Super Eurobeat 238

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 18 Apr 2016, 09:49

My order has been shipped! Hope, it won't take 50 days again to arrive... :grin:

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 18 Apr 2016, 10:03

My impressions of the samples...

1. HERO / KEN MARTIN - What happened to Mauro Farina? It sounds like he doesn't even sing here on his classic eurobeat alias. Shame, because it would improve this stale, uninspired track.
:(

2. I WANNA BE A STAR / LOLITA - Here's something that I don't hear nearly enough on SEB - innovation! This seems like an acquired taste production, but I love the soaring vocals, cyber-disco synths, and unique melodic progression.
:)

3. BOOM BOOM BOOSTER / TORA - A pretty decent, not especially creative Leonardi production. The synth is great, but the chorus is nothing noteworthy for a genre of music that's now several decades old.

4. FORBIDDEN LOVE CHERRY - Seriously, if this had come out in 2008, back when I was finishing 9th grade and entering 10th grade, I'd probably love it, but as it stands, it's yet another sign that Capaldi has failed to advance his sound since "Anyway Anymore" and "Big Bad and Hot Love." This song is essentially the equivalent of something like "Take Me to Your Heart" coming out 2008, the same year as the two aforementioned. It's not a bad song, I just think more originality is necessary to keep somebody like me continuously invested in the series.
:| / :)

5. I'LL NEVER BREAK / ACE - Much to my surprise, I've discovered in recent years that, while Ace's material is usually good, I'm not a particularly fan of his, and this song doesn't change my mind about that. It's actually one of the most forgettable tracks he's ever recorded.
:|

6. FIREGUN / VICKY VALE - I may have to take back my comment about "Forbidden Love," because this here actually sounds different for once! It's definitely still a Capaldi production, but at least he's finally stepping out of his comfort zone. I just hope the reason for this isn't because he simply teamed up with another producer, ala Super Megastars...

7. DO YOU REMEMBER? / ALEKY - It has nothing on "Eternity," but it's at least enjoyable to some degree, unlike most of Dima's more recent output.

8. BLAT THE TRUMPET JEFF DRILLER - Like "Forbidden Love," this could've been made in 2008 and not sounded out of place. Thankfully though, it's still a competent production, unlike "Hot Like a Fire." (*shudders*)

9. BABY BABY / CIAO CIAO - A great synth melody is unfortunately ruined by a completely half-assed chorus. I still miss the Hi-NRG Attack of the late 90s and early 2000s.
:| / :(

10. SHOOT! / DAVID DIMA - Something went really wrong at Dima as the 2010s began to set in. This isn't just a dry rehash of classic Dima like most of the label's 220s productions were, this is flirting with monotonous garbage like "Life" from SEB 114.

11. WALK IN THE SUNSHINE / LILY - The superior synth and bad chorus from "Baby Baby" are traded in for a less unimpressive chorus and a not-as-good synth hook. As a whole, this is still pretty marginal.

12. FUN / JAGER - Probably the best SCP entry here, but still subpar compared to "I Won't Fall Apart," "Fly Magic," and the like.

13. KISS AGAIN / LES, ANA & ROBERTA - A completely standard female SinclaireStyle production, neither great nor poor, faring better in production than vocals.
:| / :)

14. ALL OVER ME / PAMSY - Wow, I had no idea just how bland Pamsy could sound, but that's what happens when your writing is so apathetic. SCP was one of the most consistent labels in the eurobeat game for several years, but based on junk like this, it seems they've finally burnt out. Clearly the days of "Dancing' Alone," "Livin' in the Night," "My Universe," "2 Love, 4 Love," "So Fragile," and "Emotional Child" are long over.
:(

15. HYSTERIA / MANUEL - As was the case with the last Super Eurobeat album I listened to before I stopped following the series, the Manuel song is really the only true highlight (though the Lolita song is also pretty good so far), if mostly for the killer production in this case.
:) / :D
ImageImage

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 18 Apr 2016, 17:14

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 19 Apr 2016, 07:24

-------
Last edited by Anthony McBazooka on 21 Apr 2016, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 19 Apr 2016, 07:27

#Infinity wrote:My impressions of the samples...

6. FIREGUN / VICKY VALE - I may have to take back my comment about "Forbidden Love," because this here actually sounds different for once! It's definitely still a Capaldi production, but at least he's finally stepping out of his comfort zone. I just hope the reason for this isn't because he simply teamed up with another producer, ala Super Megastars...
Delta has a new writer for this track, which might be the reason.
Also GGM has a new writer for the Lolita track on this album.

So not so sure whether the full credits should be given only to Capaldi on this since a Japanese website that will be selling the CD on release date shows Clara Moroni and a newcomer by the name of Sugarini as the writers for this song.

