Maio & Co Live in Tokyo 1995

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Maio & Co Live in Tokyo 1995

Post by Bonkers » 22 Jan 2015, 04:30

Don't know how many have seen this so thought I'd share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7VK1Gcahvs

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Jan 2015, 08:46

That was actually Mike. Vanni doing the personation of Maio & Co. It's playback. Nando Bonini did all vocals for Maio & Co., but not that performance.

Mike Vanni actually appears on the sleeve for Dart In My Heart 12;. He also help write songs like Gipsy & Queen- Queens of Desire. I think he sang for DELTA hit, "Kiss Me Goodbye" - Michael Beat
"
all info I recieved from my good friend Marcello D'Azzurro and NRG Boys back when I used to puirchase 12's from Holland.

Still looks like everyone had one hell of a night. Good old TIMEs 8)

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 22 Jan 2015, 11:36

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for sharing this!
got all the feels, it's wonderful :D

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 26 Jan 2015, 00:56

drnrg wrote:That was actually Mike. Vanni doing the personation of Maio & Co. It's playback. Nando Bonini did all vocals for Maio & Co., but not that performance.
This is a cool video. But in response to what you said, I still just can't understand the reason behind the whole multiple aliases / using different people as models for the artists thing. I've heard the reasons that have been put forth on here (to make it look like there's a larger number or actual artists / to have a face associated with the name that may be more attractive than the actual vocalist, etc), but to me it's just insulting to the fan. I just don't give it much thought now because it's just a given with Eurobeat. But still...

Most of us can obviously tell when there's one vocalist using separate aliases. Which kinda defeats the purpose of trying to make it look like there's more artists than there are. Seems like it's more of just "that's how things have always been." Likewise, I'd imagine that if you were there it would be pretty easy to tell that his guitar wasn't doing shit as well. Idk, for me that would have ruined the performance and my mood.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 26 Jan 2015, 02:36

[Whoops apparently it's been back for a while]

This video still inspires me to do better in my own shows, it's amazing to see so many people enjoying themselves to live eurobeat. :,D You can tell it was a good night.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Jan 2015, 11:16

Gruzky
his is a cool video. But in response to what you said, I still just can't understand the reason behind the whole multiple aliases / using different people as models for the artists thing. I've heard the reasons that have been put forth on here (to make it look like there's a larger number or actual artists / to have a face associated with the name that may be more attractive than the actual vocalist, etc), but to me it's just insulting to the fan. I just don't give it much thought now because it's just a given with Eurobeat. But still...

Most of us can obviously tell when there's one vocalist using separate aliases. Which kinda defeats the purpose of trying to make it look like there's more artists than there are. Seems like it's more of just "that's how things have always been." Likewise, I'd imagine that if you were there it would be pretty easy to tell that his guitar wasn't doing shit as well. Idk, for me that would have ruined the performance and my mood.
Maybe it was insulting to you, but I thank the heavens for Aliases. That made my Hi NRG/Italo/ Disco/Eurobeat the massive collection that it is today. More aliases meant more music. Hmm, Yeah, I never had a problem with that. 8)