 wrote:
Lebon14 wrote: Ça se peut tu que j'aille ma copie demain?! Ça serait crissement awesome!
jai pris airmail dude , vraiment rapide sur le shipping je serais pas surpris :p y me lont shipper dimanche en plus..
J'ai pris Airmail aussi... Sauf que je l'ai pas reçu aujourd'hui. :(
Probablement Mercredi prochain comme d'habitude...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 23 Jan 2013, 21:40

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 23 Jan 2013, 22:32

The second part of the chorus in Kiss is actually really unique. Good one ;-)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Jan 2013, 23:21

OMGWTF?!!!! The Scream Team track is absolutely amazing in extended mix! Harpsichords and sitars hiding in the track? Operatic singing? Call and response between the vocalists? Yes, please!

This has to be one of SCP's finest productions in a very long while. I can see how some may find it too cute sounding, but take a minute to listen to the neat things being done here.

And....yeah, I don't hear Annerly in the An-G track whatsoever. The vocalist sounds very reminiscent of American Pop singers...maybe like one of those Disney pop singers. Yeah...great track nevertheless.

I'll review more after hitting the album harder.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 24 Jan 2013, 00:03

Does anyone know the order of the singers in SEB 4 U? In the chorus you can clearly hear the Ace & Dave Rodgers parts and if I'm not mistaken Nick Festari in the bridge singing "got the power to be".
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jan 2013, 02:46

^I think I can also hear Domino from the sample.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 24 Jan 2013, 03:01

Well the first verse is obviously all Dave & Futura, its the second verse/bridge where things start getting hazy but I'm almost positive that I hear Nick Festari. The chorus starts with all, Ace then I lose it again, and at the end I hear Dave. The third verse is Ace, Domino, Fastway, and back to Domino.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jan 2013, 08:42

It's great to see everyone choose thier favs from hearing the samples. I really missed this aspect of Eurobeat. Now for my initial thoughts. using smileys; of course. remeber the system?

8) Eurobeat perfection
:D Super Happy
:) Content
:???: Not enough to tuen me on
:cry: No, just no.

1. SEB All Stars feat DJ Boss- SEB 4 U. (SCP)
Great clip. I love the fact that Dave starts out the vocals, because I hear a very strong AbeatC influence in the riff. "Eurobeat desire" sounds like my hero; Festari. Damn I can't wait to hear that chorus, but all signs tell me that this is a sure Fire hit. I still wish they came up with more original name than SEB All Stars. Sounds too much like TIME all Stars. Not to mention that ridiculous very unlike Extended of 3:51. That's how I know it's SCP label, but as far as a the quality of the song; I stick to my high rating.
8)

2. An-G- Different Girl (SCP)
Not bad. I like the riff alot, but having some trouble in the way A.G. uses her vocals. It's probobly that Euro Dance style you guys mention. Don't care for them too much.I'd rather her sing "Help Me"(TIME) style. Anyway, I don't see why Annerly Gordon would be at SCP to begin with? 4:12 is barely qualifies as Extended to me and I need to hear a chorus to to see if I change my mind.
:?

3. Dejo & Bon - Loving Eurobeat (sinclaire Style)
Seriously needs a chill pill in bmps. Has a cool Edo Boys sound to it, but I much rather Bonini's vocals like he sang on "Bad Connection" and Dejo like he sounded on "Jealous guy" or Abeatc's "Love & Celebration" Aside from this I remeber liking the youtube clip alot, so I give it a thumbs up either way.
:D

4. Stephy Martini- Power & Love (Dima)
Stephy always sounds great. Her favs for me will always be "Emotions" at DELTA and "Speed Demon" at Dima studios. This clip shows me a great feeling melody in the verses, so I have high hopes for the chorus.

5. Bamboo Bimbo - Kiss (SCP)
Trippy DOA feel in this song, but I love it. Is it HOT Blade on crack? Who cares. He sounds great hyped up. One of the few male vocalists who actually do. I'm also tireing of those shout outs. At least the way SCP inserts them, but this clip still shouts Aggressive Eurobeat perfection to my ears. Let's hear that clip one more TIME. I'm not surprised of the short legnth, but I hope the real extendeds come my way. I remeber how Fucking epic Disconnected sounded in true Extended mode.
8)

6. Dave Rodgers - 1 Fire (Sun Fire)
HOT DAMN! This should blow my speakers out! Loving those synths inserted inbetween the verses lines. Almost sound like violine effecets done Eurobeat style. Anyway, this sounds most promising for old school Eurobeat fans. I'm hoping it's the "Fire Dragon" of 2013.
8)

7. Tipsy & Tipsy- Down Down Down (Asia)
I can't believe that AVEX skipped on Mela- When I Dream of You and the two Farina sung songs for this watered down bull sh**. Tipsy & Tipsy have never been my favourite act, but this is Saifam at thier weakest. I'm thinking AVEX just flipped a coin and chose this filler where an actual SURE FIRE EUROGROOVES classic should have been slotted. The worst part is that it puts a dent on what could have been 7 great songs in a row. :evil:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

8. Cy- Ro- Born To Be Wild In My Car (HRG Attack)
Dying to hear that chorus. Festari is for me the best Eurobeat voice now a days. He's got a good agreessive tone , but can also bring it down a notch for the Italo style. The riff is solid HRG Attack. I'm thinking I will love this track imensly once I hear it in full.
8)

9. Powerful T.- Kelly (ABeatC)(Sun Fire)
This clip didn't do anything for me, but I remember liking this alot when I heard it on You Tube. It had that Euroenergy series sound. Most notably a song from Alejandro- Be A Hero; which I absolutely adore, So I'm guessing, I will like this track a lot too.

10. Scream Team- Wacky- Wacky- O (SCP)
I wouldn't go as far as calling it childish, but it's nowhere near the song that DOmino sung under that name. "Boom Boom Scream" Now that was a song! This meh.. could be concidered skipable in my book.
:???:

11. Rich Hard - Wild Boys (Sun Fire)
Should have been a Duran Duran cover. That being said; I hear a lot of ingredients that I like. The slower bpms work just fine. The riff, while odd at first, quickly grows on you by 3-4 listen. Could be the sleeper on the cd? Promising to say the least. Rich is also a fresh vocal sound among veterans. That's also a plus for him. I usually like Rich Hard songs, so I'm not surprised.

12. Heather feat. Dima - Dance Eurobeat (Dima)
Another title with the word "Eurobeat" in it. We get it allready :P A great sounding clip. Good Feel in the melody and in the riff. Reminds me of TIME songs of the past. No doubt the best female sung song on the cd. "Beautiful Boy" was one of my favs, so I'm hoping this is just as strong.

13. Daniel - Super Driver (Delta)
I like this clip. Another song that blew me away on You Tube. Is it Torchianni singing? Riff sounds solid. Don't care for the motor engine effects. I don't think they are needed. Not exactly Eurobeat perfection, but should be a nice listen.
:)

14. Fastway- Hyper Super Powers (SCP)
Nothing new here. Sounds like a song made just to insert crappy shoutouts. Fastway has some real classics under his belt, but he also has released some real generic stinkers. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna go listen to "Number One" and recall his better days. It's a pity that this is the one song SCP decides to give it an actual extended mix.
:cry:

15. Dejo - Boys Gone Wild (Sinclaire Style)
I hear that old school Bratt sound in the riff. THis I like. Probobly better than the Dejo and Bon song. Can't tell much from this clip, but riff shouts All systems go. Well see if it deserves to close out the SEB comeback cd?

4 songs that I concider Eurobeat perfection and 3 of those are in the middle of the disc. I'd say this sounds like it will be a nice way to introduce a Eurobeat comeback. 5 things that this disc needed to make it better IMOP are.

1. More HRG Attack. Fast or Italo, doesn't matter.
2. Less SCP. My two duds are from that label and funny enough, from old established artist names. Plus the only tracks from them that blew me away were 1&5. Definately not the showing they had on SEB 153. That was amazing showcase of music.
3. Better Saifam entries. That Tipsy & Tipsy entry needs to be put down like a wounded horse..
4. At least one Dima sung song. WTF AVEX?
4. EUROGROOOVES EUROGROOVES EUROGROOVES!!!!!

8)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 24 Jan 2013, 09:45

Evelina said, on the SCP Fanclub Facebook page:

"Many ask who sings in "SEB 4 U", here's the list: Domino, Kaioh, Dave Rodgers, Cherry, Mark Farina, Futura, Franz Tornado, Ace, Niko, Dave Dima, Fastway. All in scrambled order!"

Oh yea, Farina. They told me that before. :X

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 24 Jan 2013, 10:25

SEB All Stars

It makes great use of its multiple vocalists and the chorus is amazingly powerful. They went with an explosive comeback and they succeeded! I think think it has room for improvement, there's nothing that's really memorable for me. It's still solid, and a great track that does what was intended.

7/10

Different Girl

A fun, pop-sounding song with a pretty nice riff. It's quite catchy, but I'm not that impressed with the vocals. I just feel that Annerley can do a lot better, or it's just me that really misses the crazy singing in Try Me and On My Own. For that reason I think Different Girl sounds pretty modern.

