Super Eurobeat 226

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Oct 2013, 09:16

para_rigby wrote:
Tiger wrote:Bad Girl / Domino is supposed to be a song on SEB226.
About damn time to get a Domino track on SEB. I'm really curious if GGM dissolved into SCP. There are so few tracks from them so far this decade and I see pictures on Facebook of some of the GGM crew at SCP's studios.
The releases are still labeled as Go Go's Music though. The past releases told us so.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 23 Oct 2013, 10:42

GoGo's website vanished a while ago too.

The plot thickens...

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 23 Oct 2013, 11:31

Mindsweeper wrote:GoGo's website vanished a while ago too.

The plot thickens...
I'm not really surprised by this. It was pretty much abandoned anyway.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Oct 2013, 13:11

Well, Domino already performed Fuku Wa Uchi! and Boom Boom Scream at SCP before, so at least this isn't newly charted territory for her.

Right now, I'm more concerned about the fate of Elena Gobbi. It's been several albums since the 220's began, and she still hasn't shown up at all, despite her usual prominence with the former GGM team. Is she going to continue work at SCP, or is she just as disillusioned by GGM's decision to merge with the label as I personally am, that she's finally bowing out of the eurobeat industry for good?
ImageImage

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Oct 2013, 13:57

Well, Elena has been doing eurobeat since around 1988 so that's quite a long time. I think one of the big problems is that the shining stars of eurobeat are getting older (40s to 50s) and they may not be that interested anymore. I'm curious as this genre evolves over the next decade (I hope this is true!), how great, fresh blood will be injected into the genre or will the aging of the original stars work against itself.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Oct 2013, 20:26

Here is a sample of Bad Girl

http://youtu.be/bwKai6dlNVg

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 23 Oct 2013, 21:19

Interesting. The chorus is good, hook has some appeal (I adore the kind of rise to a key change between the chorus and hook - that made me smile), but the verse and bridge sound decidedly bland.

It's good that GGM still has a bit of a different sound from SCP, but I dunno - this doesn't sound quite as dynamic as previous GGM tracks. I miss the Ultra Mi-Ha Deluxe/Nack 5/Don't Let Me Go days... :???:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Oct 2013, 07:32

the riff is really good. I wish the chorus was a bit more catchier, but her voice sounds a bit hyped. I remeber her with much more mature sounding vocals.

Lexi Rinale
Eurocurious

Post by Lexi Rinale » 24 Oct 2013, 07:50

How about Sandro Oliva? Since every GoGo's track has been produced by Kaioh, is it safe to assume he left GoGo's during 2012 which sparked the merger?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 24 Oct 2013, 14:20

Pretty much what the_ditz said. The song doesn't sound bad, but the verse is quite lifeless and doesn't intuitively transition into the chorus, though that phrase is slightly stronger.

To be honest, I personally don't think Domino has released a truly excellent song since Hey Mr. Dee Jay from 2003. It feels like she's been gradually caving more and more into the Japanese influences that make her tracks popular with the para para crowd, but in return sacrificing the musical direction that made her best work truly memorable. I want more tracks like Euroboy, Woa Woa Woa, and Stop, as those are easily her best works and represent her style faithfully without overlooking the harmonious edge and originality necessary to make appropriate use of such.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 24 Oct 2013, 17:09

#Infinity wrote:Pretty much what the_ditz said. The song doesn't sound bad, but the verse is quite lifeless and doesn't intuitively transition into the chorus, though that phrase is slightly stronger.

To be honest, I personally don't think Domino has released a truly excellent song since Hey Mr. Dee Jay from 2003. It feels like she's been gradually caving more and more into the Japanese influences that make her tracks popular with the para para crowd, but in return sacrificing the musical direction that made her best work truly memorable. I want more tracks like Euroboy, Woa Woa Woa, and Stop, as those are easily her best works and represent her style faithfully without overlooking the harmonious edge and originality necessary to make appropriate use of such.
You didn't like Boom Boom Scream????!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 24 Oct 2013, 18:19

Domino has never really been my favourite female vocalist. Whatever label she was featured on always had a better option IMHO - A-Beat C had Mickey B, GGM had Elena Gobbi/Lolita and SCP had Pamsy/Irene. She is an icon in the Eurobeat scene however and has done a lot for the genre, so I guess that's why she's still on the scene to this day.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 Oct 2013, 02:04

Bonkers wrote:You didn't like Boom Boom Scream????!
I liked Boom Boom Scream, as well as 109 and Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go, but I didn't love them. Like the_ditz just stated, every label that Domino has been a part of has featured stronger vocalists with better-written songs.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Oct 2013, 08:48

I'm not a fan of her solo stuff. Maybe just My Love Is Still Alive and EuroBoy , but she did sing some memorable duets with Dave Rodgers.

Friday Night
Don't Close Your Eyes
Forever
I Believe In You
I Just Wanna Find You
Click Your Heart

Boom Boom Scream was awesome, but I think I was mesmerized more with the extended version of the song as a whole, rather than her vocal aspect.

let's see if she can rebirth some new interst with her new song.

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 26 Oct 2013, 10:26

I had a nightmare today that Avex confirmed that SEB226 was going to be a euromach-styled non-stop lol (true story).

About GoGo's Music, Domino's the one owning the label. So even if Sandro has left, the tracks are still GoGo's Music since they are produced by Federico (and mixed by Stefano). And even if the two labels collaborate with each other, they're still officially two separate labels.

From a brief conversation I had with Domino (I met her during the Gaijin!Fest Barcelona event) I assume Sandro doesn't feel like making eurobeat "anymore" but who knows if he can come back in the future?
Amateur indie eurobeat producer. Check out my music here! https://soundcloud.com/super-nova-473010963