There is also a new writer on GGM it seems since Lolita's track has the name of Bernadette Contini as one the writers as well.

So a total of 2 previously unheard of writers on this album seems like a good start into something fresh for once in a long time.

Here is the link with the credits, for anyone in disbelief.
Just scroll down to the very bottom and right click the note pad symbol on the right of each song for the credits for these 2 songs :P
http://www.yodobashi.com/%E3%82%B9%E3%8 ... 002536253/

mila wrote:Histeria / Manuel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADXDt04httQ
That preview was so yummy!!! I'm loving all the sexual innuendos "but you can play with it, only one shot, makes you happy and satisfied, you just wanna have some fun like the other pretty girls, tonight take a chance with me, everything will be all right" :x I think there is also much more naughty stuff in the chorus too, but it's hard to completely understand it all.

UPDATE

Different song previews than the official Avex trailer are up on Amazon Japan, showing off different parts of the song not heard on the Avex trailer! :!:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... robeat+238

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Apr 2016, 05:49

First of; why doesn the amazon page show the songs in a different order?
after hearing the amazon samples; I can surely say that some of my fav previews have gained another point.

Both HRG Attack female tracks sound even better. "Blat the Trumpet" sounds way more powerful.

The Les, Roberta and Ana track sound like it has male vocals? and that makes it even more interesting.

"Firegun" gives me even more 80's Hi-Energy vibes

and...Jager still sounds like a man-child singing from inside a bubble :P

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 20 Apr 2016, 06:32

-------
Last edited by Anthony McBazooka on 21 Apr 2016, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 20 Apr 2016, 12:56

^His voice sounds pitched up like when he was with Blast (under Mike Snap and Saetta Kid aliases...)

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 20 Apr 2016, 14:29

-------

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 20 Apr 2016, 15:02

Interesting since I thought the productions of SCP and Blast were pretty similar, IMHO.

Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Delta » 20 Apr 2016, 17:26

Anyone knows if the soundtrack is on Youtube? There's no songs uploaded yet...

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 21 Apr 2016, 01:31

Anthony McBazooka wrote: SCP and GoGo's still didn't win points. If they want to make Disco Pop, they should use other aliases than Ace or Lolita for that stuff. And make another series and not use Super Eurobeat for that.
Well, if you remember, SCP went all pop in 2010. I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary (by now) for SCP to hatch out a pop-influenced track. It is weird for GoGo's to follow this trend (as you wouldn't think Domino would go down that road). Maybe it's a one-track try. It could also be Avex trying to influence the artists (since they do live worlds apart from each other, and Avex is just trying to keep things appealing to the current Japanese nightlife crowd).

We'll see when 239 comes out!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 21 Apr 2016, 02:34

vladimirkonami wrote:Anyone knows if the soundtrack is on Youtube? There's no songs uploaded yet...
A huge portion of each song from the album can be listened to for free legally from the Japanese site Mora.jp.

Amazon and the trailer only let you hear small snippets, but the Japanese site Mora has very lengthy previews I haven't heard in such a way before!! Almost 1 minute and half preview for each song!! :P

http://mora.jp/package/43000002/AVCD-10238/

I have to say that Lolita's track sounds so different than her usual, but at the same time it sounds soo very good. This is the Lolita I want to hear from now on, with clear vocals, and not all that noise in recent past songs which blurred out her beautiful voice. The bridge on "I Wanna Be A Star" is so unique and really building up to the chorus.

"let's go to the studio i got a cool new melody in my mind, i'm ready to surprise, oh, with my music, come on make some noise." Yes, Lolita, you have surprised me, and gave me an eargasm! :x

Also the Pamsy track sounds perfect to me, and brings me to euphoria. Kudos to SCP and Gogo on this album. You guys made me very very happy!

Actually, most of the album is actually sounding pretty amazing to me with only a few songs I really didn't like at all. Still mostly good songs and so it's easily one of the most refreshing albums in a VERY long time for me :P

If eurobeat has to follow this path, let it be, because I'm happy with it and can still feel the "eurobeat" vibes through it, regardless of what others have said about this sounding "mainstream", which really isn't "mainstream" at all, but much more thought and innovation to make it something not heard elsewhere in the music world.

I will reserve my positive and negative thoughts on other songs for a later review.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Apr 2016, 04:39

I love the way each set of previews was better than the last.

Forbidden Love has chorus melo of Mad Max - No More Lonely Nights. That is a huge plus for me. 8)

heard the "Kiss Again". Alright no male vocals, just maybe in that spoken part. This is surely gonna be my top track just because I think the Les style shines out the most.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 21 Apr 2016, 05:44

-------