6/10

Loving Eurobeat

Sinclaire Style really shows its eurobeat prowess here! Dejo, electric guitars, fast pace and stabbing synths all come together to form the sound you come to expect of Sinclaire and Dejo. It's new but traditional at the same time, intense and rocking! Hey! Hey! Para para!

9/10

Power & Love

I really thought I recognized the melody from somewhere... it's Fever of Love! I don't mind, though. Luckily it shares Fever of Love's excellent power and vocals. Stephy hasn't disappointed so far, and this song moves her a step up in list.

9/10

Kiss

I'm absolutely blown away by this song. Whoever wrote this needs a medal. I don't even know what to say. It manages to be faster than Loving Eurobeat and more powerful than Power & Love. The synth sounds a bit like something that'd pop up in the Touhou eurobeat series, fast and chaotic. Bonus points for a Fastway-sounding "Aaaaaa-AH!"

10+/10

1 Fire

I have a soft spot for Dave, I really do. Space Boy was the first eurobeat song I ever heard and I always get stuck on one of his songs now and then. The king of cheese brings a newfound power this time around, his vocals sound improved and renewed! This song gets me hyped for his next, even if it won't have an equally awesome guitar solo like 1 Fire has.

9/10

Down Down Down

I expected a super-happy and sugary-sweet song and that's exactly what I got. What I didn't expect was the amount of happy and the sing-along riff. It's a song that doesn't stand out that much, it's low-key and pretty cute. I just wish the synth didn't blend in so much during the chorus, it sounds kinda weird.

7/10

Born to Be Wild in My Car

If there's one thing this song has in abundance it's energy. While the riff isn't that intense, the chorus really brings all the power. It's that wonderful euroheat that we all know and love; songs about cars, having fun and all kinds of love. Nothing here disappoints.

8/10

Kelly

If Kiss is the first gem, this is the second. What really gives this songs its edge is Powerful T. and his magical vocals that work with pretty much anything you throw at them. I really love Kelly too, T. I really love Kelly.

10/10

Wacky-Wacky-O!

I couldn't predict anything that's on this track. While it's not as awesome as Horror Fantasy or any of the earlier Scream Team songs, it definitely tries its very best to insert whatever new sound it finds. The operatic singing and who-knows-what add a nice twist to a very upbeat song.

8/10

Wild Boys

I love the song itself, but the vocals seriously kill the song for me. I can't get past all the effects. To me it just doesn't match the song.

5/10 (8/10 without the vocals)

Dance Eurobeat

A joy to listen to through and through. It's happy and doesn't slow down at any point. It's an ode to everything fun that eurobeat stands for. Both Heather and Dima sound great. More like this!

8/10

Super Driver

Regular eurobeat done well and done right! Instantly memorable chorus and semi-serious sounding riff. That and the lyrics makes me think of a lite version of Frontal Impact.

8/10

Hyper Super Powers

I can't put my finger on it, but it sounds a bit odd. I can see what they're trying to do, but it just doesn't work out. It's messy, loud and just a tiny bit confused. The riff has a good amount of power but the rest isn't that good. I think Fastway works best with more focused songs.

6/10

Boys Gone Wild

Oh god. Oh man oh god oh man oh god. THIS is how you end an album. It's epic and Dejo hasn't lost even the smallest bit of power since Night of Fire. Sinclaire Style seem to be at the top of their game, which makes me want even more from them. Hopefully 222 will keep it up.

9/10

Overall

A very solid 8/10 that paves the way for a hopefully even better 222. Many names make an amazing return and Bamboo Bimbo makes an explosive entry that steals the show. Dave Rodgers is back to his former glory (did he ever leave?) The only thing I can whine about is the lack of Clara Moroni. I choose to believe she's charging up for a release that'll blow every other song off the face of the earth. :grin:

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 24 Jan 2013, 10:38

GG CDJapan. My order got shipped today... I feel so left out... well at least the CD is headed my way... The album does sound far better than anything in the past 2 SEB decades which is a great feat. just gotta keep my fingers crossed that it's the direction the series is going for in the future as well.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jan 2013, 12:46

SCP tweeted this :

"An-G in 'Different Girl' is a new singer whose Christian name is Angela - does that answer your question, Jimmy Tork?"

So... Angela Codenotti if I understood that right.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 24 Jan 2013, 14:02

Lebon14 wrote:SCP tweeted this :

"An-G in 'Different Girl' is a new singer whose Christian name is Angela - does that answer your question, Jimmy Tork?"

So... Angela Codenotti if I understood that right.
Christian name is the first name.