How did you get into Eurobeat?

There's a wide world also outside of Eurobeat, this is where you discuss it.
Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 17 Jul 2015, 08:21

TrainEngie wrote:
Is there such thing as "necroposting" in these forums?
Nah no such thing known, practice your necromancy all you want :)

And similar directions to eurobeat seem to happen a lot of times. Plus Heut' Ist Mein Tag shall never become anything less than amazing.

SAMURANG
Bad Bad Bad

Post by SAMURANG » 15 Oct 2016, 16:19

Anyone remember that video where that guy was playing made of fire on stepmania and he smashed his monitor? THAT was how I got into eurobeat
There should be something here but there isn't

djtt
Euro To B

Post by djtt » 24 Oct 2016, 22:49

I'm pretty new into the genre. A few years a go, in 2013, I started work at a school, helping out with sound engineering.
A person there that helped me out at work got on well with me and we started talking about various cartoons and how they were produced.
This person, she started talking about the new reboot of the my Little pony series, she wanted me to hear some Music from it.
I got into it a bit and started looking for the songs online and I discovered this person called Eurobeat Brony.

djtt
Euro To B

Post by djtt » 24 Oct 2016, 22:52

I didn't like the Music so much at first. I've Always been into dance Music, so I like older eurodance and trance a lot. However he released these albums called Super Ponybeat. I read that it was kind of a parody of this other compilation called Super Eurobeat. And when I Heard that Odysey had done vocals under the name Ken Blast on the official series I wanted to check it out, so I grabbed super eurobeat 217 and liked a lot of the songs on it.
From there I started listening to some of the non stop mixes and discovered more songs in those I liked. And now I like a lot of the newer eurobeat, I found this forum and now it looks like I'm here.

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 06 Nov 2016, 22:58

Growing up in a house with my parents and their techno music love it's not that hard to find Eurobeat
I remember that bubblegum 90's pop such as Aqua because I was born in 1995 and I had the Aqua cassette.These sounds are kinda similar to me.
I mean Eurodance
As a teenager I had my dark gothic era , I've been into metal music and later jrock and wow jpop
And then suddenly I've discovered Super Eurobeat.
My mom loves Eurobeat.
I'm from Poland
Of course I don't mind my PS2 and dance dance revolution games :)

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 10 Feb 2017, 14:27

i tried to guide my young sister into eurobeat, but failed,she just prefer K-pop anyway.....too bad....

don't get me wrong! i chose many best female singing tracks for her to listen,but she just "meh! you have pretty weird taste bro" :ew:

so hard to understand her and most of her female friends :(

for eurobeat you learn english,but k-pop, you listen but have no understand about lyric language....
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 10 Feb 2017, 23:06

Last edited by xiao on 04 Jan 2018, 11:21, edited 2 times in total.
🪐

AL19
Eurobeat Boom

Post by AL19 » 11 Feb 2017, 01:20

The first time I heard anything that was Eurobeat, it was a riff of the song "Running in the 90s". I first heard it in Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Movie, where it referenced the LOL Internet meme (Although this was long before I found out it referenced that meme. Then again, I don't follow meme's, as I can't stand most of them, so yeah...). I heard it when I was a teenager, but didn't have enough interest to look up what song it was. Fast forward to 2015, I skimmed through YGO The Abridged Movie, heard that part again, and then tried figuring out what the name of that song was. Sure enough, I listened to the whole song, and then listened to more and more Eurobeat songs until I realized that the genre is now my favorite genre of music. :)

JeffreySoftbark
Eurocurious

Re: How did you get into Eurobeat?

Post by JeffreySoftbark » 27 May 2017, 04:08

I got into it through the second OP of one piece then went on to Lolita's Dreamin' of you, Then SEB, Then Toho Eurobeat, And here I am today

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Re:

Post by Kat » 01 Jun 2017, 10:43

KoolKool wrote: 10 Feb 2017, 14:27 i tried to guide my young sister into eurobeat, but failed,she just prefer K-pop anyway.....too bad....

don't get me wrong! i chose many best female singing tracks for her to listen,but she just "meh! you have pretty weird taste bro" :ew:

so hard to understand her and most of her female friends :(

for eurobeat you learn english,but k-pop, you listen but have no understand about lyric language....
I'm a female and I think that Eurobeat is pretty cool.I'm from Poland , Europe
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 25 Jun 2017, 02:10

I remember listening to this and a year or two later I played DDR and discovered that genre had a name. On a side note, I lurked these forums for years until finally getting an account because the community seemed pretty uninviting ><

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 25 Jun 2017, 18:36

Last edited by xiao on 17 Jan 2018, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 17 Jul 2017, 19:23

Eurobeat since 2005, mostly Initial D Stuff, and ParaPara/Eurobeat/Techno/Eurodance since 2007-2008, i was invited by my sister to go to a regular dancers meeting. I learned about WLTP, SEBs, the clubs, Avex, and stuff, and i made some good friends.

It changed my life, for the best.

Dynamika
Euro To B

Post by Dynamika » 02 Sep 2017, 19:30

In the year 2010 as a little 11-year-old girl I started listening to Vocaloid stuff and eventually I stumbled across some songs of samfree's "Night series", I really liked them but I didn't get to know what the exact genre of them was until at 8th grade (in 2013) when I was looking for anime song remixes and found Only My Railgun Eurobeat charger mix. I instantly fell in love with that remix and now that I had the name of the genre before my eyes I proceeded to search for more of it. Then I listened to the Initial D soundtracks and there was no going back. I feel that this music is truly something that I "needed" in my life and it has been my number one genre since the day I found that anime song remix. No other genre has made me so happy as eurobeat.

FinlandjinM
Bad Bad Bad

Post by FinlandjinM » 19 Oct 2017, 06:40

The first Eurobeat song I recall hearing was "Running in the 90's" around the year 2008 from some meme or something and searched the full version for further listening. Of course I didn't know it was Eurobeat at the time, but the song was kinda cheesy and catchy; I liked the song, but it didn't impact me too much.

It was 2015 when I discovered Eurobeat again from a Initial D music thread on Finnish imageboard. Listening to the music there sparked my interest in watching the show and it led me to continue listening more from YouTube, from EUROLOVERS' channel (rip). I had ripped many of the memiest (it's a word now) songs from his channel, but there still were so many songs I missed. Out of spite I pirated all SEB CDs from 1-215 and continued listening on my own.

It's the end of 2016. One day when I was listening some more Eurobeat I came across Pamsy's "My Sweet Forever". I don't know why, but it moved me on some level. Then I had the craziest idea: I want this on a real CD. I ordered SEB 184 and SEB presents INITIAL D ~D BEST COLLECTION~ from Amazon for around 100 euros, didn't know CDJapan or this site were a thing. I got my hands on the CDs 5th January 2017 and listened the hell out of them. Today I have around 20 SEB CDs in my collection and I plan on getting more whenever I can.

Eurobeat changed my life for the better.