To parapara or not to parapara

Polls regarding Eurobeat can be found here.

To ParaPara or not to ParaPara?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 43

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 10 Nov 2015, 01:18

Bonkers wrote:Rodgers apparently never heard Happy Hardcore...which is a shame because Happy Hardcore was a pretty top genre 1996-1999 throughout Europe. Most Eurobeat is somewhere between 150-160 bpm, while Happy/UK Hardcore is 170-180+ bpm.
You undermine his knowledge about music ? :!: :o

I don't understand your point to my post. Probably we all interviewed in this period would say the same. Just a suggestion. Dance Para Para, that's better idea, this kind of dance make a sense here in Japan, than non-sense jumping on a dancefloor at high speed bpm. :) But I meant european nowadays. To the Hardstyle, Hardcore, Speedcore, the "empty" electronic noise, stupid music, where doesn't matter text, because it doesn't exist, everybody dancing total freestyle, faster than sounds Eurobeat. That's my point - Para Para wasn't almost never required, just matched and originated in japanese world, somewhere else no.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 10 Nov 2015, 02:11

Hey man don't rag on speedcore. >:c

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Nov 2015, 03:35

Crockett wrote:
Bonkers wrote:Rodgers apparently never heard Happy Hardcore...which is a shame because Happy Hardcore was a pretty top genre 1996-1999 throughout Europe. Most Eurobeat is somewhere between 150-160 bpm, while Happy/UK Hardcore is 170-180+ bpm.
You undermine his knowledge about music ? :!: :o

I don't understand your point to my post. Probably we all interviewed in this period would say the same. Just a suggestion. Dance Para Para, that's better idea, this kind of dance make a sense here in Japan, than non-sense jumping on a dancefloor at high speed bpm. :) But I meant european nowadays. To the Hardstyle, Hardcore, Speedcore, the "empty" electronic noise, stupid music, where doesn't matter text, because it doesn't exist, everybody dancing total freestyle, faster than sounds Eurobeat. That's my point - Para Para wasn't almost never required, just matched and originated in japanese world, somewhere else no.
The response was that Dave said that para para was the only dance that could be done because eurobeat is "so fast"...When in reality it's not as fast as actual FAST EDM. Yes, the synthesizers are going crazy, but the actual beat is 150-160 bpm. And ya, don't rag on Hardcore!!!! It ruled the rave scene for a period!

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 10 Nov 2015, 15:50

Mindsweeper wrote:Hey man don't rag on speedcore. >:c
Some melomans agree only with the fact, that music can be play using classical instruments, no electronical devices, so many genres, including Eurobeat are for them bullshit 8) :???:

Personally I'm closer to the opinion, that these fastest genres can be some kind of an art, but music?......

Composers, and I don't mean Antonio Vivaldi try to arrange a text, even easy, banal, but some normal composition, the very first old Eurobeat staffs remember, that not only synthesizers and keyboards were used, and now after 30-20 years people call music Hardcore, Speedcore, where normal beat rate is changing for buzz, because you can't hear neither single beat! About reputation of the events with listed genres I don't want to tell anything, to not insult anybody. About invite a girlfriend to dancing and listening with a pleasure while Hardcore, Speedcore parties you can also forget.