An another look back to the previous eurobeat decade...

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

An another look back to the previous eurobeat decade...

Post by Bore » 07 Sep 2006, 09:54

After a few days of typing, thinking and editing I've wrapped up typing the full review for the 160s decade as a whole like I did with 150's.

The review briefly sums up how each label did during this eurobeat year, which songs succeeded and how the labels sounded in general.

<a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb160s.php">Super Eurobeat 160's Review</a>.

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 12 Sep 2006, 07:30

Wow.. There's little in your A-Beat-C/Delta/Time pickings that I even liked this decade - most of my favourites for them were in their other songs ;-) But there you go.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Sep 2006, 08:04

I'm mainly here to defend TIME :D I really think you lack the ability to appreciate what TIME has to offer. Though you did praise a few songs, you left out many gems....and you cleary forgott to mention Sergio Dall Ora's recent revival of the disco era as evident in songs by Phil and Vanessa feat. Degaz. here are some hot numbers you left out.

Vanessa feat Degaz- Stand Up 161
Dave Simon- Live For You 162
Sophie- Touch Me Touch Me 163
Phil & Linda- Only For Love, Only For You 164
Mark Gillan- Love Is Like A Fight 166
Idol- Idol 167
Mr. M.- Be The One 168
Rose- Magic Rainbow169

One thing Mr. Dall Ora knows how to do is Dish a super fast number(Pride) and also compose some awesome romantic Eurobeat(Magic Rainbow) Now that is talent.

Don't even get me started on Saifam.

...but all in all your review was very good for the other major labels like SCP, DELTA and ABeatC and most of all HRG :D

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 12 Sep 2006, 08:24

drnrg wrote:I'm mainly here to defend TIME :D I really think you lack the ability to appreciate what TIME has to offer. Though you did praise a few songs, you left out many gems....and you cleary forgott to mention Sergio Dall Ora's recent revival of the disco era as evident in songs by Phil and Vanessa feat. Degaz. here are some hot numbers you left out.

Vanessa feat Degaz- Stand Up 161
Dave Simon- Live For You 162
Sophie- Touch Me Touch Me 163
Phil & Linda- Only For Love, Only For You 164
Mark Gillan- Love Is Like A Fight 166
Idol- Idol 167
Mr. M.- Be The One 168
Rose- Magic Rainbow169

One thing Mr. Dall Ora knows how to do is Dish a super fast number(Pride) and also compose some awesome romantic Eurobeat(Magic Rainbow) Now that is talent.

Don't even get me started on Saifam.

...but all in all your review was very good for the other major labels like SCP, DELTA and ABeatC and most of all HRG :D
Hehehe I was expecting some kind of feedback from Time from you. And well I do have to say that I did forget Stand Up from the honorable mentions, I did like that track a lot. But then a few of the other songs on the list didn't really strike me as their best performances.
What I really wish Time did more often is add some extra edge to their tracks, á la Pride. The tracks that have more of a rough & heavy sound to them, usually please me more. But as also said, they do fine occasionally on the light tracks. Summer, Spring & Fall being one of the best examples.

One thing I noticed myself after writing all of the reviews that basically I graded 10 songs per 3 of the labels... But when looking at the amount of tracks per label SCP had less tracks than Time, but I still graded 5 SCP songs vs. 3 Time tracks. But I guess this is mainly due to the fact that I might not be able to really find any kind of constructive criticism or praising for Time (not sure if I even now did, but at least I managed to fully write the lookback to the decade).

I did keep on trying to figure out new ways on how to do the lookback to the decade but couldn't really come up with many good ideas. So if anyone has a better kind of a system to suggest for 170s I'm very open to suggestions :)