OSU! ^_^

There's a wide world also outside of Eurobeat, this is where you discuss it.
Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

OSU! ^_^

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 28 Aug 2008, 02:23

I discovered this just today and was pretty ecstatic.

For those familiar with 'Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!' game ('Elite Beat Agents' outside of Japan) and enjoyed themselves, will be happy to hear that there's a homebrew PC version, much akin to the other homebrew versions of popular rhythm games around (Stepmania/DDR, Ultrastar/Singstar, etc) that does a very awesome job of emulating the gameplay.

There's a comprehensive online ranking/scoring/file submission system whereby 'beatcharts' are validated by staff to ensure all submitted content meets quality standards. A bold step forwards.

Also, the file creation is very easy and probably the easiest of any rhythm game I've ever played.

It's all free and very easy to get started and work with! I highly recommend you give it a shot.

http://osu.ppy.sh/

EDIT: I'm currently working on a file for 'Spanish Affairs - Helena - SEB183' and it's coming along really well! I've only noticed two eurobeat songs in circulation for it though, Running in the 90's and Night of Fire... could you guess? XD
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 28 Aug 2008, 08:45

Someone had it in the games room in the last anime convention I was at. I didn't get to play though (was about to but someone else pushed in :o ) but I think they were using a sketch pad or something similar to play :D

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 28 Aug 2008, 16:26

Shawaazu wrote:Someone had it in the games room in the last anime convention I was at. I didn't get to play though (was about to but someone else pushed in :o ) but I think they were using a sketch pad or something similar to play :D
I think you mean a TabletPC.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice