Preferred Bonus Disc Format

Polls regarding Eurobeat can be found here.

Which type of SEB bonus disc you enjoy the most?

Extended Classics (174, 177, 181)
69%
Nonstop Megamixes (175, 178, 182)
13%
Remixes (176, 179, 183)
19%

Total votes: 16

#Infinity
Euroheater

Preferred Bonus Disc Format

Post by #Infinity » 13 Nov 2007, 04:47

I pick Extended Classics since it's very nice to hear some of history's best eurobeat songs in extended format (not their original nonstop format); it's not an easy task trying to find vinyls for the original song.

Nonstop Megamixes are alright, but they generally don't offer any new material and thus aren't very exciting in my opinion. Besides, I'd rather listen to the full versions instead of nonstop cuts.

Remixes offer plenty of nice surprises to add a bit more depth to some already-awesome eurobeat tracks. They come very close to Extended Classics for me, but unfortunately don't offer quite as many tracks. Still, they're nearly just as valuable as Extended Classics and deserve an honorable mention.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 13 Nov 2007, 07:30

Extended. I'm predicting most of the vote will go that way.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 13 Nov 2007, 07:52

Both extendeds and remixes. And because most people will vote extendeds, I voted remixes. ;P

It's good to hear some old goodyness in their full glory, but I like older songs revamped a lot too. Especially that Looka Bomba remix. :3

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 Nov 2007, 08:43

I like extends the best especially with songs that haven't been extended or even radio edits (X-MAN STORY and DON'T PLAY WITH ME). I was a tad disappointed with 181's extends though because you could have heard half of those songs extended on older SEBs or Initial D albums. Gimme some ELECTRIC WOMAN, yo!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Nov 2007, 10:22

Classic Extendeds all the way, but they really gotta start digging deep into those Catalougues.

Toby Ash- Not This Time
Maio & Co- Walking On The Moon
Mako- Money Money
Jeff Driller- Rocket In My Pocket
Scream Team- Horror Fantasy(would sure like to hear one)
Virgenelle- Wanna Be Over The Moon

These have not shown up in extended yet on cd.

As far as mixes, well, you guys know I don't really like Avex style too much.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 13 Nov 2007, 10:44

Remixes all the way, I'm more of a radio-edit kinda guy in the first place. Noticed by time that I hardly care for the extended versions of songs if they exceed 5 minutes. Yet naturally the tracks that have a lacky 2min version only available deserve full lengths as well...

But my pick would be remix... We need more Lolita remixes.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 14 Nov 2007, 16:42

Considering that the only thing we listen to in the car is non-stop mixes I like the nonstops because they offer more variety. While I could care less for the Initial D mix, the junction produce and 9J CDs are greatly appreciated.

Then remixes, then extendeds for me.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 14 Nov 2007, 16:58

non-stop for me. usually, i just like to put on a megamix and listen to that while im working or on the internets.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Nov 2007, 02:07

Densetsu13
Considering that the only thing we listen to in the car is non-stop mixes I like the nonstops because they offer more variety. While I could care less for the Initial D mix, the junction produce and 9J CDs are greatly appreciated.

That's a big generalization. When I'm driving ,I listen to SEB Edits or Extendeds on mp3 quality. I find the Euromachs are way to fast for driving. I'd rather listen to those when working out. And If I'm in the mood for mixes, I just go mix them myself :D

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 15 Nov 2007, 22:08

drnrg wrote:Densetsu13

That's a big generalization. When I'm driving ,I listen to SEB Edits or Extendeds on mp3 quality. I find the Euromachs are way to fast for driving. I'd rather listen to those when working out. And If I'm in the mood for mixes, I just go mix them myself :D
Sorry I should have specified that I meant we as in my boyfriend (Matricks) and myself :P