Power Of Sound?????

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Power Of Sound?????

Post by drnrg » 28 Jan 2006, 10:30

8)I can't believe this song won :evil: There were a lot of great songs up against this. ex: Off the top of my head...Oh, I don't know, how about SUPERGUY!! or "FINE" ? well I guess I can be greatful "Tricky, Sticky and Bang didn't win :lol: , but Power Of Sound. Please.. I hope they put this song up against Fastway's "Number One" so it can get it ASS kicked :twisted: Sorry guys I just don't like this song at all. Ace has some great songs, but this lacks NRG and speed.(of Course, this is only my opinion)but I felt I would touch the subject, just in case anyone else is shocked?

The forum is open. Anyone else feel they got jipped? :shock:

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 28 Jan 2006, 10:34

I feel the same as you...
Much much more better songs were in the battle.
Anyway, I go to listen to those better songs now. :lol:
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 28 Jan 2006, 17:51

I agree (to a certain extent). Still, you shouldn't be whining about it; the winner's the winner, end of discussion.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

MusAshI
Bad Bad Bad

Post by MusAshI » 28 Jan 2006, 18:17

Yes, I thought some other songs should have been closer to the final (Dance Into Your Fire, Dark In The Night 2004, Space Fighter)

But I'm glad Power Of Sound beat Wild Reputation 2005.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 28 Jan 2006, 18:38

I really dislike Power of Sound.

This is a travesty!
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 28 Jan 2006, 20:06

Hehe signed seal and delivered!

Will get the next Tournament going on sometime tonight~

Initial D songs get too much of a novelty hit value status for appearing in the show :)

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 28 Jan 2006, 20:15

So is there going to be a ranked list of the tournament songs in the order they dropped out? (So "Power of Sound" would be number 1, "Wild Reputation 2005" number 2, etc.)

M;.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 28 Jan 2006, 21:17

DJ Mike wrote:So is there going to be a ranked list of the tournament songs in the order they dropped out? (So "Power of Sound" would be number 1, "Wild Reputation 2005" number 2, etc.)

M;.
Actually that thing was supposed to be implemented, but the problem is that you won't really know which song per say was the 3rd and which one 4th. As there was no competition between those ones.
Only the first 2 songs will get really ranked (unfortunately).

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Jan 2006, 11:07

Bore wrote:Initial D songs get too much of a novelty hit value status for appearing in the show :)
Not for me - I've never even seen Initial D and I really couldn't care which songs have been in it or not. For me, it's all about the music, and Power of Sound simply has a much more appealing melody and orchestration than Wild Reputation 2005...

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 30 Jan 2006, 04:35

I'm not surprised at all that Power of Sound won. While I'll agree that it lacks in "speed" I mean it's a powerful song, well at least for the majority of people that voted for it ;P

It's the type of song that personally gives me shivers. Superguy and Fine are good, but they don't give me that feeling. And the Initial D thing could be an excuse, but myself like a lot of other users on this board don't know jack shit about Initial D. But I have to admit I have no idea how many people that frequent the site watch Initial D so it might be a reason.

All in all, it doesn't really matter what songs win because it doesn't really affect anything, but it really is interesting to see what the majority of people like when forced to choose between songs. :roll:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Jan 2006, 07:11

8) Hmmm... interesting views, though the majoraty that posted think "Power Of Sound" bites, it still won. It would be interesting to put songs of same artist againt themselves. It could happen in the finals. The new battles look promising with HRG Attack and Vibration in the Spotlight. :D

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 30 Jan 2006, 07:58

Bore wrote:Actually that thing was supposed to be implemented, but the problem is that you won't really know which song per say was the 3rd and which one 4th. As there was no competition between those ones.
Only the first 2 songs will get really ranked (unfortunately).
Surely you can just rank them by the number of votes each song received in total during the course of the tournament? Obviously you need to map to some scale - so consider the total number of votes per battle to be 100 max - if something received 80 votes and another 70, you do 80+70=150 - so 150/100=1.5 (the ratio), then 80 becomes 80/1.5=53.3, 70 becomes 70/1.5=46.7

That may not be perfect but it should give you ranked totals (since each song getting through to another round increases its points potential)

M;.